Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Signup1

Does this look okay? Macros

Recommended Posts

Hi All

I've been lifting for about a year, really enjoying it. My body has toned up and I'm liking the new definition but want to see more.

 I started using  myfitnesspal around 6 weeks ago and have lost about 1.5KG but feeling hungry a fair bit.

Massively confused about how much I should increase calories to account for my training/activity.

Current set up

(BMR 1285.5)

1500 Calories plus 200 when training or working

113 Carbs

150 Protein

50 Fat

I'm Female age 42

height 162.6CM 

weight 60.3KG

Train 5 days a week - currently doing optimum modern physique program(bodybuilding.com). Includes about an hour of cardio a week.

I coach gymnastics, do about 4 sessions a week.. set up and set down moving heavy equipment, supporting/spotting kids. 

Walk about 40 to 60 min every day more on weekend.

Rest of the time I'm at a desk.

Good variety of food.. fresh veg, fruit etc.

Does this look okay?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, JLawson90 said:

your calories seem very low for someone so active

Thank you for your reply. I don't have a clue how to work them out. 

Do you track your calories?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Signup1 said:

Thank you for your reply. I don't have a clue how to work them out. 

Do you track your calories?

me personally no, well not precisely anyway .. I just know I'm around about 4.5k a day normally, and 6k a day the week leading up to a comp (I do strongman, so im allowed all the food haha)

what I mean is, you should probably up them to around 1800 a day and see how that goes first, you dont want to drop them too low

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, JLawson90 said:

me personally no, well not precisely anyway .. I just know I'm around about 4.5k a day normally, and 6k a day the week leading up to a comp (I do strongman, so im allowed all the food haha)

what I mean is, you should probably up them to around 1800 a day and see how that goes first, you dont want to drop them too low

Wow that’s loads. Lucky 

1800  plus 200 when training? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Signup1 said:

Wow that’s loads. Lucky 

1800  plus 200 when training? 

I would yeah, track it closely and adjust from there .. you want to start as close to your maintenance calories as possible

and trust me, when you're trying to eat that much with relatively clean calories, it can sometimes be a chore forcing it down lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JLawson90 said:

I would yeah, track it closely and adjust from there .. you want to start as close to your maintenance calories as possible

and trust me, when you're trying to eat that much with relatively clean calories, it can sometimes be a chore forcing it down lol

Okay great. Cheers for that.

I can believe it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Signup1 said:

Wow that’s loads. Lucky 

1800  plus 200 when training? 

I'd say that's about right or an easier way to work things, 100g of carbs on non training and 150g on training days. 

Fat & protein are fine as they are, ideally get those carbs pre or post workout to help training and recovery. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

would be great to see your progress to. a lot of birds sign up get some advice and are never to be seen again.! 

to be fair i guess the same could be said for a lot of blokes too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TALBOTL said:

I'd say that's about right or an easier way to work things, 100g of carbs on non training and 150g on training days. 

Fat & protein are fine as they are, ideally get those carbs pre or post workout to help training and recovery. 

Thank you, will do that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, rbduk said:

would be great to see your progress to. a lot of birds sign up get some advice and are never to be seen again.! 

to be fair i guess the same could be said for a lot of blokes too 

I'll log my progress too if you like babe x 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rbduk said:

would be great to see your progress to. a lot of birds sign up get some advice and are never to be seen again.! 

to be fair i guess the same could be said for a lot of blokes too 

I’m planning to stick around, loads of great info here. 

Plus I’m ridiculously obsessed! More than happy to share my progress 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Signup1 said:

I’m planning to stick around, loads of great info here. 

Plus I’m ridiculously obsessed! More than happy to share my progress 

Good stuff get a journal going. Check out @anna1s if you need inspiration 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×