ShellyH

Advice on Abscess please

5 hours ago, ShellyH said:

Regarding competing, i was hoping to be on a PCA show that i have done before in April, but that is not possible now.  I am likely to be missing the gym for the next couple of months :(

Don't worry, that's nothing. Success in this game is measured in years as im sure you know. A kick to the teeth but your health must always come first. Every single pro that's appeared on a stage at some point have went through set-backs, unfortunately its all a part of life.

Best of luck to you in the future. 

26 minutes ago, ShellyH said:

This made me feel terrible. I’m so sorry I have upset you Devil. 

The lab is called Crown Pharma.

i have never used before.  Sorry for withholding the Lab information, I just wasn’t sure on the ruling here. 

IMO you did the right thing by naming the lab, but also checking first.

From everything I've been told, impurities in the oils is the single most common reason for an abscess which is why @Devil was so insistent the lab be named. Although a slightly friendlier tone might have been more appropriate. 

A few months out of the gym is a lucky escape in the grand scheme of things. We all experience those times away from the gym due injuries, life, etc. Make sure you recover properly and come back stronger. I'm glad to see it's looking like a positive outcome for you.

35 minutes ago, ShellyH said:

This made me feel terrible. I’m so sorry I have upset you Devil. 

The lab is called Crown Pharma.

i have never used before.  Sorry for withholding the Lab information, I just wasn’t sure on the ruling here. 

Thank you. Indeed as expected an unknown non-reputable lab, that I’ve personally never heard of. I’d only stick to ones that have hundreds of Reviews across boards (despite the fact they can be pushed), and never from FB.

Best of luck getting better.

11 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

From everything I've been told, impurities in the oils is the single most common reason for an abscess which is why @Devil was so insistent the lab be named. Although a slightly friendlier tone might have been more appropriate. 

Friendlier tones failed, 4 times in the thread alone already. 

Results > being nice.

2 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

IMO you did the right thing by naming the lab, but also checking first.

A few months out of the gym is a lucky escape in the grand scheme of things. We all experience those times away from the gym due injuries, life, etc. Make sure you recover properly and come back stronger. I'm glad to see it's looking like a positive outcome for you.

an impurity will cause a sterile abscess, usually.  if the gear has microbes, usually yeast spores, it can cause an infection once the BA leaches away. the BA only prevents growth, doesn't kill the microbe.

most UGLs are going to have trace amounts of microbes usually as they aren't brewing in clean rooms or getting legit sterile vials and stoppers. the amount of microbes are so trace tho, that your body deals with them easily. the times when someone gets a full blown abscess are usually when its "bath tub brewed" and not even filtered.

we as a community in the UK need the equivalent of anabolic lab for UK gear. really need to know which of the big UGLs are actually brewing responsibly and not just money grabbing.

Just for the record, what could have been done early stages of the pain? Would she have always had to go to hospital or could she have helped prevent it get worst say a day or two after injection and not left it for 6 days? Or was the hospital the only cure

34 minutes ago, Dannylets said:

Just for the record, what could have been done early stages of the pain? Would she have always had to go to hospital or could she have helped prevent it get worst say a day or two after injection and not left it for 6 days? Or was the hospital the only cure

She could have visited the GP and been prescribed a course of antibiotics relevant to her level of infection 

I state this because going off and taking any old antibiotics at a dosing schedule you read online isn't the wisest course of action for those that don't know what they're doing 

Hell they've even got adverts on tv about misusing antibiotics

Pharmaceutical companies just arnt interested in investing time and money into a drug that you might only use for a few months of your life vs say an SSRI where you're a life long customer in most cases

With this in mind you really want all avenues of antibiotics to be open and effective for you.

13 hours ago, Lowkii said:

Thanks for naming the lab.. It's so important we know it's name I can't even begin to express. Please get well soon.

I do get the importance, I would hate for someone else to go through the same, I guess there was a part of me thinking it could be possible I did something wrong with the injection rather than the unsterile oil I injected but I have thought about this long and hard, and honestly, I’m quite strict and consistent with the practices I take. (Nursing background) and having done this many times in the past, it has to be the oil I injected.

I got my first glimpse of the wound yesterday, really upsetting to look at. It looks huge :(

I am going to be left with scar tissue.  On the plus side I haven’t had any more puss removed, it’s just being packed daily and cleaned.

i am still on the IV antibiotics, and I’m getting frequent visitors. I’m in good spirits, it could have been much worse,  x

2 hours ago, ShellyH said:

I do get the importance, I would hate for someone else to go through the same, I guess there was a part of me thinking it could be possible I did something wrong with the injection rather than the unsterile oil I injected but I have thought about this long and hard, and honestly, I’m quite strict and consistent with the practices I take. (Nursing background) and having done this many times in the past, it has to be the oil I injected.

I got my first glimpse of the wound yesterday, really upsetting to look at. It looks huge :(

I am going to be left with scar tissue.  On the plus side I haven’t had any more puss removed, it’s just being packed daily and cleaned.

i am still on the IV antibiotics, and I’m getting frequent visitors. I’m in good spirits, it could have been much worse,  x

Trust me, I understand what you're going through and there is light at the end of the tunnel. I've had an abcess before (not related to steroids) it was located in a very delicate place. Between my testicles and bumhole, or if you like "the gooch". I don't talk to many people about it just because having to explain where it was located is difficult enough.. It was growing up and inside my anal, and it was all because of shaving would you believe it? lol. Doctor said if I left it any longer I would have got septicemia. My white blood cell's where extremely high by the time I arrived in hosptial. It was an ingrown hair that got infected. Being a place where bacteria will be high it was stupid for me to start shaving there. Took a good couple of months for me to heal through daily doctor vists and having the wound packed and cleaned... I also had a "drip" placed into the wound which helped to drain it further, after 3 months I went back into hosptial to have it removed. 4 years later I'm still fine.

48 minutes ago, Lowkii said:

Trust me, I understand what you're going through and there is light at the end of the tunnel. I've had an abcess before (not related to steroids) it was located in a very delicate place. Between my testicles and bumhole, or if you like "the gooch". I don't talk to many people about it just because having to explain where it was located is difficult enough.. It was growing up and inside my anal, and it was all because of shaving would you believe it? lol. Doctor said if I left it any longer I would have got septicemia. My white blood cell's where extremely high by the time I arrived in hosptial. It was an ingrown hair that got infected. Being a place where bacteria will be high it was stupid for me to start shaving there. Took a good couple of months for me to heal through daily doctor vists and having the wound packed and cleaned... I also had a "drip" placed into the wound which helped to drain it further, after 3 months I went back into hosptial to have it removed. 4 years later I'm still fine.

Bloody'ell :(

24 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

Bloody'ell :(

I know.... lol. Doctor said it was 6CM in length and was one of the biggest abscess he's ever seen. Imagine trying to poo pieces of glass out, because that's what it felt like when I went to the toilet. When i was in the hospital it was that bad I ended up going to the toilet over 19 times in the space of day because it made me feel like I constantly needed a poo kinder like how piles would feel, but 100 times worse... In the end all I was poo'ing out was blood. All this because of shaving.. I've since made the descion that it's probably better to have an hairy a$$hole then go through that again.

4 hours ago, ShellyH said:

Glad you're on the mend. 

What did your parents say? 

I don't know if you will use gear again if you do try an get it from someone  you know some  gym owners  will sell or know someone or if you go abroad  some country sell over the counter  as far as I know Turkey sells primo anyway all the best what ever you decide 

Sorry to hear that you've ended up with such a serious infection. In truth it could happen to any of us at any point no matter how careful you are.

I wish you all the best with your recovery. Take care.