Sign in to follow this  
Juicehead99

Rice info

Just starting out again at the gym.

Only thing I didn't do last time was eat well, i just abused AAS instead.

This time I am not.

Looking to eat rice and veg (boiled) most days in work for dinner time (that's right yes? Lol as that's what gives gains and little fat?)

Is boil in the bag the same as normal rice?

Only thing I have access too is a microwave in work.

I can pre boil veg if I have to but rice I'd rather cook at the time.

Just checking boil in 're bag was no better/worse than loose rice as boil in the bag will be alot more convenient 

I use the boil in the bag rice, cooks quicker ans is cheaper than the microwave kit. Aldi and Lidl are the best places to get it.

However, you aren't going to get far on eating rice and boiled veg imo... 

Whats your goals? Have you worked out a marco plan?

13 hours ago, Juicehead99 said:

Same goes for microwave steamed veg? 

Or is something added to that for shelf life?

You don't need to add stuff when you freeze something...

Are you planning on JUST eating rice and veg for a meal?

At the moment I've been away from gym for 4 years and looking to lose abit of fat before I start adding muscle.

Currently 6ft and about 14 1/2 stone

Physical job working on wagon and vans as a mechanic

I use the boil in the bag ones from Aldi. No difference nutritionally and it's no more expensive than buying normal rice unless you're comparing massive bulk sacks, which might be a bit cheaper.

You don't need to but those overpriced steam bags of mixed veg though, just buy normal kilo bags of frozen veg (Farmfoods is cheapest) and microwave your servings in a pyrex dish, a mug, whatever you have in your kitchen.

What do you mean by "ok".

They are all just rice, it's all the same stuff. All the microwave bags are pretty much the same serving size. Even if they have added ingredients, they are generally not oily or sugary sauces.

Also, as others have asked, are you planning on eating JUST rice and veg? I.e. what protein and fat are you having with these meals?

24 minutes ago, Stinking Dylan said:

What do you mean by "ok".

They are all just rice, it's all the same stuff. All the microwave bags are pretty much the same serving size. Even if they have added ingredients, they are generally not oily or sugary sauces.

Also, as others have asked, are you planning on eating JUST rice and veg? I.e. what protein and fat are you having with these meals?

I don't know mate this is about as farvas my knowlsgr goes.

This is just a dinner in work. Rest of meals are different and very varied everyday 

12 minutes ago, Stinking Dylan said:

Ok, so a bag of microwave rice plus some steamed veg will come in at around 400 cals with almost no protein or fat. Maybe a bit higher depending on what rice you use.

But it's safe to eat everyday healthy wise  Ye?

I eat enough s**t in and around work I just want a healthy easy low cal meal for dinners and I'm eating 3k cals a day easy most days.

Trying to lose abit before I train again

This is my new favourite thread, not sure why but it's making me chuckle. 

@Juicehead99 Yes it is safe and healthy to eat rice & steamed veg every day - I'd add a bit of sauce myself but each to their own I guess, if you're getting the calories in elsewhere then there is no harm in it at all, contrary to popular belief you don't need to add 14 tonnes of protein to everything eat like some will have you believe as long as you're getting 1g per pound of lean body weight one way or another you'll be absolutely fine.

13 hours ago, TALBOTL said:

This is my new favourite thread, not sure why but it's making me chuckle. 

@Juicehead99 Yes it is safe and healthy to eat rice & steamed veg every day - I'd add a bit of sauce myself but each to their own I guess, if you're getting the calories in elsewhere then there is no harm in it at all, contrary to popular belief you don't need to add 14 tonnes of protein to everything eat like some will have you believe as long as you're getting 1g per pound of lean body weight one way or another you'll be absolutely fine.

I feel like a tool asking such a simple question and every post i add makes ot more cringey making it look like im 7years old  but as it's off the shelf packet rice I wasn't sure if my was added stuff and making it un healthy, for example like most stuff in sandwich section of shop or most of shop itself, pre made is worse for you then if you make it yourself, more cals more salt more alot of stuff.

Everyday this adds up

Just wasted to make sure if was ok to buy pre packet and eat everyday or make my own and save my health

3 hours ago, Juicehead99 said:

I feel like a tool asking such a simple question and every post i add makes ot more cringey making it look like im 7years old  but as it's off the shelf packet rice I wasn't sure if my was added stuff and making it un healthy, for example like most stuff in sandwich section of shop or most of shop itself, pre made is worse for you then if you make it yourself, more cals more salt more alot of stuff.

Everyday this adds up

Just wasted to make sure if was ok to buy pre packet and eat everyday or make my own and save my health

Not at all mate, you’re right they do contain oils mostly just a little dash of sunflower oil but it’s  certainly nothing that will make a difference at all. 

1 hour ago, TALBOTL said:

Not at all mate, you’re right they do contain oils mostly just a little dash of sunflower oil but it’s  certainly nothing that will make a difference at all. 

Then that's all I needed to know lol thanks.

45 minutes ago, Juicehead99 said:

It's rice and veg. It will do

Fair enough, but just so you know the GI of boiled white rice is higher than pure sugar, normally that's not a problem because no-one normally eats just rice, bit since you are doing that you might want to at least pour a few ml of olive oil on it to slow absorption.

On 23/12/2019 at 7:57 PM, Vince the Mince said:

Fair enough, but just so you know the GI of boiled white rice is higher than pure sugar, normally that's not a problem because no-one normally eats just rice, bit since you are doing that you might want to at least pour a few ml of olive oil on it to slow absorption.

What's GI matey.

I'm having lots of salad cream with it and most of morning I'm eating alot of s**t too.

I'm eating 2000+ calories before even my main tea time.