Sign in to follow this  
Andrew1990

Chances of injecting into a vein

50/50 you will or you won't. 

Look, stop asking so many of the same questions and just get on with it if you're going to do it...?  You know, this is quite serious stuff, see the girl with the abscess? That could happen to any of us at any time. 

So many people on here asking the same stuff day after day when a simple search will answer 99% of the questions you're asking. 

50/50?? i hear people have been pinning for 7 years with 0 issues. Im doing it in my glute btw.

But still, im just curious.

What has the girl with the abscess got to do with this?

12 minutes ago, Crackerman said:

50/50 you will or you won't. 

Look, stop asking so many of the same questions and just get on with it if you're going to do it...?  You know, this is quite serious stuff, see the girl with the abscess? That could happen to any of us at any time. 

So many people on here asking the same stuff day after day when a simple search will answer 99% of the questions you're asking. 

15 minutes ago, Andrew1990 said:

50/50?? i hear people have been pinning for 7 years with 0 issues. Im doing it in my glute btw.

But still, im just curious.

What has the girl with the abscess got to do with this?

I've been pinning 2 years  with no issues, but I could jab tomorrow and get an abscess? What don't you understand? 

3 hours ago, Andrew1990 said:

I have seen people say that you should aspirate when doing my test e glute shot.

Do i need to do this?

What are the chances of hitting a vein?

Like out of 100

Less than 0.1 in 100 would be a conservative guesstimate.

There are very few veins in the upper outer quadrant of the glute and they are deep, that's why it is used for IM injections.

You will however hit capillaries but this isn't an issue.

The NHS no longer recommend aspiration for steroid injections.  Even if you did hit a vein it would not be a problem. Aspiration is only recommended for drugs that are harmful if injected IV.

I always aspirate, just part of the shot process to me now, I went for a couple of years without ever drawing blood, then had a weird few months where almost every fkin shot drew proper vein blood that filled the needle, was getting sick of my life having to pin twice for one shot, then as quickly as it appeared it stopped and never done it again since, no idea