jay1985

building muscle in your 30s

4 minutes ago, Endomorph84 said:

No mate, its only diminishing returns the day you turn 30 im afraid. Your body knows!!

If you lie on your gym application you might be able to get around it.

ha good idea 

I've been able to build muscle much easier in my 30's than in my 20's.  Staying lean is what has proven more challenging.  I have had to manage fat with proper nutrition now more than ever.  No more daily ice cream...   In my opinion, from 30-35 is probably the strongest most men will ever be.   

1 minute ago, Smitch said:

I was at my strongest and in my best shape late 30's.

Now i'm just fvcked. :lol:

Get back on the meat and juice bro, be a  beast again in no time.

6 minutes ago, Matt6210 said:

Get back on the meat and juice bro, be a  beast again in no time.

Knackered my shoulder so i just can't lift as much any more mate, it's a right pain in the arse.

Been back down the gym a month or so now but my shoulder just can't take the weight. It's weird, because when i'm doing pull exercises it's not so bad but any push stuff is a nightmare. Overhead stuff i can only do with machines, the instability of free weights like DB's or a bar is too dodgy right now, fortunately my gym has all Hammer Strength machines so there's some good kit in there but it's gonna take a long time to build up the muscle around my shoulder to support it.

Regarding the meat though, i definitely think it's easier building muscle while being a meat eater, maintaining on a veggie diet once you've built it is OK but now i've lost the muscle i can see how hard it is starting from scratch just getting protein from plant based sources.  Missus wants kids soon so juice is a no go right now, if she approved i'd be smashing the test in a heartbeat though :lol:

Yes. Resistance training combined with proper nutrition at any age would help with progression in both strength and muscle growth. Muscle adaptation process can occur thru out the life span.

Yes, 

On 03/07/2019 at 5:14 PM, jay1985 said:

not been training to long

Your age and the fact you have not trained so long are in your favour, you should see good muscle development with hard consistent training, diet and sleep.

Wish I was in the same boat :)

53 minutes ago, JohnnySack said:

but stronger in your thirties

Depends when you start lifting and how serious you take it. If an olympic lifter start lifting in his teens I doubt they will get any PR's in there 30's. I don't think from a biological point of view (unless you know otherwise) that you have any physical advantage in your 30's compared to your 20's. 

Yes I am 50 and am in the best shape of my life. Nutrition has to be spot on but I am stronger now and train and do cardio 6 days a week.

Just done my first show and am 4 weeks out from UKDFBA British. If I can do it anyone can as I certainly don't have good genetics but work hard. :)

UKDFBA.msg

Your 30's are your best years IMO,so use that time very wisely.....especially in terms of training smart,so as you do not carry injuries into  your 40's and beyond.I'm 48 in September and i'm still training hard,its mostly maintaining what i've got,by keeping things simple and keeping my diet on point,but,while i'm about 5kg down on the physique i had 10 years ago,i look pretty decent by any standard.Basically,adjust....but do not let age be a barrier,keep it enjoyable,and always have aims and goals.  

yes anyone can building muscle at any age follow these steps 

Make Mobility a top priority

do compound exercises for strength and muscle mass 

listen to your body 

drink a lot of water