ShellyH

Advice on Abscess please

37 minutes ago, ShellyH said:

Can i just thank everyone on this forum for pushing me into the Hospital.  I have been told my a Doctor here that any more delay could have cost me my life, and im still not in the clear yet..

I am going in for urgent surgery.  I am expecting to go in shortly.  I will have to be put under a general anesthetic, (this scares me...)  

I have a badly infected Abscess that needs cutting open and draining.  I have always had a fear of going under anesthetic and have managed to avoid it for 3 decades, sadly avoid i can no longer do.

Guys, i did everything that i normally do. I showered before the injection, i use alcohol swabs on the injection site, i use a brand new Green Needle to draw up the oil and i use a Blue needle to inject.  I have never had a problem before.  facebook really did fu** me up. :(

Thank you so much Guys, i am still unclear on what to expect after the operation, tbh i am just concentrating on one step at a time.  I guess i will not be competing this year either :(

Shelly x

hospital.jpg

Hope it all goes well with the procedure. You’re in the best place to look after you. You will be fine :thumbup1:

Plenty of time to compete, just get that ass back in shape. I'd say you had a close call but least it's getting dealt with sooner than later. 

......we need to see 'after pics' aswell so we can advise further, all angles required including 'upskirt'.....standard Ukm procedure :D

Good luck :thumbup1:

22 hours ago, godsgifttoearth said:

go to a&e. day you went to a massage and wellness studio. you got a massage and a vitimin b12 shot. the shot has since swollen.

if that's an infected absess you could lose your entire glute or die. oral anti biotics won't do much but maybe stave off a risk of sepsis

Alright mate, a while ago i got some advice like this, surely if its serious you cant start lying about what you've injection?

1 hour ago, PSevens2017 said:

Hope it all goes well with the procedure. You’re in the best place to look after you. You will be fine :thumbup1:

Holey s**t! I expected you to say it improved with anti-inflammatory meds! I feel for you, no doubt it will put you off injecting again, iv havent run into any major problems like this since i started using about a year ago, if and when it happens no doubt il also be contemplating not doing it. Hate doing glutes, so awkward todo, i actually done glute today for the first time in about 6 months luckily i finished it just before i read this, lol.

15 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

Plenty of time to compete, just get that ass back in shape. I'd say you had a close call but least it's getting dealt with sooner than later. 

......we need to see 'after pics' aswell so we can advise further, all angles required including 'upskirt'.....standard Ukm procedure :D

Good luck :thumbup1:

I agree?

You still haven't told us what lab you was using... It's imperative that the forum knows what this lab is.

As for what happens next, they will either put a drip into the wound after they've cut it open so it can drain all the sh*t in there which will take a couple of months... After you may have to have second operation to remove the drip. Secondly, you will probably have to make daily doctor visits to have it packed with some type of weed so it heals from the inside up.

2 hours ago, Dannylets said:

Alright mate, a while ago i got some advice like this, surely if its serious you cant start lying about what you've injection?

they're obligated to treat you regardless. how are you to know what you've injected or been injected with? you're admitting that a substance has been injected by what you thought was a qualified person.  what you thought was roids could just be unsterile supermarket olive oil. the actual b12 you bought is just tap water.

it's changing some of the details but not admitting liability. if you're not under any insurance policies then tell the truth. if you are, they will ask for your medical records in the event of a claim. for example, you lose a leg because of gangrene caused by the dirty gear. you admitted in hospital you have self administered bootleg medicine without prescription or medical supervision. they turn around and say sorry, this policy is now void. now you can't claim for when you can't work or if you're a builder or something by trade, can no longer work as you did.

this isn't something people often consider until it f**ks them.

2 hours ago, Dannylets said:

Holey s**t! I expected you to say it improved with anti-inflammatory meds! I feel for you, no doubt it will put you off injecting again, iv havent run into any major problems like this since i started using about a year ago, if and when it happens no doubt il also be contemplating not doing it. Hate doing glutes, so awkward todo, i actually done glute today for the first time in about 6 months luckily i finished it just before i read this, lol.

Why? 

5 minutes ago, godsgifttoearth said:

they're obligated to treat you regardless. how are you to know what you've injected or been injected with? you're admitting that a substance has been injected by what you thought was a qualified person.  what you thought was roids could just be unsterile supermarket olive oil. the actual b12 you bought is just tap water.

it's changing some of the details but not admitting liability. if you're not under any insurance policies then tell the truth. if you are, they will ask for your medical records in the event of a claim. for example, you lose a leg because of gangrene caused by the dirty gear. you admitted in hospital you have self administered bootleg medicine without prescription or medical supervision. they turn around and say sorry, this policy is now void. now you can't claim for when you can't work or if you're a builder or something by trade, can no longer work as you did.

