Sign in to follow this  
Jackoffblades

The difference between natural and enhanced

Come on guys what’s the real difference between someone who does take steroids and someone who doesn’t. Iv seen them time and time again in the gym people that talk openly about or bragging about taking loads of steroids and in my opinion I’m thinking wow for what you look as light as a feather and you can’t lift anything much. I truly believe it’s all about genetics. Genetics is EVERYTHING in weights and you can’t get around it no matter how hard you try or what you do. What are your thoughts ?

I think everybody responds different. Look at the Rock, very few people no matter what they do will get anywhere near his level. I would say steroids give you a massive advantage but how you respond to them and how well you respond to lifting is down to genetics.

Massive difference, IF the person using gear eats properly, trains properly and sleeps properly

I know lads who jab more than me but don't eat or train and are about 9st wet

Good or bad genetics if you do everything right, with gear you'll get a lot bigger than without, if you don't then gear's not gonna do sh*t

Totally agree with Monkeybiker. There aren’t many with the base that people like the rock have. At the end of the day if everything is in order (diet/training) drugs can make a massive difference but there are far too many people not getting the most out of them due to laziness 

take two identical twins weighing the same with the same body fat percentage only one is on steroids, the enhanced will look 'better' (more full, dry, hard, vascular ect) 

secondly you can train for 10 years smart and you'll be at a point where every ounce of muscle comes at a snails pace as does kg's on the bar, HUGE point of diminished return, steroids push back your training response almost to your noob gains on a first cycle, they also become a variable that can be increased with calories in order to keep progressing far beyond your natural limit, it's almost like you just started training all over again only you have a large base of muscle and the ability to progress for much longer and faster 

and truth is 10 years is generous, most naturals will be making exponentially less progress for every year past about 5 years of smart training and nutrition. 

So I trained for about 20 years natural. Not hardcore mainly just to keep myself in shape. Then a few years ago I really went for it and - I believe - had training / rest / nutrition pretty much on point. But there came a point when I just wasn't getting any bigger or moving any more weight. Then I did 50mg anavar for a few months and though WHAT THE f**k !!

Way, way, way stronger. Moving weight I had not shifted before. I just wanted to keep training. What's the next exercise ? I didn't want to leave the gym. And I felt fu**ing AMAZING.

Did I get huge over that time ? No. Did I without a doubt change my physique and start to get the kind of look that I wanted ? Yes.

But absolutely genetics play a huge part. I am not a big guy and do not want to be smashing vast quantities of gear to try and get there either. Quite frankly I'd probably look ridiculous.

Downside ? Can't see myself stopping anytime soon - but that kind of personality trait is a different topic altogether.

So yeah it makes a difference - but don't worry you're not gonna transform into Dorian overnight or anything.