Jacob76

Who’s watching what on NETFLIX

‘The haunting of bly Manor’... was alright. Not as good or “scary” as ‘The haunting of hill house’, which I much preferred. 

cobra Kai was awesome. Best show I’ve seen in a long time. Looking forward to the new season next year. 

6 hours ago, Denied said:

How did you get in with it? Keeps coming up, love a good horror film but not usually to bothered for a series of it.

It’s not like a horror. Don’t expect Insidious or anything like that. It’s like an old fashioned haunted mystery. The kid actors are incredible. The little girl especially. I rate it but I’m a bit old fashioned and nostalgic when it comes to haunted house films. 

9 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

It’s not like a horror. Don’t expect Insidious or anything like that. It’s like an old fashioned haunted mystery. The kid actors are incredible. The little girl especially. I rate it but I’m a bit old fashioned and nostalgic when it comes to haunted house films. 

That’s the most ‘noncey’ thing I’ve read on here in ages......and I like it x

Just finished watching the series 'Brave New World' on Peacock Network...

Weird premise at first but really got into it and found it very Altered Carbon like, which I also enjoyed.

15 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

Bit like Scooby Doo then.?

1 minute ago, Denied said:

Spitting image, wouldn't get Brit box for it but worth downloading if you follow politics.

Normally agree with you on lots of stuff but I thought it was dreadful to be honest. Just seemed really flat and the few jokes there were were really laboured. Watched first episode and decided that’s enough. 

10 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Normally agree with you on lots of stuff but I thought it was dreadful to be honest. Just seemed really flat and the few jokes there were were really laboured. Watched first episode and decided that’s enough. 

I've quite enjoyed it but if you didn't enjoy the second half of the first episode, probably not worth bothering with the next two. Some of the trump sketches miss the mark but the Dominic Cummings character gets me every time. 

Obviously not the same as the original or 2dtv. 

On 30/10/2020 at 9:36 PM, Lancashiregent said:

The Queen's Gambit.

Absolutely fantastic.

Yeah, we are 3 episodes in and really enjoying this one.

9yr old orphan girl discovers chess - it turns out she is really, really good at it.

Great fun.

Just finished prison break, thank god. Did not enjoy the last seasons at all.

Just started watching the fall last night. Let's wait and see.

57 minutes ago, Philfg said:

Just finished prison break, thank god. Did not enjoy the last seasons at all.

Just started watching the fall last night. Let's wait and see.

The fall is a good watch but a bit like prison break, they need to learn when to finish it. But all watchable unlike the last few seasons of prison break.

21 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

Godfather of Harlem is a brilliant gangster series - stars Forest Whitaker as Bumpy Johnson and charts his rise. Very highly recommend. 

This was epic buddy, he took the part off brilliantly.

Is it on Netflix now?

I watched it late last year on the firestick.

Danny

7 hours ago, Spieren said:

I didn’t even watch the 3rd season of the fall Bud. The Mrs did, it was as I suspected, poop

It was bad but it wasn't last season of prison break bad. 

8 minutes ago, Denied said:

It was bad but it wasn't last season of prison break bad. 

Good job I didn’t have to endure that shyte then mate.
As you sad, they really need to learn when to end things

Currently got a few things on the go (and completed recently) with Netflix:

The Alienist - Season 2 was just released. Not as good as Season 1 which came out at the end of last year but still pretty good.

Inhuman Resources - Eric Cantona is in this bizarrely (didn't know he'd turned to acting) but it's decent so far - on episode 5 out of 8.

Social Dilemma - very interesting documentary on how social media turns its users into addicts.  

Calm with Horses - pretty dark movie set in rural Ireland - decent though and good acting by the lead actor when you consider he isn't Irish.

Upgrade - some cool gory fight scenes in this one - movie is average overall though.

On 11/11/2020 at 7:20 AM, albatross said:

9yr old orphan girl discovers chess - it turns out she is really, really good at it.

The synopsis sounds rubbish but after several recommendations I gave this a watch last night, was hooked after the first episode.

Episode 4 tonight and can't wait lol.

I mentioned it earlier but now that I'm 6 episodes in, I can confidently say Godfather of Harlem is the best telly of the last 10 years. It's on Starz via Amazon Prime but I guess most of us here know how to track down the good shows. Theme tune is a belter too.

9 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

I mentioned it earlier but now that I'm 6 episodes in, I can confidently say Godfather of Harlem is the best telly of the last 10 years. It's on Starz via Amazon Prime but I guess most of us here know how to track down the good shows. Theme tune is a belter too.

Yeh that is a decent series. You should try Snowfall if you not watched it. Not sure what network as I torrent them all. It's about the dude who brought crack to the US, financed by the CIA. Based on true events. It's pretty decent.  The duece is not bad watch either, about the sex trade in new york (i think 42nd street) before the big corps moved in and gentrified it.