Sign in to follow this  
MV Owner

Boxing Day Lunch drink

Friends,

On Christmas day I will be having a lunch of masses of turkey with no alcohol but on Boxing Day I will again be having masses of turkey but inevitably drink will be involved.

I have cut back on drinking of late (I have only ever had a maxiumum of 10 units a week anyway but since starting to train I havent drunk and  I am just sick of hangovers especially that lathargic washed out feeling.  I would be grateful for thoughts on the drink which will have the least significant dietry / body impact.

On offer will be  Stella Artois, Red Wine or unoaked and light White Wine.  If I was to go for the Stella it would probably be around 5-6 bottles and if it was Wine, probably abour 2/3 to a bottle spread out for lunchtime to around 8pm.

This may seem like a stupid question but I do want to let my hair down a bit on this one special day with family.

Cheers

MV

Yeah, it’s a stupid question (sorry)

Think of it like training. It’s all about total volume. I’d imagine the wine would have more total alcohol volume.

Tell you what, drink both! It’s only one day.

On 24/12/2019 at 8:23 PM, MV Owner said:

Friends,

On Christmas day I will be having a lunch of masses of turkey with no alcohol but on Boxing Day I will again be having masses of turkey but inevitably drink will be involved.

I have cut back on drinking of late (I have only ever had a maxiumum of 10 units a week anyway but since starting to train I havent drunk and  I am just sick of hangovers especially that lathargic washed out feeling.  I would be grateful for thoughts on the drink which will have the least significant dietry / body impact.

On offer will be  Stella Artois, Red Wine or unoaked and light White Wine.  If I was to go for the Stella it would probably be around 5-6 bottles and if it was Wine, probably abour 2/3 to a bottle spread out for lunchtime to around 8pm.

This may seem like a stupid question but I do want to let my hair down a bit on this one special day with family.

Cheers

MV

You need to live a little pal....

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 8:23 PM, MV Owner said:

I would be grateful for thoughts on the drink which will have the least significant dietry / body impact.

I know its too late now, but just for future Wine is the least calorific out of the above listed, also you probably wont drink as much wine as you will beer so all round wine is better IMO.

Spirits are low in cals, have a zero cal mixer with it and you can have a relatively guilt free night/ evening at 125cals for a double of a 40% abv spirit.

Draw backs of alcohol in general.... Water retention and low inhibitions when drunk leading you to could make poor choices around food etc. Also, there's potential to not be active the next day due to hangover, eat even more shite or not enough, maybe.

However, don't major the minors and enjoy a drink if you feel you deserve it.

Thanks San and Endo,

In the end I went for a few glasses of wine which gave me a pretty nasty headache as I hadnt drunk for 3 months or so.  I didnt wake up with a hangover though which was certainly welcome.

Thanks for your contribution Super, really well thought out valid and super intelligent stuff