cinosartlU

Do you get annoyed when people approach you at the Gym and ask for training tips?

7 hours ago, Skye666 said:

No...I am unapproachable ....it helps 

This is me also whilst I am training, but I don’t get asked often and usually refer them to resident PTI’s.

I train at home these days and have done for many years. When I was younger though and used to train in gyms, I used to think it was great to have a young lass or a couple of them come and ask for advice on training and I would be as helpful as I could possibly be. If a young lad came up though I’d immediately point him in the direction of the owner and carry on training...

The last person who asked me for advice ended up picking their teeth off the floor as I reminded them who I am and what my yearly salary was. I was banned from the gym as they had no idea what UKM general was or what I was talking about.

Usually in the gym people did stop and stare at me and obviously was debating in their brain if a strength trainers looks was between 3.3333 or 6.33333, nowadays I get fitness instructers telling me that my form is incorrect in regards to using an rounded upper back and decreasing the ROM on deadlift..... can anyone help? 

Now that I think about it I do get asked by women but not at the gym 

conversation goes sth like this 

- so you work out ?

- yes 

- what do you do ?

- mainly weights 

- ooooh I can’t do weights, I ’ll get  too big

- why do you think that ? You used to train?

- no , but I know I will . I played basketball in 8th grade and my back got big   

:confused1:

47 minutes ago, anna1 said:

- so you work out ?

- yes 

- what do you do ?

- mainly weights 

All dem slam dunks innit?

19 hours ago, Flubs said:

This is me also whilst I am training, but I don’t get asked often and usually refer them to resident PTI’s.

Oh so your unapproachable....but kind by referring them on....

I have trouble even speaking :lol: 

how are you anyway long time? 

1 hour ago, anna1 said:

- so you work out ?

- yes 

- what do you do ?

- mainly weights 

But to be fair those kind of women are annoying anyway right, they are usually the ones who are also on meds because they have XYZ and they got that because mum has it, or they are pre, peri, pari, menstral and so cant do too much yada yada,   My calves are bigger than most guys but I think that’s because my mum had them too.

2 minutes ago, Skye666 said:

But to be fair those kind of women are annoying anyway right, they are usually the ones who are also on meds because they have XYZ and they got that because mum has it, or they are pre, peri, pari, menstral and so cant do too much yada yada,   My calves are bigger than most guys but I think that’s because my mum had them too.

Most are just bullsh”tting me . 

Never trained in their lives , they think they’ll get too big 

wish it were that easy 

Just tell me you hate that style of training because you find it demanding/ boring or whatever and you’d rather do some zumba lol

2 hours ago, anna1 said:

It just a lot of [email protected]

how come every woman I talk to grows so big so fast and with minimal effort and I can’t is beyond me 

Dem black genetics. 

Some may not have the black genetics, in this case they’re just ‘special’ like that Jason Goneva lad and many other social media folk. 

2 hours ago, anna1 said:

Most are just bullsh”tting me . 

Never trained in their lives , they think they’ll get too big 

wish it were that easy 

Just tell me you hate that style of training because you find it demanding/ boring or whatever and you’d rather do some zumba lol

Zumbaaaaaaa :lol:  Come on admit it when you see them sweaty and smiley coming out of the Zumba class you wish you had gone too. 

17 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Dem black genetics. 

Some may not have the black genetics, in this case they’re just ‘special’ like that Jason Goneva lad and many other social media folk. 

Haha I googled the guy , yeah that pretty much captures it   :lol:

9 minutes ago, Skye666 said:

Zumbaaaaaaa :lol:  Come on admit it when you see them sweaty and smiley coming out of the Zumba class you wish you had gone too. 

Ok I admit it . I was just hungry and cranky earlier  haha 

2 hours ago, Skye666 said:

Oh so your unapproachable....but kind by referring them on....

I have trouble even speaking :lol: 

how are you anyway long time? 

I train mainly alone. I don’t encourage anyone to talk to me when I am in the gym and get on with my routine without looking for company.

If, and as I said it doesn’t happen often, I am asked about anything I am doing I just tell them to speak to one of the trainers. I don’t have a need to make anyone feel like crap for asking me as I was in that position once myself.

We are all different. I’m fine, thanks for asking.  Still training away, working and getting on with life. How are you? And your little girl? Both happy I hope.

I don't give anyone advice unless specifically asked, people learn better from their own mistakes, but no I wouldn't be a douche if someone asked me for advice, I think it's pretty disrespectful to ignore someone who just wants to learn...

Train alone at home these days. Have been asked about lifting more when out on drink than ever have in the gym, mostly by young lads, I just tell to eat more bacon and crisps

18 minutes ago, Henda83 said:

Train alone at home these days. Have been asked about lifting more when out on drink than ever have in the gym, mostly by young lads, I just tell to eat more bacon and crisps

I like bacon and crisps, lots of them with some full fat coke. :)