Sign in to follow this  
edinburgheire

Joshua is a disgrace

7 minutes ago, lewdylewd said:

Yeah, it was a show of boxing skill, not nearly as exciting though.

I can see the rest of his career looking like this, ie jab and move, as he will now know he is vulnerable if he stands and trades with anyone with fast or heavy hands.

Imagine how boring a fight between AJ and Fury would be. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

34 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

It's called boxing clever. What? You expect him to fight toe to toe with someone who's only way to win the fight is get inside his jab? AJ turned up for this fight and fought exactly the way he should have. 

8 minutes ago, lewdylewd said:

Yeah, it was a show of boxing skill, not nearly as exciting though.

I can see the rest of his career looking like this, ie jab and move, as he will now know he is vulnerable if he stands and trades with anyone with fast or heavy hands.

No it wasn't. If you are new to the sport and you listen to the paid commentators i can understand you being swayed, however that was not boxing skills.

Boxing on the back foot, smart boxing, hitting and not getting hit is done by parrying, slipping shots, fighting behind the shoulder and landing counter shots!! It is not done by getting on your bike and running around all night with the knowledge that the judges will award you the fight as long as you don't get knocked out because your promoter has paid their wages.

along with smith v Ryder result in the last month i'm done with UK boxing ( mainly Matchroom).

The sport isn't what i used to be where fighters fought for pride and glory.

50 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

It's called boxing clever. What? You expect him to fight toe to toe with someone who's only way to win the fight is get inside his jab? AJ turned up for this fight and fought exactly the way he should have. 

That's the thing. When fury done it against vlad everyone said job well done. Now AJ has done it he's running scared go figure?:lol:

AJ has won all but 2 of his victories by knock out, knocking out the likes of Klitschko, Povetkin, Whyte....Yet after only his 2nd ever points win he's now a boring fighter.  People talk so much sh1t.

He fought the right fight. too much at stake to take risks, had he got caught and lost again his career would have been in tatters. 

AJs natural style is to let his hands go and end fights not win on points and he  has a better knockout ratio than any other top 10 HW even Wilder and against better opposition. But it pays to be smart. Ruiz style is really not good for him. But he outclassed him and got his belts back without having to break a sweat. 

4 minutes ago, Baz-- said:

No it wasn't. If you are new to the sport and you listen to the paid commentators i can understand you being swayed, however that was not boxing skills.

Boxing on the back foot, smart boxing, hitting and not getting hit is done by parrying, slipping shots, fighting behind the shoulder and landing counter shots!! It is not done by getting on your bike and running around all night with the knowledge that the judges will award you the fight as long as you don't get knocked out because your promoter has paid their wages.

along with smith v Ryder result in the last month i'm done with UK boxing ( mainly Matchroom).

The sport isn't what i used to be where fighters fought for pride and glory.

The CompuBox stats had Joshua connecting on 107 out of 373 punches (29%) with 65 of those shots being jabs. Ruiz landed 60 out of 261 (23%) with 37 of those being power punches. 

AJ stayed back and jabbed his way to a win, by hitting Ruiz more than Ruiz hit him. It's called boxing. AJ is good at it. 

4 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

AJ has won all but 2 of his victories by knock out, knocking out the likes of Klitschko, Povetkin, Whyte....Yet after only his 2nd ever points win he's now a boring fighter.  People talk so much sh1t.

He fought the right fight. too much at stake to take risks, had he got caught and lost again his career would have been in tatters. 

AJs natural style is to let his hands go and end fights not win on points and he  has a better knockout ratio than any other top 10 HW even Wilder and against better opposition. But it pays to be smart. Ruiz style is really not good for him. But he outclassed him and got his belts back without having to break a sweat. 

Well said

1 minute ago, EpicSquats said:

The CompuBox stats had Joshua connecting on 107 out of 373 punches (29%) with 65 of those shots being jabs. Ruiz landed 60 out of 261 (23%) with 37 of those being power punches. 

AJ stayed back and jabbed his way to a win, by hitting Ruiz more than Ruiz hit him. It's called boxing. AJ is good at it. 

Compubox is tosh for starts and running around all night  is stealing a very cheap win.  .

Try watching again with the sound off and make your own desission

5 hours ago, MickeyE said:

This ^^

This is boxing . Not a bare knuckle street fight. 

Joshua fought a very smart fight. 

8 hours ago, Baz-- said:

Compubox is tosh for starts

How? It's the best way of looking at the performance of each fighter objectively and the inputs are completely operated by a human observer, one observer for each fighter.

Wasn’t a massive fan of AJ and especially after the first fight I thought he was found out for who he really was. He gained a lot of respect back last night to show he can move and actually box clever.

Most people probably though it was boring, but I enjoyed the full fight. Sticking to his game plan even when Ruiz was giving him dirty shot to get him emotionally involved was especially impressive. 

Ruiz was disappointing and god knows what he was doing in his prep except eating extra burgers. What happed to his supposed weight loss? Also why was he chasing AJ like he was the contender?

Sack a 3rd fight, I wouldn’t be watching that . Next fight I’ll pay to watch AJ is either Fury or Wilder, that’ll be he proper test.

14 hours ago, MickeyE said:

Agreed. 

Also, same thoughts as @Ken Hutchinson although I’m not as gorgeous  as Ken :thumbup1:

. The boxing of years ago was without social media and far more to the point. 

There are only two fights for Joshua. He’s fukced about for too long. Wilder & Fury to settle it. That’s how it used to be done. It deters me from the love I used to have for boxing. Like a pantomime. 

Edit: for @Ken Hutchinson

Edited by PSevens2017
I upset Ken

2 hours ago, nWo said:

How? It's the best way of looking at the performance of each fighter objectively and the inputs are completely operated by a human observer, one observer for each fighter.

It not accurate in the way that a jab for instance to the face and one caught with the elbows are both clicked and added to the tally of shots but it's clear that they have different level of effect.  A judge will score a fight based on how effective each shot was and not if it merely touched a part of the opponents body. Compubox doesn't do that, so it's not an accurate way to score a fight.

In the end he sticked with jab and move and he did throw a few counters at the right time too, he still cut Ruiz above his eye even if was a minor cut, he got tagged a few times by Ruiz but I've seen him dealing with it much better then in the first fight, you can see Joshua did a lot of sparring this time. 

This is boxing, he sticked with the plan and executed it therefore won. 

And I am no expert neither a Joshua fan, I actually had a little wage on Ruiz winning by knockout, but all in all I enjoyed the fight even if I prefer more slug fest style of fights. 

Now I'd like to see Joshua vs either Fury or Wilder to see what he comes up with.