Sign in to follow this  
AncientOldBloke

my endo is an intelligent, practical compassionate human being

So I went to see my new endo this morning. Lovely guy. I trust him because he's obviously a sportsman as well as an endo; exactly what I was looking for.

£125 per consultation, no matter the issue. You're paying for his time @ £125 per visit.

Bloods are £25 each in-house test, so if 4+ tests are needed, probably better to go to medichecks.

SportyLookingEndoMan gave me a 1,000mg Nebido 'scrip (test undecanoate). 4ml sposed to be jabbed every 12-13 weeks = say 100 days. 1,000mg / 100 days = 10mg daily.

I went shopping at 8 pharmacies. They all quoted the same. Asda and Tesco were the cheapest, but only by a fiver. We are not allowed to discuss prices here.

Disheartened by the pharmacy price, I emailed him something like:

AoB: "Hey, you remember my parts and labour analogy and your retort that your competitor will prescribe any dose of anything his patients ask him for? Well,  your Nebi scrip dose averages out at 10mg daily. If I were to do 75mg  pw using my own methods, would you still keep me as a patient. In other words, I'll buy my own engine oil, filters, pads, sensors and you fit them and monitor the performance?"

Endo: "I have to monitor and diagnose you regardless. This my job - to look after you."

AoB:  "OK, in that case, 75mg pw aint gonna do s**t for me. I've done 150-180 and felt as I should. So I gonna start 150mg pw. You know I gonna do it anyway, right?"

Endo: "I must advise you NOT to do UGL. I cannot advise on UGL. I can only advise on blood work, then you, not me, will then have to adjust up or down."

AoB:  "One more thing. I gonna do one blast a year"

Endo: "Def come give bloods at start and end of blast. We will measure the damage you've done and how to return markers to normal"

WHAT A BRILLIANT GUY!!!! He is practical, kind, understanding and humane.

he just doing exactly what you paid him for - giving advise (whether you take it or not is up to you )

you cant work out nebido using math only it doesnt work that way as each individual breaks down/ uses test at differing rates  - a year of nebido @8 week intervals gave me a trough reading of 30nmol (i dropped it back to 10 weeks and now sit at around 23nmol )

more is not better with TRT

27 minutes ago, rbduk said:

1. Sounds ace! So how long till you’re back on? 

2. And you can discuss the prices of legit s**t, just jot illegal ugl s**t lol 

1. Maybe April I'll add 600 primo and 600 mast, up the cardio and cut out potato, rice and wheat. By my June shirtless holiday I'll be as Dame Judy as you, chap!

2. Nebido 1g is £210 from any UK pharmacy.

27 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

1. Maybe April I'll add 600 primo and 600 mast, up the cardio and cut out potato, rice and wheat. By my June shirtless holiday I'll be as Dame Judy as you, chap!

2. Nebido 1g is £210 from any UK pharmacy.

Expensive then! Perhaps the ugl and ends support is the way to go. 

You going on trt straight away then blasting April?

23 minutes ago, JoeShmoe999 said:

Is the prescription he gave you not an NHS one ? 

Correct.

It's on his thick posh A4 letterhead with his BMA number and carries his real signature and contact details.

(I don't want to be a branded cattle and go through the lengthy NHS system. But I don't wanna pay £210 x 4 a year either, so UGL plus paid consultation is my final decision)

47 minutes ago, rbduk said:

Expensive then! Perhaps the ugl and ends support is the way to go. 

You going on trt straight away then blasting April?

Cold turkey since June 2019. Test levels are at  3nm right now. Normal range is 12-15!!!

My 1st 150mg UGL was around midday today.

5 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Cold turkey since June 2019. Test levels are at  3nm right now. Normal range is 12-15!!!

My 1st 150mg UGL was around midday today.

Time to start feeling normal again! Be interesting to see how a trt dose affects training / body comp 

10 minutes ago, rbduk said:

Time to start feeling normal again! Be interesting to see how a trt dose affects training / body comp 

That's much later.

I'm more into the mental effect. If anyone gets a whiff of my increased brain fog, increased compassion, increased compliance but decreased aggression, then they won't hire me.

That's not good for a guy who hires out his brain for a living.

PS - you've only been here a few months so you only know the nice me hahahahaha!

2 hours ago, aqualung said:

he just doing exactly what you paid him for - giving advise (whether you take it or not is up to you )

you cant work out nebido using math only it doesnt work that way as each individual breaks down/ uses test at differing rates  - a year of nebido @8 week intervals gave me a trough reading of 30nmol (i dropped it back to 10 weeks and now sit at around 23nmol )

more is not better with TRT

I quite like the "fit and forget" one-month half life of undecanoate though.

Means you can blast on top of this base when required.

31 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Correct.

It's on his thick posh A4 letterhead with his BMA number and carries his real signature and contact details.

(I don't want to be a branded cattle and go through the lengthy NHS system. But I don't wanna pay £210 x 4 a year either, so UGL plus paid consultation is my final decision)

Great decision, AOB. 

1 hour ago, Sasnak said:

I’ll just leave this here. Another classic big vin thread :thumbup1:

Didn't read all 4 pages but I get the gist.

Seems everyone posting on the TRT section is in his own private hell.

Apart from @TALBOTL whose sense of smell seems to have developed and fine-tuned, lol !

1 minute ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Seems everyone posting on the TRT section is in his own private hell

The “low test” threads usually entertain me. Granted, there are a few genuine cases but in the main it’s people who don’t need trt or people that do because they knackered their own endogenous production up due to steroid abuse, as was the case of our vin.

When I read some of the threads I feel like I want to smash the authors head in with a hammer whilst shouting “how much does your low test bother you right now”

8 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

The “low test” threads usually entertain me. Granted, there are a few genuine cases but in the main it’s people who don’t need trt or people that do because they knackered their own endogenous production up due to steroid abuse, as was the case of our vin.

When I read some of the threads I feel like I want to smash the authors head in with a hammer whilst shouting “how much does your low test bother you right now”

From now on, each time I see a post by you or simply your name, I will have ‘Hammer time’ by MC Hammer playing in my head :axe:

The hammer references have been thick & fast from you lol. Much to my enjoyment 

11 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

The hammer references have been thick & fast from you lol. Much to my enjoyment

Today only.

@AncientOldBloke to explain, I jokingly stated in another thread to another member who was sourcing gear in person at the gym, unlike online, they could go back and smash the sources head in with a hammer if it was bunk. A few members commented that they’ve never seen me post anything violent before and were surprised at what I’d written so I’ve mischievously repeated it. I’ll be quiet now.

4 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Today only.

@AncientOldBloke to explain, I jokingly stated in another thread to another member who was sourcing gear in person at the gym, unlike online, they could go back and smash the sources head in with a hammer if it was bunk. A few members commented that they’ve never seen me post anything violent before and were surprised at what I’d written so I’ve mischievously repeated it. I’ll be quiet now.

It’s ok we all know you couldn’t use a hammer. Your matchstick arms wouldn’t be able to pick one up :whistling:

6 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Today only.

Be my guest. Carry on. Violence, terrorising and ne'er-do-welling solves many problems. It's right, it's natural and it is part of Man's history.

In fact I gonna post a violence-related thread in GenCon now.

7 hours ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Correct.

Fair enough but you could pay 200 quid to see an nhs endo privately and they’d give you an nhs prescription if all adds up

i did that (went in with the 2 x blood tests pre 9am , 3 weeks apart) and she wrote to my GP who then gave me a repeat nebido prescription 3 days later ...