Sign in to follow this  
Mrbenchpress

Anyone on nebido for trt ?

@MrbenchpressIm on Prescribed  Nebido for TRT.  My Injections are every 8 weeks. No need for an AI as its replacement testosterone, aimed to bring levels back up to with the  normal range.  BSSM guidelines aim for a trough reading of at least 15 nmol. Mine are around 22 nmol just before my injection. 

ive been on nebido for around 8+ yrs now, started off on 12 weeks then reduced to 8 weeks and last few years at 10 week intervals(give me a trough of 21/22 ), you should not need an A.I on TRT  (my E2 does shoot up to max for about 2 weeks but ive never had any problems ).

ppl usually start to give themselves problems when they start trying to chase numbers on TRT rather than go on how they feel.

I’m considering changing to this, I’m currently on the tostran gel but can’t get it for love nor money, had to visit 5 pharmacies last time to find stock. Been told all hormone stuff is scarce due to Brexit etc. Don’t know how true that is...

Is the nebido readily available? Does the endo send the script to your local GP and you just go there for a nurse to jab, any option to just pick up the amp from the pharmacy and pin yourself? I’ve heard it’s 4ml and would personally split into 2 jabs don’t know if the nurses do that. 

1 hour ago, eddo said:

I’m considering changing to this, I’m currently on the tostran gel but can’t get it for love nor money, had to visit 5 pharmacies last time to find stock. Been told all hormone stuff is scarce due to Brexit etc. Don’t know how true that is...

Is the nebido readily available? Does the endo send the script to your local GP and you just go there for a nurse to jab, any option to just pick up the amp from the pharmacy and pin yourself? I’ve heard it’s 4ml and would personally split into 2 jabs don’t know if the nurses do that. 

I've been on nebido for eight years. My protocol has varied between 10 to 12 week intervals.

I've never had an issue with availability. I go the the local surgery for my injection from the nurse and book my next appointment there and then. The nebido is there waiting when you arrive.

A single jab works fine for me.

Spot on that’s exactly what I’m after, this tostran gel has got my levels up but everything about it is a total farce!  

So is it best to get bloods checked around ten weeks from the first jab see what test levels at and adjust frequency to suit? 
Any pip or issues injecting all that oil in one go? Does the pin your asrse? (no homo lol) 

Ive been on Nebido now for 6 months, injection frequency between 9-10 weeks, NHS nurse does it, hurts a bit straight afterwards but then its fine

Starting to feel better on it although realise it can take a year to stabilise

Seen muscle growth (I'm 47), better sleep, calmer, more focused etc

no need for an AI unless you want to supplement with more test (I won't personally but have done a SARMS cycle)

Similar experience to Mingster and Aqualung. Although   I've been prescribed Nebido  for 6 years.  I have  my injection every 8 weeks. The  nurse at GP surgery does it. No issues with the injection.  No need for an AI. My Trough reading is around 22 / 24 nmol.

On 12/5/2019 at 6:24 PM, Mingster said:

Yes, the pin is in your glutes. Never had any pip.

I never have any pip but it always stings like a motherf*cker when the nurses inject me. And I hate how they always say, "Sharp scratch", and then proceed to harpoon you. I'll sharp scratch you in a bit bitch!

I've been on it for a couple of years after having had a gel for a while that was found to be having no impact on my test levels at all.

I've gone from 1000mg jabs every 12  weeks to 10 to 8 weeks because over that time blood tests at the end of each period have demonstrated my test levels as being 9 after 12 weeks, 11 after 10 weeks and most recently I had one in  week 7 where it was 14.5

My Doc put it to every 8 weeks and then the knob doctor at the hospital nearly had a stroke when he found out I was going to start every 8 weeks and had me do the week 7 test to try and demonstrate that it would be too high to justify. That backfired lol.  My natural test used to sit at 9. I can't really understand why Nebido doesn't have the same pronounced effect on my test levels as you guys but definitely don't need AI :thumb

On 1/7/2020 at 8:02 PM, exvigourbeast said:

I've been on it for a couple of years after having had a gel for a while that was found to be having no impact on my test levels at all.

I've gone from 1000mg jabs every 12  weeks to 10 to 8 weeks because over that time blood tests at the end of each period have demonstrated my test levels as being 9 after 12 weeks, 11 after 10 weeks and most recently I had one in  week 7 where it was 14.5

My Doc put it to every 8 weeks and then the knob doctor at the hospital nearly had a stroke when he found out I was going to start every 8 weeks and had me do the week 7 test to try and demonstrate that it would be too high to justify. That backfired lol.  My natural test used to sit at 9. I can't really understand why Nebido doesn't have the same pronounced effect on my test levels as you guys but definitely don't need AI :thumb

The thing most people forget is that even though your trough level might be quite low before the next injection, the whole time before that your test levels are quite a bit higher.