swole troll

Performance enhancing drug discussion: Nandrolone

Use this thread to discuss, ask and answer questions regarding

Nandrolone (Deca, Npp) 

Nandrolone, also known as 19-nortestosterone, is an androgen and anabolic steroid which is used in the form of esters such as nandrolone decanoate and nandrolone phenylpropionate. Nandrolone esters are used in the treatment of anemias, cachexia, osteoporosis, breast cancer, and for other indications.

Esters:

• Caproate
  • Cyclohexanecarboxylate
  • Cyclohexylpropionate 
  • Cypionate
  • Furylpropionate
  • Hexyloxyphenylpropionate
  • Succinate
  • Laurate
  • Propionate
  • Sulfate
  • Undecanoate

Route of administration:

• Injection (intramuscular and subcutaneous) 
  • Eye drops

post your experiences with this compound in regards to:

cycle length, dosage and other compounds used if applicable.
side effects you physically noticed and blood work results.
how you rate the compound overall / comparisons to other compounds of similar nature, your overall gains vs the side effects.

(keep discussion largely centered to the subject matter, excessive derailing will be deleted) 

Incredibly synergistic with test. If you want to run a "base" but don't want high test (due to DHT and / or e2 issues) then nandrolone is a perfect addition - it's structurally very similar but is less androgenic, aromatises significantly less, but is more anabolic. Also known to be therapeutic in its ability to increase collagen synthesis and help with joints when training. I personally now settle on 300mg p/w with the same amount of test and use this as a base for more muscle building compounds.

Ran a few times. And will most likely be using again.

first time round was

300mg/week. NPP

ran for 10 weeks.

kick in is fairly quick. I looked more full/better pumps within 2 weeks. After 4 weeks you gaining more lbs. strength wasn’t as  incredible as far as my physique looked - very pumped, full and vascular.

i feel 300mg NPP to be to low a dose imo. 

400mg a week along with 1g test for about nearly 3 months. Strength was good. Weight always going up. You look good on this compound if you’re not super high in  body fat.

mild sides. I sweat a distinct smell from 19nors. Strangely not unpleasant, but noticeable lol.

i did get night sweats fairly heavy in it. Mood overall was pleasant. Not as good a most boost as other compounds I’ve used. But I do feel good on it. 

Overall, I like nandrolone for a few reasons.

1. I like short esters so it has NPP

2. Its actually fairly cheap.

3. Minimal ( for me ) mental sides

4. Sleep remained stable.

5. No comparison to tren as it’s not water down or it’s baby cousin. It’s nandrolone, and it makes you look PUMPED.

6. Quick kick in time. You’ll notice stuff quickly. 

And unless you’re going below 300mg a week ( see no point what so ever. 400-500mg - you can split that to 2x injections and notice nothing that effects gains or mood.

NPP is a great compound, very gentle on my sleep, hunger went up. Sex drive boost again. Low cost and for what you’re getting it’s worth it. The sides I got found easy to deal with and don’t see them as dampening what im gaining.

i highly regard this drug.

In for the read on this. Deca has been in and out of my plans for next blast a fair few times. But now it’s in and the deca is in the wardrobe ready. Current plan is only to run One deca cycle, maybe two depending how the first goes with a view to pack on decent amounts of mass. Plan for the first blast is high dose deca, slightly higher test. If it’s the only one I’m making the most out of it! 

11 hours ago, Darrenwins said:

