PinkPowerRanger

First Timer Advice

Hi Everyone! 

I’m starting my journey to the stage from a Strongwoman background and thought I’d jump on here for some help and guidance.

Ive been lifting for many years but this appears to be an incredibly different kettle of fish. 

I was aiming to compete at PCA first timers in hull but I fear I’m running out of time. 

Realistically what is possible in 11weeks? I’m about 5ft4 and 150lbs with mature muscle.

alternatively a week later (making it 12) there is a PCA show in London which is preferred as it’s closer, however it’s not a first timers class. 

Do you think this would be a big disadvantage to me? 

I love the figure toned class, and would love to be bigger but before I had my holiday a coach told me I’d be well suited for this category.

if I can give you any more details let me know. Happy to oblige, I’ve been lifting for around 20 years

For finance reasons I can’t afford a coach so your insights and input will be taken onboard and are greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks 

Without seeing a pic its hard to tell what is possible in 11 weeks. 12 weeks is a standard prep time tbh.

I know myself I could make a lot happen in 11 weeks, it is a very long time IMO and im an all or nothing kind of person, I guess you are too having competed in strongman, I used too as well.

To me first timers is about going through the motions of a prep, getting as lean as possible and understanding carb loading and water & sodium manipulation.

You could look the best you've ever looked 2 weeks out from a show, but if you don't take time to learn and understand how the human body (and yours) responds to the factors above then it could all be for nothing as you could be a flat watery mess come show day. Its such a fine line.

5 hours ago, PinkPowerRanger said:

Hi Everyone! 

I’m starting my journey to the stage from a Strongwoman background and thought I’d jump on here for some help and guidance.

Ive been lifting for many years but this appears to be an incredibly different kettle of fish. 

I was aiming to compete at PCA first timers in hull but I fear I’m running out of time. 

Realistically what is possible in 11weeks? I’m about 5ft4 and 150lbs with mature muscle.

alternatively a week later (making it 12) there is a PCA show in London which is preferred as it’s closer, however it’s not a first timers class. 

Do you think this would be a big disadvantage to me? 

I love the figure toned class, and would love to be bigger but before I had my holiday a coach told me I’d be well suited for this category.

if I can give you any more details let me know. Happy to oblige, I’ve been lifting for around 20 years

For finance reasons I can’t afford a coach so your insights and input will be taken onboard and are greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks 

Post a picture of your current condition. Without it I would just be guessing. 

As above, really need to see where you are currently at to provide a good assessment.

With that said, I much prefer to see women diet down over longer periods of time; 16-24 weeks. Much slower approach, food higher and not over doing cardio. 

I’m not sure your previous diet experience but you need to be much more in tune with your hormones the closer you get but especially post show.