Sign in to follow this  
scottysafc

Putting too much fat on - belly!

Finally managed to get back in the gym for a couple months after illness kept setting me back. This time last year i was 16 stone after an 8 month bulk (Started at 12 stone!). Stopped going and it all dropped off.  Anyway started again a couple of months ago maybe 13 stone. I'm now a solid 14 stone 10lbs. Eating everything in sight, not really watching my macros.

I'm getting one hell of a kite. Don't get me wrong i'm getting decent muscle growth (muscle memory?) but my bellys really starting to bother me. Thing is after being big last year i want to get back to that! But i have a holiday in march and i don't want to be worrying about having a kite. Ive always been a hard gainer, 6ft 2 skinny and i've never had this problem so its completely new to me.

What can i do!? Should i eat less? or eat less carbs more protein?  What about cardio? Completely lost here its getting me down and knocking my motivation. I think i need to reassess my goals and maybe this is a reality check.

as said already if you don't want a kangaroo pouch joining you on your holiday then simply do more cardio I do 3-4 x 20mins per week.

nothing crazy. 5 min walking full incline treadmill before weights then 15 min after training..

or eat less but it'd  be best to count what your eating now and then lower by 500 cals minimum as you did say your eating everything in sight and putting a belly on.. so clearly well over your lean bulk cals

Thanks for the advice everyone as of yesterday i'm doing 5 mins cardio before workout and 20 mins after. Knocked my morning bacon sarnies on the head and replaced with Allbran.

Will see how this goes over the xmas/new year period.

Lol mate, what difference do you think that’s gonna make?! You need to understand that it’s not what you eat it’s how much you eat.

3 rashes of bacon, 2 slices of white bread and 15g of butter = 403 cals

75g of Kellogg’s All Bran and 250ml of  S/Skim milk = 482.

Well thats a head f**k never would have thought allbran would be more calories  than a bacon sarny. 

7 hours ago, Endomorph84 said:

Lol mate, what difference do you think that’s gonna make?! You need to understand that it’s not what you eat it’s how much you eat.

3 rashes of bacon, 2 slices of white bread and 15g of butter = 403 cals

75g of Kellogg’s All Bran and 250ml of  S/Skim milk = 482.

Well thats a head f**k never would have thought allbran would be more calories  than a bacon sarny. 

It's less fat though isn't it? Or does it not work like that?

Like I said in the OP I've never had this problem before. Being a hard gainer I've just ate and ate but now for the first time it's going to my kite.

3 hours ago, scottysafc said:

It's less fat though isn't it? Or does it not work like that?

Like I said in the OP I've never had this problem before. Being a hard gainer I've just ate and ate but now for the first time it's going to my kite.

Less or more fat, it doesn’t matter as it’s total calories that count. Calories (fat/ carbs/ protein) are a form of energy, that’s all.

It doesn’t matter if it’s the ketogenic diet (high fat, moderate protein, low carb) or a standard diet (high carb, moderate protein, low fat). If you want to lose weight you have to burn more cals than you eat. If you eat more than you burn you will get fat, it is that simple.

Aye I get it. Well I'm not wanting to lose weight just reduce the amount of fat I'm gaining so obviously need to reduce cals as im clearly in a big surplus.  

Will get that surplus reduced so hopefully I'll still be gaining weight and size just not as much fat. That's the hope anyway.  

At some point I'm just going to have to do a cut which I am not looking forward to ha! Thanks for the advice 

48 minutes ago, scottysafc said:

Aye I get it. Well I'm not wanting to lose weight just reduce the amount of fat I'm gaining so obviously need to reduce cals as im clearly in a big surplus.  

Will get that surplus reduced so hopefully I'll still be gaining weight and size just not as much fat. That's the hope anyway.  

At some point I'm just going to have to do a cut which I am not looking forward to ha! Thanks for the advice 

https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ use this to calculate your TDEE accurately, makes it easier to calculate exactly what you need. 

LT

You're going to need to calculate your calories which your currently consuming. Not just for the success of your bulk, but you'll need this to plan a cut or you'll either not loose weight, or loose too much muscle and end up back at your starting weight.