ShellyH

Advice on Abscess please

Hey Guys,

Purchased some steroids from a contact on facebook, (i know, i know, doh...)  and i'm now starting to worry and could do with some advice please from someone.

I have attached a pic of the area.  

Yes i have used steroids before, i usually do a little primo cycle, this time i opted for some testosterone involvement.   I injected into buttock on Monday, and the next day, did get some soreness but just thought it was down to not injecting since last cycle over a year previously.  as each day has gone on, the area  has got worse. i keep hoping to wake up and find the problem going.  Its now sunday, a whole 6 days later, and now i'm in lots of pain. I can't even sit down, my butt is twice the size of the other one, very hot to touch, last night i didn't sleep because i had cold sweats and chills all night. 

I really don't want to go to the hospital because my family do not know i use steroids, but likewise i am obviously now getting concerned.  I have started some antibiotics today that forum member Lisa gave me, (it was Lisa that advised me to join here and get your guys expert advice.)  How long before the antibiotics will take effect please?  Should i be worried?  Sorry for what seems obvious questions to some guys, i am just little bit frightened at the moment.  x

Go to hospital.

Yea you could deal with this at home if you know what you’re doing and have help... But you don’t.

Chaulk it up to a life lesson. Happens to all of us.

Be honest with them and they will help you.

Looks like you’ve jabbing in the wrong place there aswell mate, I always go too right of the glute and top left on left side, looks like it’s bang in the centre of ya cheek! Would defo get that checked looks like infection... 

33 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I would suggest go to A&E and get it checked out.

6 days later if you are still in a lot of pain, and have heavy swelling that’s not a great sign. 

Was hoping you wouldnt say that, but starting to think thats probably the best call of action.  :(

28 minutes ago, Bensif said:

Go to hospital.

Yea you could deal with this at home if you know what you’re doing and have help... But you don’t.

Chaulk it up to a life lesson. Happens to all of us.

Be honest with them and they will help you.

I may have to do just that, Im more frightened of the family finding out than the infection! I will see how it is in the morning and go from there, thank you x

6 minutes ago, Drew1988 said:

Looks like you’ve jabbing in the wrong place there aswell mate, I always go too right of the glute and top left on left side, looks like it’s bang in the centre of ya cheek! Would defo get that checked looks like infection... 

I know it does look that way, but the infection has spread across to my cheek. I did inject in the top quarter.  thank you for your advice. x

go to a&e. day you went to a massage and wellness studio. you got a massage and a vitimin b12 shot. the shot has since swollen.

if that's an infected absess you could lose your entire glute or die. oral anti biotics won't do much but maybe stave off a risk of sepsis

9 minutes ago, godsgifttoearth said:

go to a&e. day you went to a massage and wellness studio. you got a massage and a vitimin b12 shot. the shot has since swollen.

if that's an infected absess you could lose your entire glute or die. oral anti biotics won't do much but maybe stave off a risk of sepsis

Why would he lie to them? The doctor is probably the only person you should always be 100% honest with

To echo the above you're in over your head 

Forget this self admin antibiotics and tell them at a&e absolutely everything you've done inc the antibiotics dosing and how far into the course you are.

Losing half your glute or worse is a very real risk if this isn't sorted asap

Looks like you injected too far round your ass shelly. Looks like you've ruined a nice peachy bum whilst you was at it but it does look infected. 

Defo need a trip to the hospital though, dont take any chances 

1 hour ago, norwegianhammer said:

Why would he lie to them? The doctor is probably the only person you should always be 100% honest with

unless you have any insurance policy, life or mortgage that is otherwise voided by the use of any sort of self administered drugs.

12 minutes ago, godsgifttoearth said:

unless you have any insurance policy, life or mortgage that is otherwise voided by the use of any sort of self administered drugs.

What mortgage is voided if you take drugs? Or did you mean something else

2 hours ago, ShellyH said:

Was hoping you wouldnt say that, but starting to think thats probably the best call of action.  :(

I get it’s not the answer you were probably hoping for. But I think unanimously everyone on here thinks it’s the best thing to do. 

I would suggest go to A&E tonight. Probably be quite quiet on a Sunday night so should get seen pretty quickly. 

Keep us updated on how you get on. There is a lot of knowledgeable guys on this forum who can give support/advice. 

Best of luck. 

That’s not good at all. Oral  Anti biotics can only do so much once infection has set in, which yours looks like it already has

To be blunt, don’t f**k around, that needs attention right now, not tomorrow morning 

Guys thanks so much for all your advice, i went to bed quite worried about this. I have been up all night, the sweats, chills, fever, i really am quite poorly. 

I have had to tell my parents. We are going to the Hospital shortly. I feel absolutely terrible, Thank you for all your help.  I will check in with you when i get home later.  much love xx

At this point, the infection has already set-in. The antibitoics arern't going to do much.. I know because I've had an abscess before (Not Steroid Related) and left it to long..

That a$$ is going to get sliced clean open...  Then you'll spend the next 3 months going to Doctors everyday having to have it packed... Lesson here? Don't buy facebook gear next time. These people on facebook selling gear don't give a sh*t about your health.

I had an abscess that looked very similar to this back in April 2019 on my left glute, I went to the doctors after about a week or so of high dose ibuprofen not doing anything and it was starting to leak fluid through my boxers and my jeans...  gross I know, and they confirmed it was infected and if it wasn’t drained it would potentially poison my blood, my sister is a fully qualified nurse at a surgery however so every night along with taking ibuprofen I’d head round her house she would take of the old bandage cut a hole in the abscess and physically squeeze all the Fluid out then she’d re-bandage it, I was doing this for around 1 and half weeks till things finally got better and a year later my glute is fine confirmed by doctors and I’ve been back injecting it during my cycles ever since.

hope this helps 

Can i just thank everyone on this forum for pushing me into the Hospital.  I have been told my a Doctor here that any more delay could have cost me my life, and im still not in the clear yet..

I am going in for urgent surgery.  I am expecting to go in shortly.  I will have to be put under a general anesthetic, (this scares me...)  

I have a badly infected Abscess that needs cutting open and draining.  I have always had a fear of going under anesthetic and have managed to avoid it for 3 decades, sadly avoid i can no longer do.

Guys, i did everything that i normally do. I showered before the injection, i use alcohol swabs on the injection site, i use a brand new Green Needle to draw up the oil and i use a Blue needle to inject.  I have never had a problem before.  facebook really did fu** me up. :(

Thank you so much Guys, i am still unclear on what to expect after the operation, tbh i am just concentrating on one step at a time.  I guess i will not be competing this year either :(

Shelly x

hospital.jpg