Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
paxman85.

Road to aesthetics

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Cronus said:

Problem is you have no idea of how strong you are getting on your accessory lifts over average period. I do not believe you can rely just on the progression of your compound lifts - I use to do the same and its the reason why my arms and shoulders were weak because I assumed my growth would come from just apply focus on the main lifts, which is true to a degree but not optimal imho. You should know how much stronger you are getting on your accessory lifts from each period of block of training 

Okay fair point mate, what about logging my first set on each isolation excercise (so the one where I’m least fatigued and can lift the most) and adding them in here.   I do have a notes page on my phone where I have all maxes and update that if I get a new max on any lift.   Also what do you think in regards to cutting or bulking?  I wanna be lean for my holiday in July I feel like it’s stil to early to do a proper cut but I could do a mini cut now and sort out my insulin sensitivity get to like 14% then start bulking again, all I could bare the fluffiness for now continue my bulk and do a proper cut starting in April

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, paxman85. said:

Okay fair point mate, what about logging my first set on each isolation excercise (so the one where I’m least fatigued and can lift the most) and adding them in here.   I do have a notes page on my phone where I have all maxes and update that if I get a new max on any lift.   Also what do you think in regards to cutting or bulking?  I wanna be lean for my holiday in July I feel like it’s stil to early to do a proper cut but I could do a mini cut now and sort out my insulin sensitivity get to like 14% then start bulking again, all I could bare the fluffiness for now continue my bulk and do a proper cut starting in April

I think you should log everything which helps you look at your programming and see where you are putting your intensity/or not putting it and where if any work, is just fluff/junk volume.

When I started really programming correctly, increasing reps and sets in a methodical manor and absolutely focusing on my execution, I saw my best gains. 

Checkout JeffJ log on here and look at he sets out his Workouts and rep schemes. Volume def wins overall imho, but doing phases of high intensity and lower volume def works and I think works even better when used interchangeably 

Regarding cut or bulking, depends entirely on you. If you gain weight really slow including fat, I'd probably mini cut now and then just carrying on lean bulking up till your holiday, so you look full. If I gained fat easy, I'd cut later on before the holiday, that;s just me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cronus said:

I think you should log everything which helps you look at your programming and see where you are putting your intensity/or not putting it and where if any work, is just fluff/junk volume.

When I started really programming correctly, increasing reps and sets in a methodical manor and absolutely focusing on my execution, I saw my best gains. 

Checkout JeffJ log on here and look at he sets out his Workouts and rep schemes. Volume def wins overall imho, but doing phases of high intensity and lower volume def works and I think works even better when used interchangeably 

Regarding cut or bulking, depends entirely on you. If you gain weight really slow including fat, I'd probably mini cut now and then just carrying on lean bulking up till your holiday, so you look full. If I gained fat easy, I'd cut later on before the holiday, that;s just me...

I gain weight  weight really slowly generally and I’m a pretty massive ecto morph.  My current condition is the highest bf % I’ve ever been in my life,  it’s also the strongest I’ve ever been and most muscle so its not too bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay did barbell BEnch for first time in about 3 months and could only do 90kg for 6 which is kinda rubbish

full workout

BB bench 90kg for 6/5/5 then 80 for 7/6 reps 

incline bench 70kg for 9 *3

decline machine bench 70kg for 8 * 3

dips 10kg for 12 then 2 sets bodyweight 

tricep pushdowns think I did 6 sets of these didn’t record numbers

 

im toying with the idea of a little mini cycle of some trt test then either an oral or Sarm, thinking maybe a mini cut first then try and blow up on the oral + test

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trained

weighted pull ups 20kg for 7 then a half rep for 8, really pleased with how these are progressing.    Then do 2 sets 15kg for 6, drop setted both with body weight pullups.

