Vanchatron

Looking for a good book on bodybuilding (training & nutrition)

15 hours ago, AncientOldBloke said:

HTF is that even biologically possible (beyond a 1st year trainer)?

Ah, like @Pancake' said, it didn't say what the 28lbs was composed of.

Maybe with a blast like Deca EQ Test Superdrol.

I thought it says 28 pounds of muscles, but we both know that in the world of fitness this is advertising myths. 

1 hour ago, Kazza61 said:

William Llewelyn's Anabolics (10th Edition) helped me get very noticeable results from my training.....

Love that book. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop when browsing it.

29 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Love that book. I'm like a kid in a sweet shop when browsing it.

And by the time it got to the 10th edition it was so heavy you could get big just by picking it up and reading it. 

4 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

And by the time it got to the 10th edition it was so heavy you could get big just by picking it up and reading it. 

Pdf mate.

Get with the times, yo!

7 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Pdf mate.

Get with the times, yo!

I like to have the real thing. Same with music - have to have the actual CD (even though I probably listen to it more through bluetooth off my phone).

18 minutes ago, Vanchatron said:

Joe Weider's Ultimate Bodybuilding

Has anybody read this book?  It was published in 1989 so it may be quite outdated by today's standards, although it could potentially still contain some really good advice/tips, so I was just curious if anybody has read it and could recommend it.

Too many irrelevant pics giving a false impression.

Plus BB ain't rocket science anyway. Weider snazzes it up using terms that give the impression he invented BB. Be careful.

1 hour ago, IronJohnDoe said:

Maybe with a blast like Deca EQ Test Superdrol.

I thought it says 28 pounds of muscles, but we both know that in the world of fitness this is advertising myths. 

Iirc I’m sure that study & book was a case of regaining lost muscle. Unless a individual is blessed and likely malnourished then put on a megadose stack is likely the only real explanation I could imagine would yield such a drastic result.

21 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Too many irrelevant pics giving a false impression.

Plus BB ain't rocket science anyway.

Like most things, over-complication and niche sells. Dorian and Mentzer are shysters “it’s the training” muscle failure is failure regardless.  their is an interview on muscle development with Franco Columbo and he states Mentzer actually lowkey did a lot of HV stuff and that often he would leave the gym at the same times as himself & Arnold. The marketing of HIT = $$$

4 hours ago, Pancake' said:

Like most things, over-complication and niche sells. Dorian and Mentzer are shysters “it’s the training” muscle failure is failure regardless.  their is an interview on muscle development with Franco Columbo and he states Mentzer actually lowkey did a lot of HV stuff and that often he would leave the gym at the same times as himself & Arnold. The marketing of HIT = $$$

And yet Mentzer in his volumes of paragraphs writes of one universal truth, not several.

On 5/5/2019 at 7:07 PM, ILLBehaviour said:

Try Beyond brawn

And anything by Mike mentzer

Those other books you linked look awful, says in the speel you need to spend $150 on natural supplements to complete their program and open an iherb account. 

I'm going to buy this book myself,  very useful IMO.

Brawn was a great book , especially pre-gear days...

On 05/05/2019 at 7:00 PM, TIE said:

I reckon Strength Training Anatomy  by Frederic Delavier is pretty much the best book I ever bought  to show the link between the exercises I'm doing and the anatomy they target. 

Thinking about buying this one. Heard nothing but good things about it!

Any other must reads out there that aren’t in this thread?

On 05/05/2019 at 7:00 PM, TIE said:

I reckon Strength Training Anatomy  by Frederic Delavier is pretty much the best book I ever bought  to show the link between the exercises I'm doing and the anatomy they target. 

Agreed very good book . I used the old edition when I first started training . Did me well