dtmiscool

Massage guns

Been looking for a while and range from £40-£400 so wondering if anyone has used one before and how much they paid?

Cant surely be that much difference between the cheap and expensive ones other than reliability? The functions should still be exactly the same?

https://reviber.co.uk/reviber-zen-physio-deep-tissue-massager-with-infrared/

This is the one I've had for near 2yrs and one of the best I've tried. Has some decent weight to it so no need to apply too much pressure but can be a bit awkward in areas when massaging yourself but still doable. I usually get the mrs to run it over my back for 20mins every 2 days or so. 

5 minutes ago, SuperRips said:

https://reviber.co.uk/reviber-zen-physio-deep-tissue-massager-with-infrared/

This is the one I've had for near 2yrs and one of the best I've tried. Has some decent weight to it so no need to apply too much pressure but can be a bit awkward in areas when massaging yourself but still doable. I usually get the mrs to run it over my back for 20mins every 2 days or so. 

Yeah I tried that and thought it was absolutely pants so I sent it back lol 

Done a bit of research and a lot of people seem to be buzzing about this one. Great reviews.:

Wireless Wand Massager, Waterproof Handheld Electric Massager Tool, 20 Vibration Patterns & 8 Speed for Back Neck Shoulder Massage and Relieve Stress & Sports Recovery (Purple) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BCK47WR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_KLmfEbNVHBWFM

13 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Done a bit of research and a lot of people seem to be buzzing about this one. Great reviews.:

Wireless Wand Massager, Waterproof Handheld Electric Massager Tool, 20 Vibration Patterns & 8 Speed for Back Neck Shoulder Massage and Relieve Stress & Sports Recovery (Purple) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BCK47WR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_KLmfEbNVHBWFM

This has @anna1 written all over it :D

Get a Hypervolt copy with 20 speeds & six interchangeable heads. Bliss. I don't care what anyone else thinks, more than paid for itself already...466085D3-E0A6-4FD4-AEC4-0826931A2659.thumb.jpeg.90e39cd75b6ed73d9ba1f6b95c041701.jpeg They continue to come down in price 

On 07/01/2020 at 7:54 PM, hmgs said:

Get a Hypervolt copy with 20 speeds & six interchangeable heads. Bliss. I don't care what anyone else thinks, more than paid for itself already...466085D3-E0A6-4FD4-AEC4-0826931A2659.thumb.jpeg.90e39cd75b6ed73d9ba1f6b95c041701.jpeg They continue to come down in price 

I ordered one off amazon in the end. Cost £49.99 and looks exactly like the hypervolt copy like yours. 20 speed etc.

Just waiting for it to arrive. Decent reviews and much cheaper than paying £200+ on one. Just hope it’ll last lol. 

49 minutes ago, dtmiscool said:

I ordered one off amazon in the end. Cost £49.99 and looks exactly like the hypervolt copy like yours. 20 speed etc.

Just waiting for it to arrive. Decent reviews and much cheaper than paying £200+ on one. Just hope it’ll last lol. 

Please report back mate on your opinion

4 hours ago, swole troll said:

what are these suppose to do?

I've seen them about at PL meets and the odd yt vid but is it just a comfort thing? 

true deep tissue work absolutely kills

I think it vary's mate on the person and how tight you are. I try to keep on top of my pre-hab work on weekly basis, which involves pushing down onto a lacrose with half my weight and digging and flushing around.

First time, yes absolute agony. If I keep on top of it then it's just a very uncomfortable feeling, it's not unbearable. 

16 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

Will not do fcuk all for you from a physiological perspective. Gimmick through and through that people who are not trained in massage can use. 

Hello mate, can you go into more detail at all?

2 hours ago, Cronus said:

Hello mate, can you go into more detail at all?

Different rates of vibration/pressure over areas of body will cause communication between sensors in skin/muscle to feedback to brain. Usually, you go for a massage as muscles feel full of tension. Theyre usually in contraction, therefore, reducing ROM at joint they the muscles are near to/support. 

The ongoing comms of someone massaging/pressure/foam rolling, leads to brain to recognise that the force/rolling is not a threat so tension is reduced as it gives the brain a different perception of the tissue and length. 

Will finish later as at work. 

The theragun saves hands/fingers of therapists and just changes perception of tissue. Massage with blades (tool assisted) IASTM is bollocks as well

3 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

Different rates of vibration/pressure over areas of body will cause communication between sensors in skin/muscle to feedback to brain. Usually, you go for a massage as muscles feel full of tension. Theyre usually in contraction, therefore, reducing ROM at joint they the muscles are near to/support. 

The ongoing comms of someone massaging/pressure/foam rolling, leads to brain to recognise that the force/rolling is not a threat so tension is reduced as it gives the brain a different perception of the tissue and length. 

The theragun saves hands/fingers of therapists and just changes perception of tissue. Massage with blades (tool assisted) IASTM is bollocks as well

Cool would appreciate further input if you have the time? So the massage guns are not helpful? 

2 hours ago, Cronus said:

Cool would appreciate further input if you have the time? So the massage guns are not helpful? 

They will give temporary solutions but not as effective as actual hands on massage.

If someone wants to invest, crack on. I wouldn’t and I work as a sports therapist 

On 07/01/2020 at 7:54 PM, hmgs said:

Hi buddy

Just wanted to say I took your advise and bought one it turned up today from China, it's identical to the hypervolt, of strong contruction and so far I'm more than happy with it. 

UPDATE : 3 days later and there is still 80% battery left in the massager and I've been using it heavily since i bought it, really impressed. 

On 1/13/2020 at 2:05 AM, PSevens2017 said:

Will not do fcuk all for you from a physiological perspective. Gimmick through and through that people who are not trained in massage can use. 

100% to this.

On 07/01/2020 at 6:12 PM, Kazza61 said:

Ha I bought this exact one for a bird last year. It’s fuckin powerful, and starts at the fastest which was always a shock. Battery doesn’t last long though. Just sayin.

On 13/01/2020 at 3:27 PM, PSevens2017 said:

IASTM?