Hi Guys,

I started my first cycle on testosterone enanthate 3 weeks ago. 

In week one I did 300mg, week two 450mg and week three 450mg.

In week two - the day after my 3rd shot - I felt an upsurge in energy despite poor sleep the night before, and experienced a slight strength increase in the gym. It also felt like my sex drive went up.

However, approaching the end of week three and having done 6 shots, I feel no better than I did after the 3rd shot, no more strength increase, no better mood or energy, in fact I arguably feel a little worse.

In addition, I haven't started to see any muscle gain yet. I'm starting to worry that the stuff I got is fake. Surely the day after my 6th shot my blood level should be high enough to feel amazing and start seeing gains.

Am I expecting muscle gain too soon? How long does it take to start seeing muscle gains on a test only cycle? What other benefits should I expect to feel and when?

I'd greatly appreciate some answers because I'm starting to feel dejected.

IMPORTANT: I train 5 times per week and eat in a caloric surplus all the time. I do not gain fat no matter how much I eat so any new weight will be muscle or water weight. Please just assume that my training, nutrition and recovery are on point when answering my questions. Thanks guys.

UPDATE: The lab is Onyx Pharmaceuticals from Belgium. Anyone had experience with this lab?

Apart from an initial bump in libido I’ve never fealt anything. After a few weeks I feel a bit crappy if anything. Don’t expect to feel “amazing” on gear

What lab?

Food is key. Ideally you’d have bulked naturally before and know how much you need to increase cals to start gaining weight. Do you?

Are compound lifts up?

10 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Apart from an initial bump in libido I’ve never fealt anything. After a few weeks I feel a bit crappy if anything. Don’t expect to feel “amazing” on gear

What lab?

Food is key. Ideally you’d have bulked naturally before and know how much you need to increase cals to start gaining weight. Do you?

Are compound lifts up?

Onyx Pharmaceuticals from Belgium. I didn't say at the start because I want people to make a judgement based on what I've described rather than what they've heard about a particular brand.

Day after the 3rd shot I benched 100kg for 15 reps, most I'd done before in one go - as a natural - was 12.  But since the 15 I only manage 13 in one go every time.

I don't gain fat no matter how much I eat so the scale never changes fast for me, I don't even look at the scale. I see my gains in the mirror. So far all I've gained is muscle memory gains because prior to starting my cycle I undertrained for 2 weeks then didn't train for a week. Nonetheless, I am eating in a caloric surplus, but not gaining any new muscle so far.

I've not long finished my first cycle and from my experience it takes time for the test to kick right in that's from me personally there's far more experienced guys here but I put a lot of weight on to start mostly glycogen and water, my strength didn't  go up until further into the cycle, you just need to stick to it make sure your progressing in the gym , eat in  a surplus , get recovery and be consistent.

24 minutes ago, Mickstar said:

I've not long finished my first cycle and from my experience it takes time for the test to kick right in that's from me personally there's far more experienced guys here but I put a lot of weight on to start mostly glycogen and water, my strength didn't  go up until further into the cycle, you just need to stick to it make sure your progressing in the gym , eat in  a surplus , get recovery and be consistent.

Thanks but like can you give me time stamps of when you started gaining water weight, when you started gaining strength and when you started gaining muscle? E.g. week 3, 4, 5 etc

By the way guys assume my training, nutrition and recovery are spot on (they are).

1 hour ago, Charlie C said:

Hi Guys,

In week two - the day after my 3rd shot - I felt an upsurge in energy despite poor sleep the night before, and experienced a slight strength increase in the gym. It also felt like my sex drive went up.

However, approaching the end of week three and having done 6 shots, I feel no better than I did after the 3rd shot, no more strength increase, no better mood or energy, in fact I arguably feel a little worse.

In addition, I haven't started to see any muscle gain yet. I'm starting to worry that the stuff I got is fake. Surely the day after my 6th shot my blood level should be high enough to feel amazing and start seeing gains.

Am I expecting muscle gain too soon? How long does it take to start seeing muscle gains on a test only cycle? What other benefits should I expect to feel and when?

Thanks guys.

Did you expect to hulk out?

Yes you're expecting too much.

Muscle gain?

Are you training and eating?

PEDs are and assistance, not a.magic bullet.

28 minutes ago, Charlie C said:

Thanks but like can you give me time stamps of when you started gaining water weight, when you started gaining strength and when you started gaining muscle? E.g. week 3, 4, 5 etc

By the way guys assume my training, nutrition and recovery are spot on (they are).

For me personally I didnt feel anything special for a while until further into cycle I was only on 300mg of test e a week,  but the scales did move up quickly for me which I'm assuming is a lot of water and glycogen weight. The weight slowed down  further in  or so , but my strength went up much further into cycle and after a pct I dropped a few pounds . So be prepared to be patient and don't worry too much give the drugs time if your putting everything into it you should be seeing progress especially if its your first time you've done it.

8 minutes ago, Smokey13 said:

Because your not eating enough

/Thread

In almost 3 years of training naturally and having built 30 lbs of muscle I've never gained fat, once. I'm lean year round. Some people just have those genetics. There's been days where I've eaten pastries on top of my 4500/5000 calories.

20 minutes ago, simonboyle said:

Did you expect to hulk out?

Yes you're expecting too much.

Muscle gain?

Are you training and eating?

PEDs are and assistance, not a.magic bullet.

