ironmaneye

Who trains neck ?

1 hour ago, monkeybiker said:

Wrestlers and boxers 

I used to do Olympic Wrestling when I was younger and spent a lot of time on neck training. As @BLUE(UK) says, it really does respond to training very quickly. As well as wrestler's bridge, I used the weight on the forehead off a bench and also the weight hanging from a chain linked to a webbing thing that fits over your head. 

Upright rows work as well for the neck as the delts - or they do for me anyway. 

1 hour ago, Kazza61 said:

I used to do Olympic Wrestling when I was younger and spent a lot of time on neck training. As @BLUE(UK) says, it really does respond to training very quickly. As well as wrestler's bridge, I used the weight on the forehead off a bench and also the weight hanging from a chain linked to a webbing thing that fits over your head. 

Upright rows work as well for the neck as the delts - or they do for me anyway. 

I've tried neck training but I never end up sticking with it. I tried manual resistance by pushing against my hands and them old bullworker things were good for neck training you just push down on it with your chin using your hands as a bit of a cushion for your chin.

When I was younger and spend 1.5 to 2hours fannying around the gym , forearm curls etc 

Then realised it was pointless and just focused on big compound lifts . Less than half the time now and far better progress.