Last time I ran test with deca I had severe deca dick for 8 months... I'm normal now, going to try another cycle soon but will have the deca dosage higher than test

including masteron or proviron would more than likely offset your problem with a dopamine agonist on hand like cabergoline or pramipexole should progesterone be the route cause 

generally the sides regarding libido and mental well being come from the conversion to DHN or dihydronandrolone and subsequent binding at the receptor

fortunately DHT binds stronger to this receptor and as such a decent dose of will in most cases nullify these side effects that 19nors can bring (tren is just a nandrolone derived, both derived from progesterone)  

this is why people will often suggest a 2:1 ratio of test to 19nor however this is a sloppy approach imo and opening you up to more sides from large doses of test to simply combat another side 

since all you are getting from the test is hopefully a decent amount of conversion to DHT (i say hopefully because who's to say more doesnt just convert to oestrogen and exacerbate sides) you're better off cutting out the middle man and just utilizing a DHT rather than leaving the conversion in the hands of your body 

this is where masteron or proviron comes in 

rather than taking for example 400mg deca and 800mg test you could take 400mg deca, 400mg test and 400mg masteron 
tbh you could probably get away with 250mg masteron since again we are not hoping on a successful conversion rate and instead just injecting what we want to combat the DHN binding

11 minutes ago, CS72 said:

What are differences between NPP and Deca, besides kick in time and more frequent injections ?

Mg per ml is less with npp vs deca 

Npp will clear quicker due to the shorter half life

Aside from that you've listed all the differences yet people go on like they're different drugs 

I can understand why you'd favour one over the other for specific reasons but once you're 6 weeks deep in either you won't be able to tell the difference

4 minutes ago, swole troll said:

Mg per ml is less with npp vs deca 

Npp will clear quicker due to the shorter half life

Aside from that you've listed all the differences yet people go on like they're different drugs 

I can understand why you'd favour one over the other for specific reasons but once you're 6 weeks deep in either you won't be able to tell the difference

Thanks for that.

Going to try Test 300 ,Deca 200 and 300 Masterone next cycle .

8 minutes ago, CS72 said:

Thanks for that.

Going to try Test 300 ,Deca 200 and 300 Masterone next cycle .

Personally I don't advise less than 400mg deca as your primary anabolic.

If 800mg is your total budget of hormone (for your own reasons and or concerns) then I'd suggest 200mg test, 200mg masteron and 400mg deca 

Would be a great low side cycle that you could pack a lot of size on if you eat, train and sleep right 

57 minutes ago, CS72 said:

swole troll,  I'd go lower if it would still benefit. 

Usually  just do 300 test 300 Mast then trt.

It's entirely your call I'm just saying that 400mg is a true world apart of 300mg of deca compared to say 400 to 500mg 

Deca really opens up at 400mg and is the most effective balance of minimum dosage and gains

Equally I don't see much point in going over 800mg 

That's just decas sweet spot ime (400 - 800mg) and many that I have spoken to on this very tried and tested hormone 

I appreciate using minimum effective dose, I've made threads about it and it really russled some jimmies but minimum effective is just that 

The lowest dose whilst still getting significant results 

47 minutes ago, Endomorph84 said:

Has anybody got any experiences where they have ran both.......

Test at TRT & Deca 400mg.

Test 600mg & Deca 400mg. 

Thanks

first scenario for me had erection issues. needed to run a moderate dose of masteron to keep sex possible, was 300mg/week mast.

second scenario is basically all I blast with now, either throwing in some var or winstrol @25-50 mg per day.

1 hour ago, Endomorph84 said:

Has anybody got any experiences where they have ran both.......

Test at TRT & Deca 400mg.

Test 600mg & Deca 400mg. 

Thanks

My first Test/Deca cycle was 300mg/450mg and was extremely side free with decent gains. Not as good as a Tren cycle but it was pleasant experience is the best way to describe it. 

1 hour ago, godsgifttoearth said:

first scenario for me had erection issues. needed to run a moderate dose of masteron to keep sex possible, was 300mg/week mast.

second scenario is basically all I blast with now, either throwing in some var or winstrol @25-50 mg per day.

Cheers mate.

Anybody else had experience with both?

For me Deca was by far the best drug for strength gains. Even when compared with Tren. 

Deca shuts you down badly though which should be a genuine consideration if you are cycling rather than B&C. 

