UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Looking for a good book on bodybuilding (training & nutrition)

373 views 41 replies 17 participants last post by  gymaddict1986 
#1 ·
I'm looking for some good worthwhile bodybuilding books to read, that focus on training and/or nutrition. Having looked on Amazon recently, there are many different books from many different authors, although having recently bought and read one it was absolutely terrible. The advice given was absolute nonsense, and was riddled with spelling and grammar mistakes throughout, therefore I'm looking for a good read from somebody who knows what they're talking about. I know I can find all the information I need online, but often I like to lie in bed with a book before sleeping.

What I've read so far is:

- Bigger, Leaner, Stronger (Michael Matthews)

- Beyond Bigger, Leaner, Stronger (Michael Matthews)

- Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding (Arnold Schwarzenegger)

- The World's Fittest Book (Ross Edgley)

- Bodybuilding Complete: 2 Books in 1: Bodybuilding Science & Bodybuilding Nutrition (Kevin P. Hunter)

I've got 3 books currently bookmarked that I was thinking of reading soon:

- How to Build More Muscle than Ever Before and Maintain Muscle Mass Permanently (Nekoterran)

- How to Build a Monstrous Physique: For the Extreme Hardcore Bodybuilder (Nekoterran)

- Huge: A Complete Workout Regimen from Bodybuilding's Superstars (Flex Magazine)

See less See more
This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#24 ·
@AncientOldBloke sorry bud but ebooks/pdfs can longer be shared/linked on here (not that they were ever allowed).

Anything at all copyrighted is a no no.
As much as I appreciated those libraries you put up (and I still have them) if I had actually written one of those books I would have been right fvcked off to see them being circulated for free. Luckily, the chances of me writing a book are about nil so fvck 'em!

#35 · (Edited by Moderator)
Joe Weider's Ultimate Bodybuilding

Has anybody read this book? It was published in 1989 so it may be quite outdated by today's standards, although it could potentially still contain some really good advice/tips, so I was just curious if anybody has read it and could recommend it.
Too many irrelevant pics giving a false impression.

Plus BB ain't rocket science anyway. Weider snazzes it up using terms that give the impression he invented BB. Be careful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.