Sign in to follow this  
StellaArtois

Supplements for a boxer

On 30/05/2019 at 9:49 PM, StellaArtois said:

Thinking of using creatine, I’m in a low weight category and from what I’ve gathered can make you gain water weight, am I better of using beta aline over the creatine ? 

I've never been very convinced about the benefits of creatine, but it is cheap do no real loss. Yes I tend to hold water on it but I can lose it in a few days of stopping. 

12 minutes ago, StellaArtois said:

What’s the benefits of beta aline ? Don’t know much about it how do you take it etc.

Imo it’s a mild stimulant. I believe it may assist with a pump but to be honest I’ve never really noticed much difference and don’t know much about it as I don’t particularly rate it personally. Imo Creatine is of VERY limited, or of no use to a boxer. Beta alanine is a totally different supplement and may help you as a boxer, as per the below which is a cut and paste. I don’t know if it’s on the wada prohibited list so check if you compete at a level where you might get tested.

Beta-alanine enhances performance by increasing exercise capacity and decreasing muscle fatigue. It also has antioxidant, immune-enhancing and anti-aging properties. You can get beta-alaninefrom foods that contain carnosine or through supplements. The recommended dose is 2–5 grams daily.

11 hours ago, Sasnak said:

Imo it’s a mild stimulant. I believe it may assist with a pump but to be honest I’ve never really noticed much difference and don’t know much about it as I don’t particularly rate it personally. Imo Creatine is of VERY limited, or of no use to a boxer. Beta alanine is a totally different supplement and may help you as a boxer, as per the below which is a cut and paste. I don’t know if it’s on the wada prohibited list so check if you compete at a level where you might get tested.

Beta-alanine enhances performance by increasing exercise capacity and decreasing muscle fatigue. It also has antioxidant, immune-enhancing and anti-aging properties. You can get beta-alaninefrom foods that contain carnosine or through supplements. The recommended dose is 2–5 grams daily.

Thanks will look into it.