UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

DPD

477 views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  BLUE(UK) 
#1 ·
So, ordered some of the MaxiMuscle protein bars that someone posted about last week. 8 and a bit squid for 12 bars. Bargain. DPD gave me my delivery window for between 09-40 -10-40 so re-scheduled my training for this morning.

Receive an email from MM at 10-45am to say DPD were unable to deliver so returned to depot blah blah. Contacted MM, explained I've been in all morning and changed plans to suit delivery. Told them no ones been here. Guy at MM said he would contact DPD to find out what's happening.

He called back and said that the delivery driver had taken a wrong turning. I thought 'what, and he just sacks off the delivery? Bell end!' DPD told MM that the guy finishes at 2-30pm so will 'try' (yeah exactly) to re-deliver at 3pm. I asked if that means it will be at 3pm. MM said DPD said he would also try to re-deliver in between if he could. Eh??

Can't for the life of me understand why just because they made a wrong turning, why not check postcode again (on the satellite instruction that most delivery vans will have) and drive to correct address.

DPD are fcuking useless. Each time I've ordered a product, regardless what type of product, when I see DPD as the delivery service, I physically do a sideshow Bob shudder (from the Simpson's). Hermes are spackers as well

Yodel are decent. Rant not over as I hold resentments :rage:

See less See more
#2 ·
I've never had an issue when I get the delivery window I always change the option to leave it at a safe place if I'm not in, no issues with dpd myself.

Yodel on other hand I've had a few issues with. I once purchased some glass items and when the lad arrived at the door the box was bashed to fvck like @LeeDaLifter and his fridge, items definitely fvcked inside.

He couldn't understand why I wouldnt sign and take the delivery. :lol:

#8 ·
Lesson learnt mate.

I always get things delivered to a shop where possible, usually the sainsburys/ argos (or another shop) by my work as i drive past it everyday on the way. Odds on, they will be taking other packages there anyway - no excuses that way, no waiting around, never had a problem.
Yeah, I've started doing this for other things. Was going to change it this morning but realised I would have to wait till tomorrow. As I'm on reduced calories & have been for over the last 2-3 weeks, I wanted something sweet today. If I'd gone to Tesco without knowing these bars were coming, it would've been like a Wild West shoot out in the confectionery aisle!!

They just arrived so I now think DPD are mint. All is forgiven. Where's my pacifier......

#11 ·
I've got a mate who worked for Hermes and he says all the companies are the same - you've got a shitload of drops to do in your day and an average of a few minutes per drop, with some taking longer meaning you have to really hurry the f**k up with others so you stay on schedule and don't get a bollocking from management. So he was probably running behind schedule and missed his turning so decided to skip you.

#15 · (Edited by Moderator)
Cherry Pepsi max is amazing and a god send.... summertime usually always have a large bottle chilled in the fridge.

DPD are one of the best, Yodel are scum lol I detest them so much if a shop uses yodel and dont offer any other delivery courier I just dont order with them. When I see a yodel van I have the urge to piss up its wheels

#16 ·
Cherry Pepsi max is amazing and a god send.... summertime usually always have a large bottle chilled in the fridge.

DPD are one of the best, Yodel are scum lol I detest them so much if a shop uses yodel and dont offer any other delivery courier I just dont order with them. When I see a yodel van I have the urge to piss up its wheels
Strong yodel hate bro

#17 ·
So, ordered some of the MaxiMuscle protein bars that someone posted about last week. 8 and a bit squid for 12 bars. Bargain. DPD gave me my delivery window for between 09-40 -10-40 so re-scheduled my training for this morning.

Receive an email from MM at 10-45am to say DPD were unable to deliver so returned to depot blah blah. Contacted MM, explained I've been in all morning and changed plans to suit delivery. Told them no ones been here. Guy at MM said he would contact DPD to find out what's happening.

He called back and said that the delivery driver had taken a wrong turning. I thought 'what, and he just sacks off the delivery? Bell end!' DPD told MM that the guy finishes at 2-30pm so will 'try' (yeah exactly) to re-deliver at 3pm. I asked if that means it will be at 3pm. MM said DPD said he would also try to re-deliver in between if he could. Eh??

Can't for the life of me understand why just because they made a wrong turning, why not check postcode again (on the satellite instruction that most delivery vans will have) and drive to correct address.

DPD are fcuking useless. Each time I've ordered a product, regardless what type of product, when I see DPD as the delivery service, I physically do a sideshow Bob shudder (from the Simpson's). Hermes are spackers as well

Yodel are decent. Rant not over as I hold resentments :rage:
I was told that the drivers have to follow the route given to them regardless, even if it turns out there is an accident or temporary road closure, they'll be hauled in to explain why they deviated off the route. Power hungry management arseholes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.