Sign in to follow this  
vetran

Anyone suffered mental health problems

Feeling like I was in a daydream nightmare for a few mins, then suddenly snapping out of it and realising nothing was wrong and I was just in the house watching telly

Those episodes progressively got longer and longer until I was barely in reality at all and started acting out my delusions

This was from a mixture of sleep deprivation and benzo withdrawal but landed me in a mental health hospital all the same

There are so many different mental health problems @vetran ranging from psychosis to neurosis and taking in substance misuse, personality disorders and acquired brain injuries. At some point in our lives 1 in 4 people will experience them. The prison population has a much higher proportion of them. If you are concerned, please don’t hang around or feel embarrassed - just go and see your GP and discuss it through. He will have seen loads of people with very similar issues.

Never being satisfied with any aspect of my life, unable to appreciate what I had achieved and what I had in my life. Loss of interest in most things and just the general feeling of worthless. Inability to sleep but to think bat of almost every scenario in my life. Turn to benzo’s and drink 

Apparently 1 in 3 visits to the GP are for mental health reasons. Go see your GP if you're having issues, you won't be seen as some crazy person, probably just the 4th person they've seen that day for the same reason. It's run of the mill to GP's to see people with mental health problems.

1 hour ago, Kazza61 said:

The doctor will tell you he now understands why you are depressed and tell you he would be depressed too if his cock was that small.

Only my balls got smaller 

But doesn't affect my business so it's all good :P

On 1/14/2020 at 11:07 PM, vetran said:

Looking back can you tell us the warning signs 

Need a bit more info that this. Are you concerned about yourself or someone else ? Are they down / up / all over the place ? If it's you and it's an acute episode then you'll probably be aware  of some changes but if it's chronic then you wouldn't know any warning signs as you'd just be fu**ing mad.

For the last 6 years I have been entering the village sun flower competitions I did come second 4 years ago but every year my neighbor always beats mine and he won’t let it drop, this year I’m thinking of going over his fence in the night and doing his sunflowers in but I no this is wrong but I keep getting this voice in my head saying just fckin do it 

A51FF157-D157-4C59-921E-A98205C5991F.jpeg

26 minutes ago, vetran said:

For the last 6 years I have been entering the village sun flower competitions I did come second 4 years ago but every year my neighbor always beats mine and he won’t let it drop, this year I’m thinking of going over his fence in the night and doing his sunflowers in but I no this is wrong but I keep getting this voice in my head saying just fckin do it 

1 hour ago, vetran said:

A51FF157-D157-4C59-921E-A98205C5991F.jpeg

Listen to the voice

Anxiety problems , generalized + social anxiety. used to have some panic attacks , not anymore.

Did AAS help ? depends. having low or high E2 is a nightmare when you already suffer from anxiety or depression or both , BUT having low dose test (150-250mg) with perfect E2 levels is helping , it decrease my cortisol levels ( blood prooving it ) , I don't have tremors anymore and some other stuff , but the mental anxiety/ego problems are still there , still working on it since 10 years soon.

I have bipolar, the signs were there for all to see bar myself. 

Medication for life and many hospital stays but things can come good buddy, I hope your well and having a good family/friend network around you is better than anything a doctor can do also they can see episodes coming or taking place a lot easier than yourself.

Take care

Danny.

On 15/01/2020 at 9:36 AM, Tricky said:

Never being satisfied with any aspect of my life, unable to appreciate what I had achieved and what I had in my life. Loss of interest in most things and just the general feeling of worthless. Inability to sleep but to think bat of almost every scenario in my life. Turn to benzo’s and drink 

Is this not every man in today's world?

In one way or another nobody is completely satisfied and I wouldn't say that nessecary means you have "mental health" issues.

You just want better, more from life.

3 hours ago, Mrmotivator said:

In one way or another nobody is completely satisfied and I wouldn't say that nessecary means you have "mental health" issues.

Would agree this is true for many people. It's not some chemical imbalance you fix with pills. For most there is something in there life they are not happy with. It's a normal reaction not a mental health issue. By that I mean they need to fix the issue in there life it's not that they have something wrong with there mind. 

However I could just be talking out my bum hole. 

4 hours ago, Mrmotivator said:

Sometimes you can have the 'best' life and still not be happy and want to end it or not be you. Just look at the celebs who have it all and still need drink/drugs to get by or self harm etc.

Yes outward pressures can cause this effect and compound problems, but it can just be how you're wired and you need to learn to roll with the ups and downs.

I have a great life (hell perfect aside from mortgage and not owning a ferarri), but there are days I want to really cause damage to myself, self sabotage and can be a spiteful pr**k. I know the signs now so can rationalise things and do things to manage my thoughts so they pass quickly, but before I knew what the hell was going on I was suspected bi polar for all the craziness in my mind and how I'd act.

To anyone struggling I'd suggest seeing a gp or speaking to someone you trust.  Next steps and what worked for me were making a list of whatever it was that you had good and bad in your life and work on fixing. For me it meant new job, cut out social media,  cut off friends, cut off hormones,  focus on family,  trying new things, find some 'whys' and what matters to me. I spent too long chasing things and doing things for others - trying to be a standard I'm not, for strangers I couldn't even give a s**t about or to prove people wrong about things that had happened 10+ years before. 

Most of the time there are lots of techniques you can do to help keep your mind in a more positive state but you need foundations there and not just to mask things in short term. Of course for serious things medication may be the only answer but I find sometimes pills are too easily prescribed.

4 hours ago, empzb said:

Sometimes you can have the 'best' life and still not be happy and want to end it or not be you. Just look at the celebs who have it all and still need drink/drugs to get by or self harm etc.

Not disagreeing as such but maybe they don't have it all. Money and fame is not everything. Fame is not something I would want and there is a lot of evidence that money only helps with happiness up to a point then more money makes little difference.