Sign in to follow this  
JasonCrossCountryRunner

BCAA weight gain (runner question)

Will a BCAA powder make me gain weight? I mean this in the same way as creatine does, which when I took that I got really heavy and a bit fat in the space of a week. I’m not overly concerned about a small gain of lean muscle mass.

I thought you guys would be the ones to answer this question as bodybuilders always know their diet and supplement shizzle.

I’m a cross country runner hence not wanting to gain weight. I’m also a vegetarian. I have a very healthy diet and  but thought a BCAA drink might help with muscle repair and make up for the gaps in my veggie diet. 

On 29/08/2019 at 4:13 PM, JasonCrossCountryRunner said:

Will a BCAA powder make me gain weight? I mean this in the same way as creatine does, which when I took that I got really heavy and a bit fat in the space of a week. I’m not overly concerned about a small gain of lean muscle mass.

I thought you guys would be the ones to answer this question as bodybuilders always know their diet and supplement shizzle.

I’m a cross country runner hence not wanting to gain weight. I’m also a vegetarian. I have a very healthy diet and  but thought a BCAA drink might help with muscle repair and make up for the gaps in my veggie diet. 

As said above no. Its just 3 of the amino acids in protein. I wouldnt bother with bcaas regardless. 

Eaas may help more depending on training time.