Sign in to follow this  
GymClassHero

Help with employment law

I’ve recently left a job because the employer was a compete t**t basically, always paying late etc. I’m due pay on the 31st and I know they will be assholes about it. I’ve written down all my rights, calculated to the penny what I am owed including holiday pay . What are my rights? I went in today as my pay date is the last Friday of every month. The owner says it will be paid Sunday, I replied that Sunday is in fact the 2nd and Friday is the final day. To which she replied oh you’ll be paid tomorrow then. It just smacks of her looking to f**k me about. I’ve just put a deposit on a house so I’m not in a position to be owed money.

any help appreciated.

50 minutes ago, GymClassHero said:

I’ve recently left a job because the employer was a compete t**t basically, always paying late etc. I’m due pay on the 31st and I know they will be assholes about it. I’ve written down all my rights, calculated to the penny what I am owed including holiday pay . What are my rights? I went in today as my pay date is the last Friday of every month. The owner says it will be paid Sunday, I replied that Sunday is in fact the 2nd and Friday is the final day. To which she replied oh you’ll be paid tomorrow then. It just smacks of her looking to f**k me about. I’ve just put a deposit on a house so I’m not in a position to be owed money.

any help appreciated.

Being a complete and being inept at payroll are different things. Speak to ACAS as you may have a case for constructive dismissal.

BUT you still have a right to be paid, so ask them to pay you the amount owed. If they don’t, small claims court?

Employment tribunal or small claims would be your recourse if it came to it. 

I'd be tempted by the ET route.

*if it actually came to it and they deliberately withhold.