Sign in to follow this  
Abc987

Resetting Digestive System/Gut Cleanse

Morning all 

have any of you ever tried to detox/reset your digestive system? 

mine is completely screwed atm and I can’t work out what’s causing it. I have tried every supp known to man and added things like kefir, excluded things like wheat etc but no luck

im thinking come Jan the first as I’ll probably be sick of the site of food and alcohol (well for a few days anyway lol) it will be a great time to start a fresh.

If anyone has tried with success how did you go about it? 

liquid/juice diet, laxatives, fasting etc 

Im thinking of Starting from scratch, ie the most basic diet of either beef or chicken with green veg for every meal and only water.  Continue this for a couple of weeks then add things back in one at a time until it triggers it. 

Do you think the above could work? Or if you have a better ideas I’d love to hear it 

cheers 

I don't really go for the detox or reset theory, but starting from just meat, veg and water sounds like a good plan.

I've also read that fasting is beneficial to your gut bacteria. Since I started IF I've noticed I fart a lot less (unless I eat apples or grenade bars).

I reckon getting back to basics is worth a try, all those supps are bound to be making things worse rather than helping.

Chicken and veg and water, cut everything else out, the human body is normally pretty good at regulating itself without adding a load of supps in the mix to upset the balance.

Good luck

3 hours ago, Abc987 said:

Morning all 

have any of you ever tried to detox/reset your digestive system? 

mine is completely screwed atm and I can’t work out what’s causing it. I have tried every supp known to man and added things like kefir, excluded things like wheat etc but no luck

im thinking come Jan the first as I’ll probably be sick of the site of food and alcohol (well for a few days anyway lol) it will be a great time to start a fresh.

If anyone has tried with success how did you go about it? 

liquid/juice diet, laxatives, fasting etc 

Im thinking of Starting from scratch, ie the most basic diet of either beef or chicken with green veg for every meal and only water.  Continue this for a couple of weeks then add things back in one at a time until it triggers it. 

Do you think the above could work? Or if you have a better ideas I’d love to hear it 

cheers 

As it’s Xmas time, have you introduced new foods/food amounts that could be overloading/irritating your stomach, increased alcohol consumption/mixing different types of alcohol/drinking on empty stomach? Drinking without having enough food plus drinking lager too quick used to give me the hiccups. Sometimes for hours. This was rare but I used to happen when I was caning it. 

Not saying it’s to do with age, either; but I found as I got older, some things I couldn’t eat like I used to when I was in my late 20s/early 30s. Batter for one. 

1 hour ago, Stinking Dylan said:

I don't really go for the detox or reset theory, but starting from just meat, veg and water sounds like a good plan.

I've also read that fasting is beneficial to your gut bacteria. Since I started IF I've noticed I fart a lot less (unless I eat apples or grenade bars).

1 hour ago, Gary29 said:

I reckon getting back to basics is worth a try, all those supps are bound to be making things worse rather than helping.

Chicken and veg and water, cut everything else out, the human body is normally pretty good at regulating itself without adding a load of supps in the mix to upset the balance.

Good luck

I think it’s the way to go.  Problem started last year when bulking with tren. It sorted itself out slightly once off but I’ve had issues since

if I was to go back to basics and add in one thing at a time I can see what triggers it, is my theory 

38 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

As it’s Xmas time, have you introduced new foods/food amounts that could be overloading/irritating your stomach, increased alcohol consumption/mixing different types of alcohol/drinking on empty stomach? Drinking without having enough food plus drinking lager too quick used to give me the hiccups. Sometimes for hours. This was rare but I used to happen when I was caning it. 

Not saying it’s to do with age, either; but I found as I got older, some things I couldn’t eat like I used to when I was in my late 20s/early 30s. Batter for one. 

It’s been going on quite some time now. Correct I am eating more shot and drinking loads but it’s defo an underlying issue