Sign in to follow this  
Mattlifts84

Waiting on endo referral, advice please.

Hello! 

So I came off test 20 months ago after many years on, no cycles. Unsurprisingly, I haven't fully recovered, I got my last of three blood tests this morning and doc has promised to refer me regardless of the result. 

My problem is this, referals take several months and right now I feel very down, no morning erections, lack of drive and recovery is a nightmare in the gym, which isn't great because I'm a personal trainer. 

Can I take test in the meantime? Eg 125mg a week, up until a fortnight before my appointment? I feel the current state of affairs isn't going to be sustainable for 3/4 months. Any advice appreciated. 

On 11/22/2019 at 5:26 PM, Mattlifts84 said:

Hello! 

So I came off test 20 months ago after many years on, no cycles. Unsurprisingly, I haven't fully recovered, I got my last of three blood tests this morning and doc has promised to refer me regardless of the result. 

My problem is this, referals take several months and right now I feel very down, no morning erections, lack of drive and recovery is a nightmare in the gym, which isn't great because I'm a personal trainer. 

Can I take test in the meantime? Eg 125mg a week, up until a fortnight before my appointment? I feel the current state of affairs isn't going to be sustainable for 3/4 months. Any advice appreciated. 

Either wait for the NHS referral or pay for a private endo and see him straight away. If you self medicate, what's the point of seeing an endo anyway?

Thanks for the replies! I got a referral hoping to remain natural. I'm now beginning to think that may not be possible. 20 months is a long time to feel like s**t, symptoms are coming to a head right now, in particular depression and sexual disinterest. 

Yeah don’t take any testosterone, especially UGL as you never really know what’s in it. You may think your running prop so stop with a few weeks to go before your endo blood test so it’s cleared, but it was actually enth or sust etc. then your test levels show as high and he discharges you.

If you are desperate and I don’t really recommend it you could run proviron and maybe tiny bit of HCG but stop the HCG well before your appointment.

Best thing tho is to wait it out and feel shite.... I know exactly how you feel and how the NHS system works as I’ve just going through it. Feel free to private message me if you want to know anything.