Sign in to follow this  
SILV3RBACK

Are Sky ripping me off?

They're all gangsters 

If you have virgin in your area they're doing a £99 deal, phone line, 500 mbps broadband, 2 v6 boxes, movies, sports including BT sports and an unlimited sim card 

New customers get a free gift, seems to change every day 

They are fu**ing s**t mate they start off ok then creep the bill up gradually hoping you never notice, this post reminds me I need to ring the cu**s as discovered a few weeks ago mine creeped up from 50 a month to 85 over last year and a half, lost my online banking as kept putting wrong password in so haven’t checked bank in ages so never noticed it happening they are cu**s mate

what you need is a vpn  nord is fine and very cheap and dl so your provider can't catch you.

Megabox HD for free movies and tv shows

mobdro for free everything

Swiftstreamz for free everything

live net TV for free everything

Red BoxTV for free everything

this is going to cost you about 2 quid a month for the vpn. everything else is free :)

They're all robbing bastards. Think how many customers there are in the UK paying over 80a month and you understand how they can pay £2bn to air football and then you understand why footballers are paid so much - because the general public pay sky and virgin so much 

Work it out by service:

phone line (assuming you mean landline?), worthless, who even bothers with a landline in 2019?  If mobile, depends on package.
broadband - £30
basic channels and movies - £30

I'd bin em off, go with another streaming provider and f**k sky.

22 hours ago, boutye911 said:

I have sky q, broadband, phone line with basic channels and the kids channels. All for £38 per month. Was £90 and cancelled for a week. Came back with that offer. 

Were you able to cancel and then come back with that offer?  We need Sky Q as one of our boxes if failing to download!

I told them I wanted to cancel as it was too expensive. They said they would shut it down the end of the month. A few weeks later they phoned offering me the deal. Was never intending to cancel but it worked. Phone them and tell them it’s too expensive. They will usually make it cheaper for you.

1 hour ago, boutye911 said:

I told them I wanted to cancel as it was too expensive. They said they would shut it down the end of the month. A few weeks later they phoned offering me the deal. Was never intending to cancel but it worked. Phone them and tell them it’s too expensive. They will usually make it cheaper for you.

Will do.  I won't threaten to cancel as they might call my bluff, all we do is watch Sky tv.

One word IPTV (or acronym!)

I had sky full package for 15 years plus unbroken. Switched to IPTV a few years ago and would rather stab my own eyeballs out than ever use sky again.

I get all PPVs free , all 3pm kick offs. Pretty much every major sporting event happening worldwide + tons more channels and it costs around a 10th of sky.

In fact I wouldn't swap for sky even if sky was same price. It's an absolute rip off. 

Free EE broadband and IPTV, PLEX with VPN 

£70 for the lot per year 

Full sky, ppv, all 3pm football etc plus another 1000+ channels 

Plex gives you all films and TV series with one click in HD 

1 hour ago, MickeyE said:

One word IPTV (or acronym!)

I had sky full package for 15 years plus unbroken. Switched to IPTV a few years ago and would rather stab my own eyeballs out than ever use sky again.

I get all PPVs free , all 3pm kick offs. Pretty much every major sporting event happening worldwide + tons more channels and it costs around a 10th of sky.

In fact I wouldn't swap for sky even if sky was same price. It's an absolute rip off. 

Hardware wise what is needed for IPTV?