Mayzini

Who struggles with mind games when bulking

5 hours ago, nWo said:

The solution to losing your abs, is to never lose your abs :thumbup1: Cut more often. I don't buy into this once a year malarkey, never have done. Firstly, mentally it's boring, after a few months if sticking to a diet is hard then you'll get sick of it and want to eat more/less. Secondly, if you bulk and cut more often then you stay leaner without negatively affecting your progress in the long run. If you take two guys with very similar genetics, experience, training styles, sleep patterns and everything else and both 10% bodyfat, and have them both spend 40 weeks in a caloric surplus and 12 weeks in a deficit within a single year - you have guy A bulk 13 weeks then cut 4 weeks, repeating that cycle 3x throughout the year; and have guy B bulk for 40 weeks straight and then cut for 12 weeks straight. Both guys are gonna look basically the same by the end of the year, yet guy A would have very visible abs throughout while guy B would have totally lost his after 40 weeks.

This is going to be my approach once competing next year is out of the way.   But for now longer bulk to gain size is the route we have chosen and so be it 

20 hours ago, Mayzini said:

I know a lot of us in this hobby/addiction struggle with body dysmorphia but for this of us the bulk and cut who struggles with the mind her coming to the end of a bulk. I am in my last 3 weeks and abs are no more. Some days love the strength and the size others feel fat and bloated!this sport can be the ultimate headfuck at times 

What f**ks me most when bulking (mind that is) is the day/night I have a blow out and eat s**t or have a night on the piss as I know I’m in a surplus and can’t fix. Whilst cuttting once a week I eat anything and everything I want but know with in a few days it’s sorted and I’m loosing fat/weight again! I defo do prefer how I feel when bulking though, not how I look but I love the strength and hate feeling hungry. 1st 4ish weeks of a cut I’m fine but by about week 6 I struggle like f**k and think about nothing else other than food 

Sometimes I wish I never started but I do love it too. As you said i don’t don’t think I’ll ever be 100% happy with my body but it’s all part of what we are and do 

just come back off a holiday and added 11.5 in 7 days. Had a great time though and ate and drink like a king haha 

I never really bulk or cut for consistent lengths of time, I just train as hard as I can, eat as much good, clean food as poss and take enough gear to get consistently stronger.

Obviously, as I compete, I have to make weight but this is usually 2 or 3kg so no big deal in overall grand scheme.

BUT I don't want to look like a BBer, I want a massively strong and powerful physique which is functional to a degree.

Me. I get defeated everytime. I am a very skinny ecto and I cannot live with having a bulging gut. Although the rest of me looks good and I look a fair size bigger. As soon as i see my stomach is still bigger than my chest. I just feel sick and look like a disgusting mess so I just stay skinny now. Its just something I have never ever been able to overcome psychologically.

On 05/03/2019 at 12:37 PM, swole troll said:

give me a rumbling stomach and constant desire for food over that any day 

Surely that's what we are designed and built for over the past 2 million years? Only in the last 100-150 years has the opposite happened.

(PS I am prolly talking shyte due to being calorifically deprived.)

8 hours ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Surely that's what we are designed and built for over the past 2 million years? Only in the last 100-150 years has the opposite happened.

(PS I am prolly talking shyte due to being calorifically deprived.)

no sounds like a good theory tbf 

it'd be far more natural from an evolution / how it would be in the wild pov to be hungry for a few days rather than stuffed as a fu**ing pig still pushing food down day in day out 

6 hours ago, swole troll said:

no sounds like a good theory tbf 

it'd be far more natural from an evolution / how it would be in the wild pov to be hungry for a few days rather than stuffed as a fu**ing pig still pushing food down day in day out 

Time for some blasphemy then:

BB beyond a certain point is unnatural and unhealthy.

Everyone decides their own individual point.

22 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Time for some blasphemy then:

BB beyond a certain point is unnatural and unhealthy.

Everyone decides their own individual point.

What could be more natural than eating rice and meat 6x per day 

Lying on your back pushing weight off your chest 

And injecting trenbolone 

Can't say I go to extreme bulks anymore . I dont see the point in becoming a fat tub of lard. You wont gain more muscle judt create more work for the future and i learned the hard way.  When I first started I ate everything in site for 3.5 years untill one day I looked in the mirror and thought you are a fat c**t. Lost 5 stones in 3 months and never looked back. Then gained that 5 stones back in muscle.now comftbly sitting at 17 stones