Sign in to follow this  
sean m

Blood test

Great thing about Medichecks is that you have an online account and all your results are graphed so you can track levels over time. Much better than having pieces of paper all over the place.

They have 20% off for this weekend as well.

Yes but at a minimum of £55 a pop it’s not going it be cheap and if get tests done by Gp, not hard to track it manually...  I suppose every 6 months won’t break the bank.  Also depends on how supportive/flexible your Gp is. Mines a bit of a bell end lol...

10 hours ago, Whatwhat said:

I was going to ask my GP but Are the tests thorough enough ? Seen some of the private ones on here and they look really comprehensive  

GP tests are thorough enough and check whats needed , i guess it depends on whether or not you dont mind paying for things you dont need doing and /or what the tests are actually for in the first place.

if you have already been diagnosed with hypogonadism and have a protocol in place all you need is a FBC /PSA /total test a few times a year.

be aware that if you use a private blood test clinic then take the results to your GP expecting a test script that the GP as well as the consultant you go to in the NHS are going to be doing (and using) data from their own blood tests - making the private one you paid for pointless.

to sum up if you are going to be paying for your tests and scripts and dont mind doing so go private and use their test services

if you expect the NHS to do it go to your GP and start from there

some people will pay for tests and get a diagnosis privately and if they have a sympathetic GP the GP will prescribe off the back of the private tests - however imo this is pointless  - you either need TRT or dont and if you do the NHS will do it for free. (i dont want to get into a debate on NHS VS private prescribing, it been done to death on here many times and is usually started by some prat having a hissy fit who doesnt actually need TRT and has been told so by a GP/ NHS consultant)