Sign in to follow this  
fendertele

Does higher natural testosterone equal greater gains ?

I ask because I gain muscle very easily... however I get weak erections and low sperm amounts TMI sorry guys.

So I'm confused as these are usually symptoms of low t, but my gains contradict this.. as anyone that knows me I make monster gains without any supps.. so I'd imagine my test is through the roof.. lifting heavy every session.

Simple answer your question, yes. Look at the distance runner Caster Semenya (although most of us would rather not) She has been ordered to take medication to lower her testosterone levels if she wants to keep competing.

In your own case you are making assumptions. If you are concerned you should seek testing. Your gp (if you live in the U.K.) can sign off a blood test to see what your levels are. Private is also relatively inexpensive. It is possible that you are producing a lot of test that is being converted into oestrogen by the aromatise enzyme. This could lead to weak erections and low ejaculate volume but have a positive effect on muscle building but don’t assume this to be true. Get some tests done 

11 hours ago, Sasnak said:

Simple answer your question, yes. Look at the distance runner Caster Semenya (although most of us would rather not) She has been ordered to take medication to lower her testosterone levels if she wants to keep competing.

In your own case you are making assumptions. If you are concerned you should seek testing. Your gp (if you live in the U.K.) can sign off a blood test to see what your levels are. Private is also relatively inexpensive. It is possible that you are producing a lot of test that is being converted into oestrogen by the aromatise enzyme. This could lead to weak erections and low ejaculate volume but have a positive effect on muscle building but don’t assume this to be true. Get some tests done 

after reading what you wrote about aromatise I did some googling it hit me on the days I consume a good few apples I have less issues with the erections... I also look less water bloated never thought much of it till now but they say apples contain resveratrol which is an aromatase inhibitor, I've been to my gp and they did the test results and told me they were above the normal but they don't do estrogen testing... but im guessing water retention is got to be one of the other indicators.. I seem to hold on to ridiculous amounts at times.. until I get the wooooosh.

It's not so simple and there are more factors than just testosterone. When people inject testosterone there levels can be 5 or 10 or more times the normal natural level so your not going to get steroid like gains. 

This video goes into it a bit