Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hutchinson

Can we please give the Jocks their referendum.

If Scotland was granted its independence I doubt they would be accepted into Europe. Also what currency would they use because it was made quite clear during the first referendum that they won't be using the British pound.

How will they pay for care homes, medical prescriptions and education fees, all of which we as the taxpayers currently foot the bill for?

8 minutes ago, tiny76 said:

If Scotland was granted its independence I doubt they would be accepted into Europe. Also what currency would they use because it was made quite clear during the first referendum that they won't be using the British pound.

How will they pay for care homes, medical prescriptions and education fees, all of which we as the taxpayers currently foot the bill for?

Agree with all of the above.

34 minutes ago, tiny76 said:

Don’t they pay more tax in Scotland hence why free scripts?

I hope Scotland don’t leave. In the current climate with the big Tory majority there isn’t going to be another referendum any time soon I’d have thought 

24 minutes ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

Why am I being a cnut? thats all wee Jimmy Krankie goes on about, I hope she gets what she wants, she is a deluded lunatic.

I was wondering this, can't work out if he's a Scott who really wants to stay or an Englishman who actually gives a s**t either way.

14 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Just stumbled on this article, typical daily fail reporting describing Scotland as a “drain in national resources” which I don’t think is true. 

Hopefully a couple of our Scottish residents will be along soon to put things right. @simonboyle @lewdylewd

It's the whole North sea oil debate. Without it, they pay less tax per person and have more per person spent on them than the English. Depending on how the oils split, to whether it covers the costs or not.

They also have a much bigger budget deficit than the UK as a whole. 

1 hour ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

Why am I being a cnut? thats all wee Jimmy Krankie goes on about, I hope she gets what she wants, she is a deluded lunatic.

Because your bold statement is that of a c8unt. I don’t mind a bit of political chat and having a debate on pros and cons (not me personally as although I’m Scottish I don’t trust politicians no matter which side of the border they come from).

but to tell someone to f8ck off is going to get their backs up....hence the comment of you being a grade A c8nt

1 hour ago, Ken Hutchinson said:

Agree with all of the above.

it appears Scotland would own the majority of oil in the North sea  oil and gas 6+ billion barrels ( $400,billion) and the best fishing rights.

nationalists are a clear majority in Northern Ireland ooops is it the end of the UK as we know it?