Jump to content
David81

Medium and minimum glutes + biceps femoris

Recommended Posts

I'm looking for advice on specifics exercises or specific execution of exercises (e.g., amplitude, isometric stop, etc) to work medium and minimum glutes out. The point is to build an "upper an rounder" shaped butt in my wife. 

The same idea regarding biceps femoris, as she has a hard time improving hamstrings 

Just as an example, she's had nice results on rounder butt with low pulley hip extension executed at 45° (neither straightly nor laterally, but right in between) with a quick isometric hold at the end of extension.

Nevertheless, I'd like to hear other suggestions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, anna1 said:

Would like to know that too lol

Although my favorites would be squats  , romanian deadlifts , hip thrusts , sumo deadlifts 

everything else is complimentary 

x

Thank Anna. See, I know that the complex moves are the ones that makes us grow, and I'm looking for the complementary ones.

Of you haven't tried yet, try that low pulley hip extention executed at 45°. It helps with the butt lifting effect and Ando makes it rounder on the upper part. But I wante to explore her with new movements that she hasn't tried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, anna1 said:

 

 

37 minutes ago, anna1 said:
44 minutes ago, Endomorph84 said:

These!!

Also add in Hyperextensions and Hip Abduction machine and you're good to go!

That's how I built my sweet buns

Thank you for the idea.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David81 said:

Thank Anna. See, I know that the complex moves are the ones that makes us grow, and I'm looking for the complementary ones.

Of you haven't tried yet, try that low pulley hip extention executed at 45°. It helps with the butt lifting effect and Ando makes it rounder on the upper part. But I wante to explore her with new movements that she hasn't tried.

I am sure it helps and I would get a nice burn at the end of a session 

I do those but usually lean forward a bit more . Really like them 

also donkey kicks on a smith machine are pretty sweet 

@Flubs has an awesome butt and likes to try new things all the time 

maybe she can chime in 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, anna1 said:

I do those but usually lean forward a bit more . Really like them

Oh, I apologise for not making myself properly understandable. By the 45° execution, I meant the leg movement. Not sideways, not straight back, by right in between, at 45° angle. I didn't mean the leaning position... Sorry for that.

4 minutes ago, anna1 said:

 has an awesome butt and likes to try new things all the time 

maybe she can chime in 

I'd be greatful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David81 said:

Oh, I apologise for not making myself properly understandable. By the 45° execution, I meant the leg movement. Not sideways, not straight back, by right in between, at 45° angle. I didn't mean the leaning position... Sorry for that.

I'd be greatful. 

Oh  no , my bad

english is not my native language and I had to google the exercise to understand what you meant so I was more referring to the guy on YouTube rather than you I think lol

sorry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, anna1 said:

Oh  no , my bad

english is not my native language and I had to google the exercise to understand what you meant so I was more referring to the guy on YouTube rather than you I think lol

sorry

Hi (sorry for my bad english)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, David81 said:

@anna1 @Endomorph84

How about amplitude, specially for hamstrings grow purposes?

I know that different amplitude when doing sumo deadlifts emphasizes vastus lateralis or vastus medialis.

Is there such a thing for hamstrings?

What do you mean by amplitude? Range of motion or stance width ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, anna1 said:

Oh  no , my bad

english is not my native language and I had to google the exercise to understand what you meant so I was more referring to the guy on YouTube rather than you I think lol

sorry

Hmm it's not mine too... Lol. Where are u from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, David81 said:

I mean range of motion, even though wide stance influences too.

Sumos already have a short ROM

full range of motion for me 

can’t imagine doing halves anyway . That would look pretty funny 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, anna1 said:

Oh perfect! Glad we’re getting somewhere talking to eachother then  :lol:

I ‘m Greek 

and you ? 

From Brazil, but living in Portugal.

8 hours ago, anna1 said:

Sumos already have a short ROM

full range of motion for me 

can’t imagine doing halves anyway . That would look pretty funny 

Check the below vídeo.

Agachamento sumô step.mp4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Endomorph84 said:

How big they get is down ultimately down to diet

I didn't really understand this part.

What I meant was if there is any range of movement amplitude (or wide stance range, or feet positioning) of any of the complex muscle groups exercises (squats, legpress, rdl etc) that helps to prioritarily target the hamstrings. 

My wife has a hard time to get hamstrings bigger 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, David81 said:

I didn't really understand this part.

What I meant was if there is any range of movement amplitude (or wide stance range, or feet positioning) of any of the complex muscle groups exercises (squats, legpress, rdl etc) that helps to prioritarily target the hamstrings. 

My wife has a hard time to get hamstrings bigger 

Lol, I don't understand what you mean by amplitude, that's the confusion. But no worries.

I put my feet just less than shoulder width apart.

The problem I see with people when doing RDLs is they don't push their hips back, they just bend at the waist.

There's 2 ways you can be sure you're pushing your hips back.

1. Get your wife to stand a foot or so away from the wall, break at the hips but make sure her bum touches the wall whilst leaning over/ bending forward slowly. As time moves on she wont need to do it to a wall as shell know what she's feeling for and motor recruitment will take over.

2. Do RDLs into a band, this is how I do mine and I give the credit to this exercise as my hammies are massive. Break at the hips and let the resistance of the band pull her hips back whilst leaning over/ bending forward slowly. The band makes the exercise harder also,  I progress the exercise by adding different band resistances. I use DBs for a deeper stretch.

My lest 7 weeks example....

Week 1 - 40kg + black band.

Week 2 - 40kg + black band & red band.

Week 3 - 40kg + black band & 2 red bands.

Week 4 - 42kg + black band.

Week 5 - 42kg + black band & red band (this was todays, so next week ill do the below).

Week 6 - 42kg + black band & 2 red bands.

Week 7 - 44kg + black band.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×