Sign in to follow this  
ukviking

Should I speak to docs about trt?

Been feeling awful for about a year. Had some bloods taken recently and my test levels are very low for my age I'm 30 and my free test was 0.2 nmol/l. Total 12 nmol. Albumin very high 51.2 g/l. Wondered how to approach the GP about this mine are not generally the most helpful.

I had some pre steroid cycle bloods that were pretty much identical to yours. I felt fine, no issues with libido, bags of energy and so on. There will be millions of men walking around with the same levels as you. I’d cautiously suggest that your problems are probably not hormone related. I’ll post my bloods to back this up if you want.

Had my bloods done back in Feb by my GP as had been feeling like crap, weight gain etc, Serum Test came back at 10.55, I’m back up next week to have my free Test tested, I’m 47 years of age.

On 4.5.2019 at 10:12 PM, Sasnak said:

I had some pre steroid cycle bloods that were pretty much identical to yours. I felt fine, no issues with libido, bags of energy and so on. There will be millions of men walking around with the same levels as you. I’d cautiously suggest that your problems are probably not hormone related. I’ll post my bloods to back this up if you want.

So your levels were pretty low and I guess youre on trt now or you blast and cruise?

I wonder, if you would come off gear, and most likely your levels come back down to those low levels, you reckon, to still FEEL as good on those numbers as you did pre-steroids?

50 minutes ago, nervje said:

So your levels were pretty low and I guess youre on trt now or you blast and cruise?

I wonder, if you would come off gear, and most likely your levels come back down to those low levels, you reckon, to still FEEL as good on those numbers as you did pre-steroids?

Yes and no. I’m 46 years old. I’ve used steroids as far back as about 1992, but I’ve never been a long term user. I decided around last September after many years off to to start using again. I haven’t bothered to stop using this time following a blast.  Ahead of this I felt fine, still had bags of energy (I still play Rugby) libido normal. I’m currently pinning half a mil as and when I get round to it and my life is exactly the same. I suspect if I didn’t bother nothing much would change, apart from my libido, which is definitely a tiny bit higher than it was before, but nothing major.

It is believed in endocrinology that testosterone is responsible for libido. Women have natural test levels of between 1 and 3 nmol and some of them would shag anything. 

I’ve owned two Border Collie dogs in my time, both fvcing mental things. I had them castrated, they were both still mental but minus wanting to shag my leg.

Most of what is posted in here about “low test” is in the imagination of those that post it whose problems lie elsewhere. I’ll probably get flamed for that comment but those offended can either inject some testosterone so they feel better or develop a real life threatening illness to worry about :)