Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Patmuscle

Nebido

Recommended Posts

Hello lads,

My docter subcreibed me Nebido for my TRT regime cause i dont go well with sustanon and the gels. She said u can pin it 4 ml in 1 time or 1 ml 1 week and 1 week off.

Can i pin 1 ml in my delts with this form of testosteron?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

as i said its meant to be used every 8-12 weeks - thats the whole point of it (less injections)

ive heard of ppl using it off label every 1/2 weeks but im not sure how/if that would affect levels as it not labeled for use that way by the manufacturer.

nebido is supposed to have a 6 week booster @4ml (1000mg) to help build stable levels faster  .i.e you get your first shot then 6 weeks later you get another then 8-12 week after from then on.

what problems were you having with sust? , if you wanted something made of 1 ester you could inject anywhere every 2 weeks you should have asked your doc for test e or c .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem is i dont wanna inject 4 ml in 1 shot, isnt that a huge amount of testosteron boost that comes with sides? i rahter inject small dosises instead of huge amount in 1 time to mimic side effects.

I dont go along with sust i feel terrible on it and really bad pip. And i asked my doc for test c or e but they only have gels sust en nebido in the europe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ive been having nebido injections for about 8 yrs now @4 ml in one shot with no problems, afaik everyone on here (there are a few) get there nebido in one shot with no problems.

yes its classed as a large injection but its slow release means you dont get any sides in very many people (i get an increase in e2 for a week or so but nothing to be bothered about and it causes me no problems - any test injection is going to give an e2 spike)

it sound lke you are injecting yourself  - go to your GP and let one of the nurse do it  -tbh i know of no one on here that does it themselves and theres no need to.

the people who want to spilt nebido have usually been reading U.S forums where they try to micro manage every little thing and end up taking more medication for no reason other than to line the private companys pockets  , they usually end up causing themselves more problems.

generally the best way to use medication is the way it was engineered to be used - i.e every 8-12 weeks .

any pain you felt from sust was prob from poor injection technique more than anything else  this is why its a better idea for a nurse who is trained to do it  .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thx for the reply bro, im gonna inject the nebido this week 2 ml to see how i go and after 1 week the second 2 ml. Then the next shot i will dose it at 4 ml in 1 time.

But when i take blood should i take the blood 1 week prior the next pin right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you want to get your bloods taken the day before your next injection, this will give you your trough (lowest) level .

nebido takes sometime to build up (most ppl take at least 3-4 4ml shots to stabilize - this can mean 6 months or more due to the 8-12 week interval)

i started off on 12 week intervals and had a 6 weeks booster , after those first 2 shots my levels were about 12nmol and my protocol was dropped to 8 weeks which gave me a trough of 22/3 nmol after6 or so shots - after using this for about 5 yr my trough went up to almost 30nmol and i dropped it back to 10 week intervals which puts me back to 22/3 nmol.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tbh i think ive had 1 injection in 8 yrs that felt like a bee sting for about an hr after (still not sure what caused this)

other that that no pain at all , all my injection have been done by a nurse in the glutes  , if you do get any pain its usually down to poor injection technique.

the only other thing i can add is i can feel some 'pressure' as its being done but this goes as soon as the injection has finished.

as i said before (i dont know if you are in the UK or not - just get a nurse to do it for you , if your country generally doesnt do this then still ask a doctor if one of them or a nurse can do the shot a few times and you can ask any questions to make sure you get it right (some people trying to pin a glute on their own will go in at an angle-the nurse can point /correct you on this )

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/08/2019 at 10:13 AM, aqualung said:

you want to get your bloods taken the day before your next injection, this will give you your trough (lowest) level .

nebido takes sometime to build up (most ppl take at least 3-4 4ml shots to stabilize - this can mean 6 months or more due to the 8-12 week interval)

i started off on 12 week intervals and had a 6 weeks booster , after those first 2 shots my levels were about 12nmol and my protocol was dropped to 8 weeks which gave me a trough of 22/3 nmol after6 or so shots - after using this for about 5 yr my trough went up to almost 30nmol and i dropped it back to 10 week intervals which puts me back to 22/3 nmol.

