Sign in to follow this  
Seppuku71

How long for 60mg test e to clear system

Guys, does anyone know how long it would take a one off shot of test-e, 60mg to clear from my system, and put me back to base line? As you may know if you've read my other post, "Stupid idea or not?", i've recently had a blood draw showing total T at 6.38 nmol, free T at 0.137. I started a self admin 60mg x twice a week, just one jab of 60mg on Saturday just gone, but realised i would have been better off letting the nhs have a look. If i go and see the quack, i'd want their blood draw showing me back at baseline again. I know test-e has a half life of around 4 days, but if i take nothing else now what would be a good time to let them test me without that one 60mg shot registering?

Cheers guys in advance.

42 minutes ago, aqualung said:

i'd wait at least a month , its not so much about how long that will take to clear your system - more about pulling back any suppression to your HPTA that it has caused - the test will always clear faster than your HPTA can recover.

Ok gotcha, cheers aqualung. Do you think going in earlier with some suppression would raise a red flag, or do you mean i should just go after a month because it would give a truer reflection of where i'm naturally at?

4 hours ago, Seppuku71 said:

Guys, does anyone know how long it would take a one off shot of test-e, 60mg to clear from my system, and put me back to base line? As you may know if you've read my other post, "Stupid idea or not?", i've recently had a blood draw showing total T at 6.38 nmol, free T at 0.137. I started a self admin 60mg x twice a week, just one jab of 60mg on Saturday just gone, but realised i would have been better off letting the nhs have a look. If i go and see the quack, i'd want their blood draw showing me back at baseline again. I know test-e has a half life of around 4 days, but if i take nothing else now what would be a good time to let them test me without that one 60mg shot registering?

Cheers guys in advance.

The mean MRT (Mean Residence Time) of a single 250mg shot of testosterone enanthate is between 12-14 days.

A single 60mg shot is unlikely to have any suppressive  action on the HPTA.

11 minutes ago, stargazer said:

The mean MRT (Mean Residence Time) of a single 250mg shot of testosterone enanthate is between 12-14 days.

A single 60mg shot is unlikely to have any suppressive  action on the HPTA.

Ok well that's interesting, thanks. So if i were to get a blood test through my gp, leaving at least a couple of weeks i should be clear.

If i had the money, i'd do a couple of weeks of clomid then do another medichecks test, just to see if my balls are responsive again to higher LH levels. This last test my LH was around 2ish, when i was on long term low dose clomid it was around 8, but with a TT of only 11.7. In the begining on clomid (around 6ish years ago) it was 21nmol. I think i'd be satisfied if i could get up to 15nmol on it now, but i'm just probably too old (48).  Nebido sounds a good option though if my nuts are shot, i do like the fact you can just forget about it for a couple of months in between shots.

3 minutes ago, Seppuku71 said:

Ok well that's interesting, thanks. So if i were to get a blood test through my gp, leaving at least a couple of weeks i should be clear.

If i had the money, i'd do a couple of weeks of clomid then do another medichecks test, just to see if my balls are responsive again to higher LH levels. This last test my LH was around 2ish, when i was on long term low dose clomid it was around 8, but with a TT of only 11.7. In the begining on clomid (around 6ish years ago) it was 21nmol. I think i'd be satisfied if i could get up to 15nmol on it now, but i'm just probably too old (48).  Nebido sounds a good option though if my nuts are shot, i do like the fact you can just forget about it for a couple of months in between shots.

Yes, i'm quoting from scientific papers so i'm confident in my answer.

You could get up to 15nmol on clomid i guess but it is only a temporary solution, once you stop it generally drops again, PCT doesn't restart the HPTA, many people think it does.

If you need to be on TRT, you are certainly far better off than guys were 20 or 30 years ago with a product (Sustanon) that even Organon eventually admitted didn't really up to their claims.

The advent of Nebido is a godsend to many i'm sure.

mean residence time just means 'average' time -everyone is different  , personally i was going on the fact that the OP already has a knackered HPTA system and thought he wanted a true baseline - so waiting longer is better .

looking at it either way will work if if you are trying for TRT , in one you might be suppressed and have lower than usual test levels in another you might be recovered and have lower than usual test levels.

4 hours ago, aqualung said:

mean residence time just means 'average' time -everyone is different  , personally i was going on the fact that the OP already has a knackered HPTA system and thought he wanted a true baseline - so waiting longer is better .

looking at it either way will work if if you are trying for TRT , in one you might be suppressed and have lower than usual test levels in another you might be recovered and have lower than usual test levels.

I know what it means, that's why the scientific paper states 12-14 days and not 12 days 7 hrs 46mins and 22secs :D.

And yes knackered, so he could be waiting till the next blue moon.

6 hours ago, aqualung said:

What i'd really like is to find out that Medichecks tests are way out and in fact my testosterone's higher. A few years ago it used to be 21nmol, d be happy to see a reading of 12nmol now. 

anyone that has a genuine diagnosis or is in the process of getting one doesnt need to use medichecks (personally ive never used an outside lab for bloods ) - you are just wasting money as your GP/endo/uro is going to be doing their own bloods anyway and those are the ones they will use for diagnosis.

1 hour ago, aqualung said:

anyone that has a genuine diagnosis or is in the process of getting one doesnt need to use medichecks (personally ive never used an outside lab for bloods ) - you are just wasting money as your GP/endo/uro is going to be doing their own bloods anyway and those are the ones they will use for diagnosis.

Very true. I was just using them to see if changing variables like sleep, supplementation etc could have a positive effect, thereby allowing me to avoid the ordeal that is going to see an nhs doctor regarding possible testosterone deficiency. I think it's a great service that companies like Medichecks provide though, doctors will fob you off as much as possible.

On 11/21/2019 at 8:07 PM, sean m said:

With medicheck you also get a lot of information the NHS seam reluctant to test for   shbg/ free test  ext.

ive had both of the above done multiple time with the NHS , its just marked up differently (free test is usually worked out using SHBG and albumin levels)  , but as you say you can get a lot more testing done if you want to check other things .