Sign in to follow this  
drwae

Unable to get 6 pack?

I've never had a 6 pack in my life I've tried to get it this summer I've been on a diet for about 8 weeks now. I've lost a lot of weight to the point where friends I haven't seen in a while the first thing they say is 'are you alright you've lost a lot of weight'

But I don't have any visible abs at all, I've got fat nowhere on my body except my stomach now, could it be because I used to be an obese teenager?

Abs are not necessarily achievable for everyone. The stomach is the first place weight goes on and the last place it comes off like a puddle drying out. Training them helps. My natural frame is very long and lean and I struggle to get much more than the top ab visible. Problem you’ll have is you can end up looking ill in pursuit of them

1 minute ago, Sasnak said:

Abs are not necessarily achievable for everyone. The stomach is the first place weight goes on and the last place it comes off like a puddle drying out. Training them helps. My natural frame is very long and lean and I struggle to get much more than the top ab visible. Problem you’ll have is you can end up looking ill in pursuit of them

Yeah starting to look like a fu**ing junkie got a gaunt face and everything and still some stomach fat

50 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

The stomach is the first place weight goes on and the last place it comes off like a puddle drying out.

Not for everyone. 

I think I hold fat on my ass and lower outta pecs, abs are almost always there but I definitely have subcutaneous fat(under the ab muscles). 

Everyone is different. 

7 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Not for everyone. 

I think I hold fat on my ass and lower outta pecs, abs are almost always there but I definitely have subcutaneous fat(under the ab muscles). 

Everyone is different. 

My outer pecs are the last place to go.  I’ve been low enough to have visible abs but always had some pec fat left.  

Staying this lean is unsustainable for me. Makes look and feel I’ll lol.  I like my food too much!

The thicker your abs are the more they show even at higher body fat. If they aren’t getting enough work from compounds then add weighted ab work. Your waist will thicken from front to back but who gives a f**k will look far better from the front 

1 hour ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Not for everyone. 

Everyone is different. 

Agreed. Should have put for most.

Very person dependant . At highish bf and a bit of carb bloat,  I get that turtle shell look quite easily which looks equally stupid. I do separate ab work done. I don't agree with my fellow forum members in that the  compounds are enough for abs and isolation work is not needed. One could equally argue on that line on reasoning there is  no need for separate  bis and Tris . Each to their own though, Depends on the look your after through. ;)

I have to get down to single digits to really have a full 6 pack, talking starting to see seperation between muscles and s**t. I do believe everyone can get one, but for a lot of people it's not sustainable.

If you fall into the above category, you could always consider lipo. Expensive, but we spend a lot on drugs anyway and if you have abdominal contouring done a lot of the fat cells are removed which makes the results semi-permanent (i.e. the fat cells that are there can still increase in volume, but overall you'll store less fat in the area for the rest of your life compared to what you used to).

9 hours ago, nWo said:

I have to get down to single digits to really have a full 6 pack, talking starting to see seperation between muscles and s**t. I do believe everyone can get one, but for a lot of people it's not sustainable.

If you fall into the above category, you could always consider lipo. Expensive, but we spend a lot on drugs anyway and if you have abdominal contouring done a lot of the fat cells are removed which makes the results semi-permanent (i.e. the fat cells that are there can still increase in volume, but overall you'll store less fat in the area for the rest of your life compared to what you used to).

Agreed with lipo . Plus you can inject the excess fat in your bum and get that dream bootie @drwae x

Quite common.

Means you have to get far lower BF% than some others.

Also means you need to have the more muscle mass overall, to not look small/thin/gaunt etc everywhere else.

Bigger and leaner - basically. 

I have mad striations all over my shoulders etc before even a 4 pack. 

26 minutes ago, anna1 said:

Not at a Greek public hospital.

you have to bribe everyone in site though and carry your own fat around in a cooler before it’s reinjected x

Thanks I’ll google it. 

48 minutes ago, rbduk said:

Is LiPo expensive?

6k UK

3k Poland

3k Istanbul

2k Bangkok

(Benefit: lipo removes fat cells. So they can;t grow. When ypou eat too much, your fat cells grow. Thefore 50% of the fat loss job is to shrink fat cell size  via diet and the other 50% is for the stubborn areas - to make the fat cells simply not exist.) Fat cell be gwaan noh!

10 minutes ago, anna1 said:

That’s lovely. Makes a splashy sound when it’s slapped :D x

I don't want no splashy sounds or wobble.

I want rock-hard twin footballs, shining brightly like a beacon in the dark world of flat-butted mediocrity.

I want chicks to leave snail trails on the sidewalk when they walk behind me; mesmerised by the magnificence of my butt.

Ooooh! Did I write that? GTG. Have to do a sudden and impromptu, unplanned 5x10 hip thrust workout immediately!

38 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

6k UK

3k Poland

3k Istanbul

2k Bangkok

(Benefit: lipo removes fat cells. So they can;t grow. When ypou eat too much, your fat cells grow. Thefore 50% of the fat loss job is to shrink fat cell size  via diet and the other 50% is for the stubborn areas - to make the fat cells simply not exist.) Fat cell be gwaan noh!

I was in a clinic in BKK (i live in Bangkok) and they did not want to do it as there was not enough fat to be removed. They told me the result would not be nice.