Juicehead99

Deals on whey at moment?

Got my 5kg order to try from Hectic (today) too! Nice wee shaker for me too.

Smells a bit contaminated alike how I've had from Myprotein in the past and why I stopped using them for BP so I'll have to give it the taste test later but if it's OK, goodnight BP from me. Can't believe how cheap it is, it must have been 2010 or so the last time I remember whey being that price so trying to understand how it's so cheap or the other companies are literally just fleecing us.

Well, tried it and same contaminated taste(As if the other flavourings or ingredients from the warehouse are being allowed to slip into the whey, BP has never had this issue) like I'd often get from MP so not sure if I'll suffer the taste for the cheaper price or not, doesn't make for pleasant drinking. Quality wise though it appears to be legit, exactly the same as I'd get from MP.

So if Hectic can offer these prices are there any other places anyone knows of, I like to stay open minded!

I wouldn’t necessarily go with other companies fleecing you, whey typically has a very slim profit margin. companies make money from just shifting pure quantities of it. A small company like this undercutting the likes of MP and BP on something like whey would set my alarm bells ringing that something wasn’t quite right as they would be expected to have higher wholesale prices (buying in smaller amounts = higher price) and comparatively higher overheads.

I’m sure it’s fine but cheaper doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the same quality

The only way to be sure of quality would be Certificate of Authenticity by independent testing.

I remember a whole thread on a now deceased forum about this when there was a huge price hike when China started buying Whey in significant amounts.  Its got to be about  12 years ago , price went from £3000 a tonne to £6300 a tonne in a matter of months.

It was at this time that suppliers started adding soya and pea protein to some their products. 

21 hours ago, faipdeooiad said:

I wouldn’t necessarily go with other companies fleecing you, whey typically has a very slim profit margin. companies make money from just shifting pure quantities of it. A small company like this undercutting the likes of MP and BP on something like whey would set my alarm bells ringing that something wasn’t quite right as they would be expected to have higher wholesale prices (buying in smaller amounts = higher price) and comparatively higher overheads.

I’m sure it’s fine but cheaper doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the same quality

Alarm bells ringing indeed but having tried it, there is no discernable difference from what I've had from MP over the years, all these companies probably get this stuff from the same supplier(feel free to correct me on that), Whey 80 is a standardised product afaik?

And I didn't expect alot of the suppliers I buy on ebay to be selling whey but my mind is blown, Peak supps, BBW(Cheaper on ebay than on their site, strange) and many other smaller companies selling the same stuff for apparently reasonable prices, So I do feel MP/BP are just taking advantage of their name and fools like me thinking they offer the best price and not looking elsewhere. I'm glad I have asked on here as now I can buy Whey for it's price value and not their over inflated prices.

dumbat: True and very interesting on that, I seem to remember MP having a certificate on the product page back in like 2008 or so but can't recall if it was independent but not there anymore!

All that aside, on the taste issue for those who are buying Unflavoured and maybe know what I'm talking about in regards to 'off/contaminated' tasting batches , the only consistent supplier I've used is BP, MP were all over the place hence me going back to BP who's Unflavoured whey tastes like it should, tasteless are there any other's who taste pure? Hectic is a no go for me but it's a big leap to buy a months worth of whey or spend a bomb on a kg to test so any experiences appreciated.

Cheers.

The Protein Works Whey Protein 80 on offer today only at Amazon.

2kg bags for 18.99 or 18.04 if you put it on subscribe and save which you can can cancel once it arrives.

Not bad if you dont want to or cant shell out for big orders at the moment.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Protein-Works-Concentrate-Powder-Vanilla/dp/B00G2AJBWA/ref=sr_1_5?dchild=1&keywords=The+Protein+Works+Whey+Protein+80+(Concentrate)+Shake+Powder%2C+Vanilla+Crème&qid=1586434871&sr=8-5

8 hours ago, OptimumPT said:

If you fancy anything from Reflex, just message for a hefty discount.

It says you cant receive messages at the moment

Can you inbox me please

Danny

9 minutes ago, Shergar said:

It says you cant receive messages at the moment

Can you inbox me please

Danny

Inbox now emptied, thanks for heads up, message sent

If you want something ‘branded’ then amazon have got the big 1.8kg tubs of BSN Syntha 6 edge for £25 and they had an offer where you can get £5 off if you set up a subscribe & save thing (which you can cancel straight away) which makes it £20

it’s only on strawberry but I’d pretty nice

Just recd 5kg from BBW, only a couple of months late - but still a nice goodwill gesture (foc)

Hopefully they’ve got their logistics back on track! (Arrived next day)

Use code: SUMMER for 50% discount. 

8 hours ago, hmgs said:

Just recd 5kg from BBW, only a couple of months late - but still a nice goodwill gesture (foc)

Hopefully they’ve got their logistics back on track! (Arrived next day)

Use code: SUMMER for 50% discount. 

Let me down and lied to me big time during the tail end of the pandemic

Shame as I have always enjoyed their range and been loyal to them for many years

11 days for next day delivery on a £150 order just to be lied to over and over

Danny

I have replied to all your messages & Discount with my code is currently 40% across the whole range except bundles, not sure for how long as it does fluctuate. Now is a good time to save yourself a few quid.

On 06/04/2020 at 8:10 AM, hmgs said:

HecticSports.co.uk

Spot on!B6035A60-91B6-4CC8-9BCC-968022874392.jpeg.d914f5845d0972a2280188f9e901e26e.jpegDC20E112-195E-4915-962E-F9A181B4F662.jpeg.80a4422835cf152ad6ad5706140eda0d.jpeg

How many grams of protein In a serving of this? Unless I missed it, I can’t see it on the website.  only really used bulkpowders or my protein in the past but it’s now Like  £70-80 For 5kg. When did that happen? 

1 hour ago, hmgs said:

36g scoop = 28.8g protein (80%)

5B1795EF-2E11-435E-8A52-5278CD9E09D7.jpeg.595ead1ede4ce32e0f3b62137bd36fcd.jpeg

That’s Not bad at all. Thanks :thumb

You tried the chocolate flavour? Any good?

I normally just go unflavoured and add in some fruit in blender but for on the go sometimes a flavour is nice, if it’s nice. 

Buying in bulk, I only ever get unflavoured or vanilla - 5kg of ‘flavour’ can be hard to chug if it ain’t right! Try adding a spoonful of cacao If you fancy chocolate... or get some flav drops from myprotein. :)45672156-D7D0-4135-8183-5C3ACC90D349.jpeg.a673daf7e9f2807e84132f3371849123.jpeg

You can get 5kg of flavoured beef isolate from bulk powders for about 40 quid.

You need a blender though, but it tastes fine. Waiting on my next bag at the moment.

On 4/2/2020 at 6:06 PM, Kazza61 said:

No idea but they've been the best price for last few years. Still £37 for 5kg unflavoured but you either need to pay some postage or get the order up to £45 with a bit of creatine or something. I can't see any difference at all between their unflavoured and everyone else's. 

http://www.hecticsports.co.uk/pure-whey-protein-concentrate-80/

Just searched through posts to find this link as I remembered the price, nice one - just ordered 5kg!

On 26/07/2020 at 5:33 PM, Tonysco said:

You can get 5kg of flavoured beef isolate from bulk powders for about 40 quid.

You need a blender though, but it tastes fine. Waiting on my next bag at the moment.

Sure but beef protein is shite compared to whey, vastly inferior EAAs profile - https://xwerks.com/blogs/xwerks/57236419-whey-protein-vs-beef-protein-powder

May as well just get soy protein isolate if cost is the main factor for you