Sign in to follow this  
Super -ingh

To Gear or not to Gear? Teniis elbow

So after the last couple of years whereby training has been a constant on /off, I randomly developed 'golfers elbow' (I think) when the inside of the elbow creeping onto the bicep was killing me when training, especially doing bicep curls.

Been back in gym on the reg and suddenly it goes away and has now switched and developed into Tennis elbow which is leaving me in massive pain on my push routine, particularly down the forearm.

I'm due to go back to my osteopath who's back at the end of Jan but in the meantime I can get through the workout even though the pain is pretty intense, it somewhat eases a little the more sets I blast thru sometimes oddly enough - but training shoulders like side/front raises are very painful whereas benching hurts less.

I wanted to jump onto a 6 week cutting course I as I have a vial and a half of one rip (240mg) and enough orals to do 20mg winny and 50mg anavar per day then my stash is finished gear wise, I'm due to go on holiday in 8 weeks

I never had joint issues with the winny before but i'm worried it will make it worse or the strength increase from the gear is going to make it much worse (strength gain faster than the inflammation can handle?)

so opinions on whether

1)  I sack off the gear and cut naturally and wait for the osteo to come back to look at more depth?
2) buy an elbow sleeve and just go for it considering I will finish whatever gear I have left over and look a bit more mint for my hols and address the issue properly when I'm back?

Thanks 

18 hours ago, sean m said:

I wouldn't risk doing permanent damage or tearing the tendon by rapidly increasing the weight used. 

yeh i might just leave it then, absolute nightmare this tennis elbow

yeh can still bench and i dont really squueze on the bar when i grip it, and i can OHP, just get a slight niggle on my rotator cuff but its fine.

TBH i can substitute some machine for free weights which really give the problem when im having to really grip the weight

20 hours ago, Super -ingh said:

So after the last couple of years whereby training has been a constant on /off, I randomly developed 'golfers elbow' (I think) when the inside of the elbow creeping onto the bicep was killing me when training, especially doing bicep curls.

Been back in gym on the reg and suddenly it goes away and has now switched and developed into Tennis elbow which is leaving me in massive pain on my push routine, particularly down the forearm.

I'm due to go back to my osteopath who's back at the end of Jan but in the meantime I can get through the workout even though the pain is pretty intense, it somewhat eases a little the more sets I blast thru sometimes oddly enough - but training shoulders like side/front raises are very painful whereas benching hurts less.

I wanted to jump onto a 6 week cutting course I as I have a vial and a half of one rip (240mg) and enough orals to do 20mg winny and 50mg anavar per day then my stash is finished gear wise, I'm due to go on holiday in 8 weeks

I never had joint issues with the winny before but i'm worried it will make it worse or the strength increase from the gear is going to make it much worse (strength gain faster than the inflammation can handle?)

so opinions on whether

1)  I sack off the gear and cut naturally and wait for the osteo to come back to look at more depth?
2) buy an elbow sleeve and just go for it considering I will finish whatever gear I have left over and look a bit more mint for my hols and address the issue properly when I'm back?

Thanks 

I have the same issues. I'm just soldiering on. I'm taking test and tren. But that's just me and im considering deca as alot of people have said it's helped with their joints etc. Have a look at my  new thread in AAS section ( deca and joint ).

I am considering seeing an osteopath, physio or a chiropractor  for my similar issues. But unsure who to use.  It looks like you've had some experience with an osteopath. What have they done with you? And do you think it's helped? How much have you paid towards it?

44 minutes ago, Lovelyjubly said:

I have the same issues. I'm just soldiering on. I'm taking test and tren. But that's just me and im considering deca as alot of people have said it's helped with their joints etc. Have a look at my  new thread in AAS section ( deca and joint ).

I am considering seeing an osteopath, physio or a chiropractor  for my similar issues. But unsure who to use.  It looks like you've had some experience with an osteopath. What have they done with you? And do you think it's helped? How much have you paid towards it?

Most of these professionals you go to will ask you at initial appointment if you’re a dirty roider or juiced up. Not in those words but that’s the lingo we use for us filfee junkie needle injectors.