Doubt I would use Deca again tho. The water retention is a pain as well. 

aside from the libido hit nandrolone is without doubt my favorite bulker 

really full 'swole' look, love the joint cushioning and general compliment to leverage from being just bigger in general on it 

mast for me is almost a must with deca just due to the DHN to DHT ratio and even then i still get some level of libido impact no matter what i do 

guess its because in the eyes of your body you are essentially pregnant (elevated progesterone and oestrogen assuming youre taking test) 

dosage im adamant on this; below 400mg you are really selling the drug short, im all for minimum effective dose and i believe this to be the case with nandrolone that going from 300 to 400mg is unbelievably better than going from 400 to 500mg 

the only time id ever suggest going below 400mg is if you had a third compound in the mix, particularly another progesterone derived hormone 

opposite end of the spectrum like i said in the tren thread "omitting open class bodybuilders" i dont see any benefit for 99% of people going over 800mg and thats not a goal to shoot for, thats a really high dose of nandrolone 

for most and myself included i feel 400-600mg is the sweet spot

ill tend to stick to 500-600 if its my primary anabolic or 400-500 if its my secondary like in one of my all time favorite stacks of test, nandrolone and equipoise where you get: 

test as the anchor, offering all the normal effects of testosterone in terms of mental health, libido ect 

deca as the primary anabolic for growth for the above mentioned reasons (ton of strength, good water retention, joint cushioning) 

equipoise to bolster the total mg of the stack without jacking up oestrogenic or progesterone related sides all while increasing vascularity, blood oxygenation levels and appetite 

Deca is the best bulking compound I have used. Gets you big and strong but you will get the bloated watery look along with it. I’m not sure how people can do a 12 week bulk on the likes of tren and the sides that come with it. I’d say deca is good side effect wise if dosages are kept on the low side (300-400mg). I got to my heaviest weight on 600mg test, 300mg deca and 50mg dbol.

2 hours ago, swole troll said:

aside from the libido hit nandrolone is without doubt my favorite bulker 

really full 'swole' look, love the joint cushioning and general compliment to leverage from being just bigger in general on it 

mast for me is almost a must with deca just due to the DHN to DHT ratio and even then i still get some level of libido impact no matter what i do 

guess its because in the eyes of your body you are essentially pregnant (elevated progesterone and oestrogen assuming youre taking test) 

dosage im adamant on this; below 400mg you are really selling the drug short, im all for minimum effective dose and i believe this to be the case with nandrolone that going from 300 to 400mg is unbelievably better than going from 400 to 500mg 

the only time id ever suggest going below 400mg is if you had a third compound in the mix, particularly another progesterone derived hormone 

opposite end of the spectrum like i said in the tren thread "omitting open class bodybuilders" i dont see any benefit for 99% of people going over 800mg and thats not a goal to shoot for, thats a really high dose of nandrolone 

for most and myself included i feel 400-600mg is the sweet spot

ill tend to stick to 500-600 if its my primary anabolic or 400-500 if its my secondary like in one of my all time favorite stacks of test, nandrolone and equipoise where you get: 

test as the anchor, offering all the normal effects of testosterone in terms of mental health, libido ect 

deca as the primary anabolic for growth for the above mentioned reasons (ton of strength, good water retention, joint cushioning) 

equipoise to bolster the total mg of the stack without jacking up oestrogenic or progesterone related sides all while increasing vascularity, blood oxygenation levels and appetite 

In terms of sex drive - does tren have the same negative impact as deca for you?? 

4 minutes ago, sitries said:

In terms of sex drive - does tren have the same negative impact as deca for you?? 

Yes although to a slightly lesser extent 

Progesterone derived hormones just hammer my libido 

I've tried every test to 19nor ratio there is and every imaginable dosing of masteron and or proviron and now just accept my libido won't be great when on 19nors 

No ed issues I can just take it or leave it as far as libido goes 

Nandrolone is horrible I can take almost anything at high doses but as soon as I take nandrolone I get loads of sides acne , moon face and I start crying at the tv lol , only thing I have to take anti e on so I just don’t bother think EQ is a better way to go than nandrolone my self