Wow, my endo didn't like my test levels at 20...wants them at 12-15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14/08/2019 at 5:54 AM, aqualung said:

 

as i said before (i dont know if you are in the UK or not - just get a nurse to do it for you , if your country generally doesnt do this then still ask a doctor if one of them or a nurse can do the shot a few times and you can ask any questions to make sure you get it right (some people trying to pin a glute on their own will go in at an angle-the nurse can point /correct you on this )

Do you just make an appointment with the nurse, take the stuff along (inc needles?) and tell them what you need done ? And they do it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JoeShmoe999 said:

Do you just make an appointment with the nurse, take the stuff along (inc needles?) and tell them what you need done ? And they do it ?

i just get the nebido script myself and book an appointment with a nurse - they supply the needles etc (NHS ) - i usually just tell them its for a testosterone injection , again im not sure if you are in the UK or what the practices of any other country are - make sure they give it in the glute ( if they manage to get 4ml in your leg it will cripple you ) - the paperwork with the nebido/and /or on the nebido site tells you 4ml in glute.

* ask the nurse to put the vial in hot water for a few mins before they inject it - the stuff is like glue otherwise - hot water makes it easier to use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, landerson said:

Wow, my endo didn't like my test levels at 20...wants them at 12-15

the BBSM guidelines we quote so much on here tell the endo/uro the aim for a level of at least 15n/mol    ( this is the cut off point - once the endo has hit this level if the patient is still experiencing any symtoms after the TRT trial its not classed as a problem caused by deficiency )

*even though the cutoff point is 12nmol for someone to get a TRT trial the endo aiming for a level of 15 is to rule out deficiency related problems as above .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aqualung said:

i just get the nebido script myself and book an appointment with a nurse - they supply the needles etc (NHS ) - i usually just tell them its for a testosterone injection , again im not sure if you are in the UK or what the practices of any other country are - make sure they give it in the glute ( if they manage to get 4ml in your leg it will cripple you ) - the paperwork with the nebido/and /or on the nebido site tells you 4ml in glute.

* ask the nurse to put the vial in hot water for a few mins before they inject it - the stuff is like glue otherwise - hot water makes it easier to use.

Yeah I’m in the UK (edinburgh) - going to see an Endio privately week after next after being referred by GP as test level was 6 in both tests. GPs view is endio will likely prescribe me Nebido. I certainly hope she does anyway as I don’t want the gel . Did you get prescription from an endio or via an online site or via some other means (DM me if not appropriate to share )

assume too if you book the apptmts yourself you can follow the dosage  protocol as recommend by Bayer? Inc the front loading ?

tks for advice ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, JoeShmoe999 said:

Yeah I’m in the UK (edinburgh) - going to see an Endio privately week after next after being referred by GP as test level was 6 in both tests. GPs view is endio will likely prescribe me Nebido. I certainly hope she does anyway as I don’t want the gel . Did you get prescription from an endio or via an online site or via some other means (DM me if not appropriate to share )

assume too if you book the apptmts yourself you can follow the dosage  protocol as recommend by Bayer? Inc the front loading ?

tks for advice ?

my diagnosis (mixed primary+secondary hypogonadism) was done by an NHS uro who also prescribed first gel then nebido , after about 9 months i was discharged into my GP's care.

your GP (if you have an NHS script/diagnosis ) should be monitoring you once/twice a year with testosterone/FBC/PSA tests

dont get into the mindset of 'more is better' as far as TRT is concerned -its not , higher numbers mean more chance of complications, you want to be running the lowest values you can get away with and be healthy.

*me changing from an 8 week to a 10 week protocol was done on my own request after speaking with my GP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aqualung said:

my diagnosis (mixed primary+secondary hypogonadism) was done by an NHS uro who also prescribed first gel then nebido , after about 9 months i was discharged into my GP's care.

your GP (if you have an NHS script/diagnosis ) should be monitoring you once/twice a year with testosterone/FBC/PSA tests

dont get into the mindset of 'more is better' as far as TRT is concerned -its not , higher numbers mean more chance of complications, you want to be running the lowest values you can get away with and be healthy.

*me changing from an 8 week to a 10 week protocol was done on my own request after speaking with my GP

tsk, is it a repeat prescription they give you? did the NHS uro do the injections / monitoring the first 9 months?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the endo/uro does the testing and diagnosis (it doesnt matter how many tests you've had before , the endo/uro will want to do their own -and they should)

the endo/uro usually gives you a prescription request to take to your GP  , a nurse will give the injection in your GP practice.

you usually stay with the endo/uro until your levels are stable then are discharged to the care of your GP (your GP will get instructions from the endo/uro)

yes prescription is repeat , TRT is for life.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×