Sign in to follow this  
Jakemaguire

A boring log by a forgotten relic

I got lazy with logging, mainly due to having nothing cool to show off the past few years have been pretty stale one issue after the other slowing me down or derailing progress completely.

I spent some time getting bigger and working out niggling issues I'm still having a few but I'm able to work... I have switched my training up I needed something I could work high intensity with recovery so I begrudgingly starting learning about the conjugate system and to my surprise I'm actually enjoying it. My new log wont be massively detailed I'm going to post weekly/bi weekly videos with some of the main sets from my training, I start week 6 today heres last weeks training footage 

Okay so I had a bit of a disaster in the week, I started my blast with a blend of test e and npp the ratio is 200/150 per ml its potent I used it in a 6 week blast towards Christmas and gained nicely but when I pinned last Monday after squats I hit a large blood vessel and almost coughed to death, the swelling and pip that followed where pretty f**ked I also got hit with gear flu. Dynamic upper from Thursday wasn't the best due to feeling s**t and dynamic lower on Friday just pretty much didn't happen due to glute pain

On 1/26/2020 at 11:15 PM, Jakemaguire said:

Didn't record my Thursday upper  session but heres some bits from friday

Hey Jake 

you feel good mornings are worth insisting on ? 
had completely left them out for a while , will have to include them at least once a week x

13 hours ago, anna1 said:

Hey Jake 

you feel good mornings are worth insisting on ? 
had completely left them out for a while , will have to include them at least once a week x

In really enjoying the suspended variation it will help me build my lockout power for the squat and deadlift 

So I've been a bit worse for wear the past 5 or 6 weeks with a nasty cough and finally caved and went to the doctors and it wasn't a normal cough its bronchitis so I'm having to rest while the antibiotics do what they need to do, the last week or two I'd gotten considerably worse breathing was horrific and sleep heavily disturbed and I was coughing so hard it was literally making me dizzy. Maybe I'll see some improvement in the gym when my immune system isn't busy fighting a chest infection lol

2 hours ago, Jakemaguire said:

So I've been a bit worse for wear the past 5 or 6 weeks with a nasty cough and finally caved and went to the doctors and it wasn't a normal cough its bronchitis so I'm having to rest while the antibiotics do what they need to do, the last week or two I'd gotten considerably worse breathing was horrific and sleep heavily disturbed and I was coughing so hard it was literally making me dizzy. Maybe I'll see some improvement in the gym when my immune system isn't busy fighting a chest infection lol

I'd look into the type of antibiotic you've been prescribed as certain ones can degrade connective tissue integrity pretty severely. 

there's been studies showing a huge increase in Achilles tendon ruptures in athletes using a certain kind of antibiotic

On 03/02/2020 at 4:35 PM, swole troll said:

I'd look into the type of antibiotic you've been prescribed as certain ones can degrade connective tissue integrity pretty severely. 

there's been studies showing a huge increase in Achilles tendon ruptures in athletes using a certain kind of antibiotic

Will look into this, hopefully the npp helps haha

On 03/02/2020 at 1:50 PM, Jakemaguire said:

I think I actually had the rona looking back at this

So I've been training for a few weeks now in a secret location, full equipped pl/facility paying out the arse in fuel and gym entry but its worth it. Worked back up to a 220kg ssb box squat and 160kg bench this week, next 2 sessions will be dynamic work 

Getting back into the full swing of conjugate now the max effort movements for the next 2-3 weeks are ssb box squat with chains I worked up to 195kg bar weight with 40kg of chain for a single on Monday and upper movement is floor press I squeezed out a nice 150kg single only 5kg lower than pre lockdown and 10kg off all time best

Bodyweight is 99.5kg this is my 5th week back in training 

Floor press pb today 165kg  that's a 15kg increase in a week, I've been eating like crazy and resting plenty, monday I hit a ssb box squat of 217kg only 3kg under my pb but I also had chains on the bar so that's a pb too! 

Pulls from 3 inch blocks today 225kg bar weight 36kg of chain roughly 255kg at lock out it was f**k slow but it was clean and the heaviest weight I've ever stood with so I'm happy