Sign in to follow this  
Kazza61

World's Strongest Man

Anybody watching the shows on Channel 5 this week? I must say Giants Live and Channel 5 have done a great job of presenting a really polished show. And the size of the UK audiences are incredible. Not so long ago the British finals were taking place in sports halls and car parks to less than 100 people. 

I think Luke Stoltman, despite some understandable bias, is absolutely right that his brother Tom may one day be the best strongman ever. So much potential. And before that Kieliskowski (100% wrong spelling I know!) is a sure fire WSM winner in the next year or two. 

Mateusz Kieliszkowski to win it in the next year or two, you heard it here first!

You're right though he will and has the potential to win it for a few years in a row too. 

Licis is also ticking along quite nicely

42 minutes ago, TALBOTL said:

Licis is also ticking along quite nicely

A bit of an understatement for being the World's Strongest Man? Bit like saying Ronnie Coleman looked like he trained a bit. 

4 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

A bit of an understatement for being the World's Strongest Man? Bit like saying Ronnie Coleman looked like he trained a bit. 

Tongue in cheek sir. 

22 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

Actually, it’s in my post above and his brother said it on telly last night. 

A bit touchy there fella.  I was actually agreeing with you.

Eddie Hall tipped him for the top last November at one of his evening with nights.

1 hour ago, Johno5 said:

A bit touchy there fella.  I was actually agreeing with you.

Not touchy at all. It was just a humorous reply - as noted by the 5 people who reacted to it so far. Sorry you weren’t able to see the funny side.

(Did you see that I had edited your post when I quoted it?).

14 hours ago, boutye911 said:

I don’t think Tom will win WSM. I like him and I hope he proves me wrong but I just don’t see it happening. 

curious what's your reasoning for this?

his deadlift is almost 440kg, he's almost unbeatable on stones, he's fast and athletic which makes him do very well at every moving events

his only weaknesses this year was grip in the hercules hold (which wont be included this coming year as giants live change every year) and his overhead pressing, which has massively improved the last month or so .. the likes of Tom and Kila will be the ones battling it out at the top in my opinion