This way they can determine how much sympathy (or not more likely) they’ll have on you for taking short cuts to achieve your goal physique (which will never happen due to your BDD/s**t diet/lack of cardio/overuse of tren to compensate all the previous lol). 

No, they’ll need to know as it helps them develop ideas of how to treat your Injury. If it’s from lifting light weights to build useless big muscles then they’ll just laugh at you. I would. 

Poor ideas - Use deca as that’s what loads of other roiders use/say as they ‘hear’ it helps joints. Don’t rest when injury calls as that’s training smart. 

Don’t use a chiropractor for tennis elbow, go to a physio/sports therapist instead. 

1 hour ago, Crackerman said:

Is Golfers elbow similar to w**kers cramp? 

Asking for a friend. 

if I get on the gear again I will knocking a few out more often so if it comes back I will say it is lol

1 hour ago, PSevens2017 said:

Most of these professionals you go to will ask you at initial appointment if you’re a dirty roider or juiced up. Not in those words but that’s the lingo we use for us filfee junkie needle injectors.

This way they can determine how much sympathy (or not more likely) they’ll have on you for taking short cuts to achieve your goal physique (which will never happen due to your BDD/s**t diet/lack of cardio/overuse of tren to compensate all the previous lol). 

No, they’ll need to know as it helps them develop ideas of how to treat your Injury. If it’s from lifting light weights to build useless big muscles then they’ll just laugh at you. I would. 

Poor ideas - Use deca as that’s what loads of other roiders use/say as they ‘hear’ it helps joints. Don’t rest when injury calls as that’s training smart. 

Don’t use a chiropractor for tennis elbow, go to a physio/sports therapist instead. 

I have seen some old threads on ur condition, prob the same, sitting at a computer all day with that bloody mouse which has caused it. I think I'm gna trial this week with exercises which have the least emphasis on my forearm  (grips, exercises etc...) see how that's goes, if it doesn't work I'm gna allow the weights and get it looked at properly

the osteopath I found

2 hours ago, Lovelyjubly said:

the osteopath I found got rid of my rotator cuff. I ended up with some crazy pain in my neck which went down to my shoulder, then my arm, and that again came outta nowhere doing nothing.

he was like it stems from the rotator cuff and he managed to sort it within 6 sessions (going every week and doing the exercises he recommended on most days)  to the point I had no pain shoulder pressing again

stupidly I stopped going and then everything came back and he is confident on the tennis elbow issue so gna give him a try if it doesn't work I'm gna go with the sport therapist.

Osteos are a mix of a chiropractor &  a masseuse and sessions are for around 30 mins. he charges I think 40quid if you get 6 sessions upfront.

I think for the sake of 6 more weeks I'm gna just soldier on and look my best for the hols, then its looking to sort the problem out lol

1 hour ago, Super -ingh said:

I have seen some old threads on ur condition, prob the same, sitting at a computer all day with that bloody mouse which has caused it. I think I'm gna trial this week with exercises which have the least emphasis on my forearm  (grips, exercises etc...) see how that's goes, if it doesn't work I'm gna allow the weights and get it looked at properly

Thing is, I had cortisone injection and I can honestly say that the day after I had it it felt a whole body orgasm as I was pain free. Honestly, it was such a great feeling. Exactly 3 months after pain came back. It was the increase use of a mouse at work. 

I left that job a month later. Nowhere near as much mouse use and elbow healed. 

I don’t do barbell/dumbbell/seated dumbbell curls as they irritate my lateral epicondyle. 

Try this:

https://www.csp.org.uk/public-patient/rehabilitation-exercises/tennis-elbow

Edit: Just to add, people get very frustrated with rehab, that’s why most sack it off. It’s boring, it’s not calorie burning nor 1 rep max/PB achieving. It’s rehab... slow & specific. 

I’m not advocating having cortisone but maybe step back and assess all options, which includes laying off certain movements/weights/reps. It’s not the end of the world. 

Edited by PSevens2017
I wanted to tickle my bottom so remembered things when doing so