Are you American? Obliged 

Sorry, grammar police alert lol

2 hours ago, godsgifttoearth said:

Good point and agreed for insurance purposes.

Can they not find out what was injected. Or do they not care? As long as their clearing the infection out ?

3 hours ago, godsgifttoearth said:

Fair enough, not sure what the insurance milarky is about but in uk if your injured you are seen in hospital regardless of money.

update.

Came out of Surgery late last night.  Settled on the ward. I am on a permanent drip as they are giving me antibiotics by IV

Surgeon  told me that the Bacteria infection was deep and they had to take out over 200ml of Puss from my wound and it will possibly need draining again. They have left the wound open because it will heal better apparently, i haven't seen it yet.  Mum and Dad are coming up to visit me this morning, so ill get my first glimpse.

I can't walk and won't be walking for another day or 2 and i have also been told that i may not be allowed home until the weekend :(

Regarding competing, i was hoping to be on a PCA show that i have done before in April, but that is not possible now.  I am likely to be missing the gym for the next couple of months :(

I am absolutely devastated guys. I have had a few guys ask me which lab it was that i purchased, and whilst i do understand the reasoning behind the request, unless one of the moderators thinks that the correct action i wont be revealing. 

The repercussions of this have been incredible.  Health, Work , child care, family etc etc,  I know it could have been far worse, but it could have been far better too.   Iv'e deleted facebook lol..  :(

Sorry i can't reply to every message individually, but i do thank everyone of you for the messages of support.  Lovely group of guys xx

Im really sorry to hear about what you have been through, really sucks.. Hope you get well very soon.

Must heal first then there will be time for competition.

I hope a Mod get soon here regarding the Lab you used, i dont think theres a problem posting the Labs name since its for safety purposes of the members of the forum.

3 hours ago, ShellyH said:

update.

Came out of Surgery late last night.  Settled on the ward. I am on a permanent drip as they are giving me antibiotics by IV

Surgeon  told me that the Bacteria infection was deep and they had to take out over 200ml of Puss from my wound and it will possibly need draining again. They have left the wound open because it will heal better apparently, i haven't seen it yet.  Mum and Dad are coming up to visit me this morning, so ill get my first glimpse.

I can't walk and won't be walking for another day or 2 and i have also been told that i may not be allowed home until the weekend :(

Regarding competing, i was hoping to be on a PCA show that i have done before in April, but that is not possible now.  I am likely to be missing the gym for the next couple of months :(

I am absolutely devastated guys. I have had a few guys ask me which lab it was that i purchased, and whilst i do understand the reasoning behind the request, unless one of the moderators thinks that the correct action i wont be revealing. 

The repercussions of this have been incredible.  Health, Work , child care, family etc etc,  I know it could have been far worse, but it could have been far better too.   Iv'e deleted facebook lol..  :(

Sorry i can't reply to every message individually, but i do thank everyone of you for the messages of support.  Lovely group of guys xx

Hope you feel and get better . You seem like a nice person. 

4 hours ago, ShellyH said:

So you’ll gladly take the help all the members quickly gave which indeed saved your leg, and possibly your actual life

But won’t type out/share the name of what put you there (whilst in your hospital bed grateful), to avoid those very same members potentially suffering the same way. 

Woman...seriously...I have absolutely no sympathy for you. 

5 hours ago, ShellyH said:

whether you share the lab potentially responsible for your abscess or not is entirely up to you 

you can mention the lab just not the price you paid or where exactly you purchased it from (web address, facebook group name, the person's name ect) 

sounds like you got off lightly, there was a poster on this forum a few years back who lost a large chunk of his glute due to a bad shot / lab.

1 hour ago, Devil said:

So you’ll gladly take the help all the members quickly gave which indeed saved your leg, and possibly your actual life

But won’t type out/share the name of what put you there (whilst in your hospital bed grateful), to avoid those very same members potentially suffering the same way. 

Woman...seriously...I have absolutely no sympathy for you. 

This made me feel terrible. I’m so sorry I have upset you Devil. 

26 minutes ago, swole troll said:

whether you share the lab potentially responsible for your abscess or not is entirely up to you 

you can mention the lab just not the price you paid or where exactly you purchased it from (web address, facebook group name, the person's name ect) 

sounds like you got off lightly, there was a poster on this forum a few years back who lost a large chunk of his glute due to a bad shot / lab.

The lab is called Crown Pharma.

i have never used before.  Sorry for withholding the Lab information, I just wasn’t sure on the ruling here.