Sign in to follow this  
comp07974

Anyone on here from warrington

7 hours ago, comp07974 said:

I second that

I third it, and i do live in Warrington. Stockton Heath is the place to go for a drink, nice village on the outskirts. Bit of a trek from Risley though.

34 minutes ago, Big_Me said:

I third it, and i do live in Warrington. Stockton Heath is the place to go for a drink, nice village on the outskirts. Bit of a trek from Risley though.

I went to a boozer called the Peacock tonight. One of the other lads from brum is with me tonight and after some beak? I will just ask around me

43 minutes ago, comp07974 said:

I went to a boozer called the Peacock tonight. One of the other lads from brum is with me tonight and after some beak? I will just ask around me

Not the best of pubs, but nothing else much doing around there. Stockton heath is approx. 5 miles from there, worth the journey although there wont be many out and about on a weds night, thurs a bit busier. plenty of beak to be found in warrington, wouldn't fancy going round asking the locals though!

55 minutes ago, Big_Me said:

Not the best of pubs, but nothing else much doing around there. Stockton heath is approx. 5 miles from there, worth the journey although there wont be many out and about on a weds night, thurs a bit busier. plenty of beak to be found in warrington, wouldn't fancy going round asking the locals though!

DM sent dude

38 minutes ago, vetran said:

Fck the pubs ,Get yourself in O,malleys gym ,it’s a proper old school gym run by the bodybuilding legend  Walter O Malley , well worth a visit :thumbup1:

I remember going to the NABBA Britain in the 70's and 80's and although I don't think Walter ever won, he always got the loudest cheers and was by far the most popular fella on stage. Very muscular, very vascular long before it was in vogue. The word 'legend' definitely fits. He also had an incredibly long career. 

hs10802.jpg

40 minutes ago, Fat Alex said:

old thread i know but o'malleys is my home gym, if anyone trains there or is gonna get down hit me up

How's he doing these days? I made a post further up about him being a legend of the sport and his longevity in the game is nothing short of amazing. 

1 minute ago, Fat Alex said:

biggest 81 year old ill ever lay my eyes upon too...

I remember he used to get to the NABBA Britain final every year and he always brought the house down. He was on a BBC2 documentary in the 70's where he shared a little too much about the role of steroids in bodybuilding much to the annoyance of the federation president. To be in that shape for that many years is just incredible. 

9 minutes ago, Fat Alex said:

biggest 81 year old ill ever lay my eyes upon too...

He's in this great video from the 1979 NABBA North West. Incredible chest and a great most muscular pose. Some other NABBA greats in there too. Great days. 

1 hour ago, Kazza61 said:

He's in this great video from the 1979 NABBA North West. Incredible chest and a great most muscular pose. Some other NABBA greats in there too. Great days. 

https://www.facebook.com/1379144862339116/posts/1379261035660832/?d=n

Facebook post from O’Malley’s gym in 2013 about a UKM post about their gym. Haha. 

4 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

Gordon Pasquill  Bill Tierney Roy Duvall

18 minutes ago, Substandard said:

Gordon Pasquill  Bill Tierney Roy Duvall

Wesley Imundi, Doug Thomola, Eddie McDonnagh. Graham Brogden. Considering it was just a regional show they all went on to do very well nationally and some internationally.

Do you remember Gordon Pasquill’s wife Bridget? She was incredible. 

12 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Wesley Imundi, Doug Thomola, Eddie McDonnagh. Graham Brogden. Considering it was just a regional show they all went on to do very well nationally and some internationally.

Do you remember Gordon Pasquill’s wife Bridget? She was incredible. 

Yes, I know Gordon quite well, entered his show back in the late 80s, wasnt sure if it was Vic or Wes..

Roy Duvall ended up doing the 80 Olympia 

5 minutes ago, Substandard said:

Yes, I know Gordon quite well, entered his show back in the late 80s, wasnt sure if it was Vic or Wes..

Roy Duvall ended up doing the 80 Olympia 

I’ve seen Gordon compete as a junior all the way through to the over 50’s. He was an exceptional poser. His missus (ex missus?) competed too and would always get the hall filled with wolf whistles. She was an incredibly sexy woman and won both Britain and Universe bikini titles.

Wes had great size and shape. Never seemed to get really cut but it was a really powerful looking physique. 

I always liked Roy Duvall and saw him compete and guest pose many times. Sad to say it but he did look out of place at that Olympia. He was far too white for that stage and that lightning.

2 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

I’ve seen Gordon compete as a junior all the way through to the over 50’s. He was an exceptional poser. His missus (ex missus?) competed too and would always get the hall filled with wolf whistles. She was an incredibly sexy woman and won both Britain and Universe bikini titles.

Wes had great size and shape. Never seemed to get really cut but it was a really powerful looking physique. 

I always liked Roy Duvall and saw him compete and guest pose many times. Sad to say it but he did look out of place at that Olympia. He was far too white for that stage and that lightning.

Roy apparently  dieted on just protein shakes all week then a bit of carbs at weekend