Sign in to follow this  
stone14

Any Close Protection Officers

Any in here, ex-force or civvy?

Any advice for a civvy looking to do the course via SIA in the U.K. Then Ronin South Africa (when I have funds). Regarding SA, exactly ‘when’ is still unknown at present but it is what I have planned if seeking this kind of work in the future. 

Me I understand the SIA course qualifies me on paper but not in the real world. That is why I have looked and found Ronin, if I pass their course I’m hoping that is enough to be recognised as CPO competent.

Just now, Kazza61 said:

Would it not be quicker just to watch Taken, Taken 2 and Taken 3?

f**k that watch Rambo first blood, you be good to go.

on a serious note I think @Tricky be your man who might know something about that sort of thing, if I remember correctly.

37 minutes ago, Matt6210 said:

f**k that watch Rambo first blood, you be good to go.

on a serious note I think @Tricky be your man who might know something about that sort of thing, if I remember correctly.

@Tricky

Wake up from behind the wheel of your parked up luxobarge!

I was licensed when I first got out the army it’s a difficult job to get into especially if your coming from a civi background and want to go somewhere that is quite high risk, they will mainly take ex special forces or any of the main fighting forces (marines / paras)  not to say it can’t be done but you would have to show something exceptional for them to consider you.

If your planning to stay in this country you will more than likely have to have another job once you finish a contract they can be few and far between. I worked the doors and boxing events in between jobs. 

1 hour ago, Matt6210 said:

He must be deep undercover in Bosnia. :cool2:

He's deep undercover sleeping on the back seat! His minor royalty client hasn't woken up yet  from partying yet (12.35pm)

Meanwhile, ah be deep unduhcuvvah in his client's momma's pannys.

9 minutes ago, Stephen9069 said:

I was licensed when I first got out the army it’s a difficult job to get into especially if your coming from a civi background and want to go somewhere that is quite high risk, they will mainly take ex special forces or any of the main fighting forces (marines / paras)  not to say it can’t be done but you would have to show something exceptional for them to consider you.

If your planning to stay in this country you will more than likely have to have another job once you finish a contract they can be few and far between. I worked the doors and boxing events in between jobs. 

You still doing CPS now?

45 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

You still doing CPS now?

No mate haven’t done it for a very long time once i got with my lass and we had kids the work was to inconsistent and I didn’t fancy going to the likes of Afghan or Iraq outside of the military. 

I did consider maritime security but then that’s another couple of grand with no guarantee of work again. 

5 hours ago, Stephen9069 said:

, they will mainly take ex special forces or any of the main fighting forces (marines / paras)  not to say it can’t be done but you would have to show something exceptional for them to consider you.. 

Are they likely to consider someone who has watched all 8 episodes of Bodyguard and now fully appreciates the importance of cuddling suicide bombers?

19 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Are they likely to consider someone who has watched all 8 episodes of Bodyguard and now fully appreciates the importance of cuddling suicide bombers?

You always got to appreciate a good cuddle mate.... come on now, you don’t always need a specific reason.

21 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Almost there just depends on your Call of Duty rank now lol. 

12 minutes ago, Stephen9069 said:

Almost there just depends on your Call of Duty rank now lol. 

Nope. Never played it. But I can counter with the highest cycling proficiency test score of anyone at my junior school. 

1 minute ago, Kazza61 said:

Nope. Never played it. But I can counter with the highest cycling proficiency test score of anyone at my junior school. 

I’d say your more than good to go mate maybe even a little overqualified. 

8 hours ago, Stephen9069 said:

This.  

7 hours ago, Stephen9069 said:

I did consider maritime security but then that’s another couple of grand with no guarantee of work again. 

Someone I know did this (ran the team) for a long time and was quite sought after. He made very good money and lives the lifestyle but he told me a few years back that it had been nosediving for a while and he’s out of that game. I can’t remember which country men were doing it undercutting the money massively but that’s what’s been going on the last 5yrs. 

What has made you want to get into the industry and more importantly where do you hope to gain work? In the UK where it’s basically just a taxi driver in a Audi A8 going to and from events, walking and standing for hours at events? Some contracts may only be short term and have many overnight stays across the country

or do plan or hope to work in hostile environments? 

You have no police or military service, have you any first aid experience like a paramedic? Any security experience? 

Without prior service I would doubt you will get any work to be honest mate. I served in the military doing two tours and also in the Police Service Northern Ireland albeit for a short time I still passed the training and served as an operational officer gaining many transferable skills which certainly helped to secure a job. 

Its  a lot of money to spend on courses but you will have to go down the SIA route initially.  

20 hours ago, AncientOldBloke said:

@Tricky

Wake up from behind the wheel of your parked up luxobarge!

The v12 6.0 audi a8 is a dream to drive. The auto box is flawless and the power delivery is great never mind the seats and I’m yet for coffee to spill whilst situated in the cup holder. That said there is days where I’m on my feet for hours back and knees killing me trying to look professional in my suit and not look f**ked off 

3 hours ago, Tricky said:

I served in the military doing two tours and also in the Police Service Northern Ireland albeit for a short time

Where did you see more action? 2 tours in a war zone or a couple of months in Northern Ireland? :lol:

20 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

That had such a s**t ending. Like some dumb ho ran the whole op? Cmon BBC, you can write better conclusions 

9 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

That had such a s**t ending. Like some dumb ho ran the whole op? Cmon BBC, you can write better conclusions 

Dumb ho's have completely blown my life to fvck on more than one occasion. 

18 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

This.  

Someone I know did this (ran the team) for a long time and was quite sought after. He made very good money and lives the lifestyle but he told me a few years back that it had been nosediving for a while and he’s out of that game. I can’t remember which country men were doing it undercutting the money massively but that’s what’s been going on the last 5yrs. 

Yeah the money was good and if you could land a long term contract even better. I would have liked to have done it but my resettlement money was all used up at that point. 

I don’t know how much courses are now but I remember Black water where well known and in the news quite a bit. 

8 hours ago, Tricky said:

The v12 6.0 audi a8 is a dream to drive. The auto box is flawless and the power delivery is great never mind the seats and I’m yet for coffee to spill whilst situated in the cup holder. That said there is days where I’m on my feet for hours back and knees killing me trying to look professional in my suit and not look f**ked off 

Ar Jason in Transporter 1