Machine rows

t bar rows 50kg for 8/6/6 , got some mild pain in my upper back from these today

lat pull downs 73kg for 8 4 sets

preacher curls 35kg for 10 then a load of sets of 30kg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/01/2020 at 5:44 PM, paxman85. said:

So medichecks gave me my results today,  all my health markers were normal two months after coming off and my test levels are actually at the high end of normal even though I’ve only come off less than 2 months ago which is a fu**ing relief.    

B53064CF-DE6B-4722-B29E-E634C48D9C0B.jpeg

Mate how did you send it back from these options I am going to take a test myself?

 

image.png.d309372b62bcd75635dd33f65b59fb90.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B3NCH1 said:

Mate how did you send it back from these options I am going to take a test myself?

 

image.png.d309372b62bcd75635dd33f65b59fb90.png

I originally did arrange your own sample collection but I couldn’t get my finger to bleed enough to collect a sample so I phoned them up payed an extra 25 to have it done my a nurse at a clinic then they just told me a phone number to ring and arrange an appointment to have blood so I rung that number and organized an appointment at a clinic that was like 15 min walk from me.   Also when they send you the test kit you get like a postage envelope to put the blood in once it’s collected then you just pop that in the post and they email you your results 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trained shoulders and legs

OHP 60kg for 5 then 55kg/50kg 2 sets each

Shouldwr press machine because there were no benches
 

lateral raises with 10kg for 12 reps 5 sets

squats, did some 60kg, 70kg, then 80kg for 6 and 85kg for 3

hack squats 50kg for 5*3

few sets of leg press at the end 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Cronus said:

I think you should look at a few articles on exercise selection and programming. I think you'll honestly get better gains in the future 

Any in particular you reccomend?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Chest and tris

42kg DB bench for 9/6

38kg DB bench for 8/8/8

34kg incline DB bench for 10/10/8

Delcine presss machine 30kg each side 10/10/10

10kg dips (need to bring my belt to test my strength on some heavier dips).   10/8

set of bodyweight dips

tricpe pushdowns 5 sets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wednesday
 

Shoulders  and legs

 

squats went up to 90kg for 3

40* 10 60 * 8 80 * 5 90 * 3

leg press up to 150kg For 5

OHP 60kg for 5 

DB shoulder press 28 * 8*4

4 sets lateral raises to failure with 12kg

 

yesterday 

Back and bis

weighted pull ups 20kg * 7

Deadlifrs up to 110kg for 5 ( lol)

T bar rows 

lat pulldowns
preacher curls

DB curls

Took this measurement just now so I’ve got a natty baseline reading for when I cycle again, don’t actually understand it though any help

1734D9BC-8A68-4A62-948E-A8D367C2A7B7.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2020 at 5:10 PM, paxman85. said:

 Chest and tris

42kg DB bench for 9/6

38kg DB bench for 8/8/8

34kg incline DB bench for 10/10/8

Delcine presss machine 30kg each side 10/10/10

10kg dips (need to bring my belt to test my strength on some heavier dips).   10/8

set of bodyweight dips

tricpe pushdowns 5 sets 

Did you really do like 14 sets in one session?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, paxman85. said:

What do you mean, that’s 21 sets, my normal volume is like 20ish sets per session

Oh okay I cant count, although I was counting the chest exercises. do you train each body part twice a week?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cronus said:

Oh okay I cant count, although I was counting the chest exercises. do you train each body part twice a week?

Yes, 3 days on 1 day off.   Do cardio on my off days.   Well technically that’s twice every 8 days,  I’m a uni student so it doesn’t matter much to me if my routine does match a 7 day working week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, paxman85. said:

Yes, 3 days on 1 day off.   Do cardio on my off days.   Well technically that’s twice every 8 days,  I’m a uni student so it doesn’t matter much to me if my routine does match a 7 day working week.

So that would be 40 sets a week for your push day. 

That's a lot of volume. Have you ever tried higher intensity and lower volume rounitnes?

I changed to this style of training and I had the best gains in last 18 months, Ill do only a total of 6-7 sets per session for chest and back, then 3-5 sets smaller muscle gorups- training upper, lower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×