Jacob76

Who’s watching what on NETFLIX

Started watching Queen of the South on Netflix.  Looking good apart from when they talk in Mexican and the subtitles come on in another language and am like WTF 

10 hours ago, M73 said:

Started watching Queen of the South on Netflix.  Looking good apart from when they talk in Mexican and the subtitles come on in another language and am like WTF 

Watched them all. Very good. 
only niggle is it’s a bit slow paced. So slow paced that you could possibly learn Mexican while watching it :lol:

Edit: Lo hice mi amigo

15 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

The Boys is really good anti-superhero series. Ultra violent. Season 1 was a belter and I  just watched the first episode of Season 2 tonight and it’s excellent. 

Ooh S2, heard it was coming soon, going to look for it now :thumbup1:

On 05/10/2020 at 4:44 AM, SwoleTip said:

Just finished narcos and narcos mexico, fu**ing sick 

Narco's was awesome.

Not seen the mexican one, what's it like?

El Chapo is worth a watch too if you haven't seen that.

Danny

6 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Narco's was awesome.

Danny

Mexican one is great, mate. 

Highly recommend Ozark as well. Outstanding box set. Probably my favourite.

Mindhunter is very good. Fairly slow paced but true story based on how the very first FBI profilers originated. 

Everybody’s favourite super heavyweight serial killer, Ed Kemper makes an appearance (actor wise). 

1 minute ago, PSevens2017 said:

Mindhunter is very good. Fairly slow paced but true story based on how the very first FBI profilers originated. 

Thank you buddy.

I did put episode 1 on of Mindhunter earlier this year but it felt way too slow for me.

Maybe I should stick with it and try again.

Cheers mate, Mexican narco's next me thinks.

Danny

23 hours ago, Shergar said:

Thank you buddy.

I did put episode 1 on of Mindhunter earlier this year but it felt way too slow for me.

Maybe I should stick with it and try again.

Cheers mate, Mexican narco's next me thinks.

Danny

mindhunter is slow...but series 1 is good...and as @PSevens2017 says ed kemper is one sick f**k...series 2 mind you is even slower and pretty boring...I'd give it a miss.

On 06/10/2020 at 6:17 PM, Shergar said:

Narco's was awesome.

Danny

If you like that Mexican Cartel type stuff, El Candidato is great watch. Amazon Prime. 

On 19/09/2020 at 10:27 AM, toecutter said:

It's best to watch the first Karate Kid and that's on Netflix too, I think, so it's handy to jog your memory. Plus it's an 80s classic and doesn't feel like an 'old' film. The sequels, nah, you don't need to watch them. 

You can probably get into Cobra Kai without watching the film(s) as there are a lot of original characters and the story is fresh and easy to get into. That's why so many people highly regard it - it's not one of these sequels or reboots that takes a dump on the original like terminator genesis or dark fate; rehashing and rewriting old material in a worse way. It respects it and creates its own identity. It picks up 30+ years later, so a lot has happened in the mean time. Daniel and Johnny are both parents. Daniel is married and a successful business owner. They inject flashbacks too to help the story flow. Like the original 80s film, it revels in its simplicity. Some people have even said Cobra Kai is better than The Karate Kid and they're not far wrong, IMO.

Watched it all in the space of a few days. Probably the best show I’ve seen in years to be fair. Simple but brilliant. Bring on season 3 and 4. Glad to see they’re making more. 

I seem to have watched all the best stuff on Netflix - Narcos, Breaking Bad, Mindhunter, etc - running out of decent stuff to find now. Been watching the Ip Man series of movies recently, they're fairly decent. 

On 05/10/2020 at 4:44 AM, SwoleTip said:

Just finished narcos and narcos mexico, fu**ing sick 

Agree mate, bad blood is brilliant and also queen of the south 

3 hours ago, Davemp said:

Agree mate, bad blood is brilliant and also queen of the south 

1st season was great. Really struggled with the actors who played the brother and sister lol. Stopped watching it. 

Was actually waiting for them to have sex with each other for that added plot twist. 

12 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

1st season was great. Really struggled with the actors who played the brother and sister lol. Stopped watching it. 

Was actually waiting for them to have sex with each other for that added plot twist. 

I know what you mean pal, their parts get smaller as it goes on and you know you don’t fluck with Dominic lol 

On 11/10/2020 at 9:30 PM, PSevens2017 said:

Started watching ‘The Haunting of Bly Manor’. Love a good ol fashioned creepy ghost story. It’s from the makers of ‘The Haunting of Hill House’. I’m enjoying it. 

How did you get in with it? Keeps coming up, love a good horror film but not usually to bothered for a series of it.

Wife has just been watching unsolved mysteries. Not a classic but one episode in, possibly worth it if it's your thing. 

Does make you think, nobody ever gets put away for murder in America, well at least the the right person.

It was actually on Sky Atlantic I think but just finished watching an 8 parter called Perry Mason about a down and out private eye in the 1920’s who investigates the case of a kidnapped baby gone wrong. It’s absolutely brilliant. 

Also very much worth a watch is The Comey Rule about the ex-head of the FBI James Comey and how he got shafted first by the Hilary Clinton emails debacle and then by Trump not understanding how the FBI was supposed to operate.