Sign in to follow this  
sohaail23

Bench press really bad elbow/tricep/bicep pain

I weigh 70kg can hit 110kg for 1 rep max and 100kg for 5 reps with full range of motion. I added 20kg onto my bench in a couple of months and often bench 2-3x a week. For the last couple of weeks ive felt a really bad pain in my arm. I think the common consensus is pinkies on the ring of the barbell however my pinkies are in the middle of that region. Could this be the reason? When i spoke with a PT he told me i may be overloading my triceps and often i dont feel any soreness etc in my chest.

On 24/04/2019 at 1:49 PM, sohaail23 said:

I weigh 70kg can hit 110kg for 1 rep max and 100kg for 5 reps with full range of motion. I added 20kg onto my bench in a couple of months and often bench 2-3x a week. For the last couple of weeks ive felt a really bad pain in my arm. I think the common consensus is pinkies on the ring of the barbell however my pinkies are in the middle of that region. Could this be the reason? When i spoke with a PT he told me i may be overloading my triceps and often i dont feel any soreness etc in my chest.

If you're benching 3 times a week you will run into some tendon pain back off bench just once a week for a while then slowly up the frequency/loading