Assume my training, nutrition, recovery etc are on point, then tell me what you think.

honestly this is another thread of people overthinking it.   Your not going to  feel the "Magic"  on those levels of test maybe some slight increase in libido, but most dont feel any different, oftne slightly worse as our hormonal balance is out.     

strength again dont expect to turn into superman.  Until I hit harsher compounds I didnt really notice a high difference in strength. 

keep at it keep training, keep eating, if you cant put fat on the chances are your metabolism will be very and as a result you may find it harder to also put mass on.   my advice is track everything, weight yourself over two weeks if not change up the calories by 300-500 and so on. 

Personally I find it easy to gain weight, whether its fat or muscle losing fat is my hard graft my metabolism is screwed.  

If your eating in a surplus, your training right and sleeping right you would have deffo gained by now as it is you first cycle. Tbh even if one or all 3 off those things were off youd stil have gained something by now with it being your first time using. 

Sounds like maybe that jump in energy and libido etc is a  placebo as if you have done reading which im sure you would have most places says it takes around 3 weeks to kick in so youd be expecting this since day one in back of your mind hence the placebo effect and not feeling any different 3 weeks later. 

Have you noticed any strength increase atall? Or just what you would have training natural?

Sounds like bunk gear...maybe get bloods to make sure as it is only real way to tell, but like I said even with s**t eating and subpar training youd see something by now first cycle 

7 minutes ago, Charlie C said:

In almost 3 years of training naturally and having built 30 lbs of muscle I've never gained fat, once. I'm lean year round. Some people just have those genetics. There's been days where I've eaten pastries on top of my 4500/5000 calories.

your talking rubbish I am afraid, if you talking about putting serious mass on, no one has those genetics.   

perhaps give us some states height weight age, your startign weight and your current weight. 30lb in three years as a newbie is good well done, but its nothing to write home about, as once you start hitting your ceiling the AAS wont make you gain more without extra calories, and you will if you want to gain serious size have to eat to the point of some fat going on.  i guess it depends on your goal also, are you looking to go big or just physique wise. 

2 minutes ago, Simon90 said:

If your eating in a surplus, your training right and sleeping right you would have deffo gained by now as it is you first cycle. Tbh even if one or all 3 off those things were off youd stil have gained something by now with it being your first time using. 

Sounds like maybe that jump in energy and libido etc is a  placebo as if you have done reading which im sure you would have most places says it takes around 3 weeks to kick in so youd be expecting this since day one in back of your mind hence the placebo effect and not feeling any different 3 weeks later. 

Have you noticed any strength increase atall? Or just what you would have training natural?

Sounds like bunk gear...maybe get bloods to make sure as it is only real way to tell, but like I said even with s**t eating and subpar training youd see something by now first cycle 

I dont buy all this bunk gear; he is using Test, it so cheap to make UGLS are rarely putting out totally bunk, maybe slightly underdosed but still he would still be gaining.  

we dont have enough information to give any more advice,  comments by the op like assume my nutrition etc is all on point, in my opinion leads me to bet its not. 

13 minutes ago, Mayzini said:

I dont buy all this bunk gear; he is using Test, it so cheap to make UGLS are rarely putting out totally bunk, maybe slightly underdosed but still he would still be gaining.  

we dont have enough information to give any more advice,  comments by the op like assume my nutrition etc is all on point, in my opinion leads me to bet its not. 

I agree mate, especially the bit about putting on no fat. If your eating enough calories to put on muscle then putting on some fat is going to happen, no matter what. 

As for the gear some Labs deffo do, it was only other day I was writing about this same lab, used their test 400 and was completely bunk confirmed by bloods, unfortunatley it happenes.  

Id still expect to see some changes even though his diet etc was off. Like you said, pictures stats training, diet all needs to be posted to give best advice 

2 hours ago, Charlie C said:

Hi Guys,

IMPORTANT: I train 5 times per week and eat in a caloric surplus all the time. I do not gain fat no matter how much I eat so any new weight will be muscle or water weight. Please just assume that my training, nutrition and recovery are on point when answering my questions. Thanks guys.

I would say you are expecting to much to soon. Asking for advice on here based on what youve told us the first thing people are going to look at is your diet and training. Alot of guys think they eat enough when in reality they don't. 

You've said you don't gain any fat which tells me you're not eating enough. 

Based on the fact you want us to assume the compound is legit, you train hard enough and you eat in a surplus then the logical answer is you're expecting to much to soon and the results will come in time. 

6 minutes ago, Mayzini said:

your talking rubbish I am afraid, if you talking about putting serious mass on, no one has those genetics.   

perhaps give us some states height weight age, your startign weight and your current weight. 30lb in three years as a newbie is good well done, but its nothing to write home about, as once you start hitting your ceiling the AAS wont make you gain more without extra calories, and you will if you want to gain serious size have to eat to the point of some fat going on.  i guess it depends on your goal also, are you looking to go big or just physique wise. 

I'm over 6ft and in my mid 20s. I started off at 88kg and am 102kg right now. I'm probably very close to my ceiling if not there as the last 6 months of training I haven't really gained any size.

I'm not looking to be open division big just some more size to eventually get to the level of like a Ullyses or Panda. For now I wanna see where I can get on just 250-300mg test per week. Only reason I did 450mg the last 2 weeks is in the hope that it will make it kick in faster.

I heard Calum von Moger doesn't gain fat, his coach said that in Generation Iron 2. Never seen Simeon Panda not lean in all his progression.

10 minutes ago, Simon90 said:

I agree mate, especially the bit about putting on no fat. If your eating enough calories to put on muscle then putting on some fat is going to happen, no matter what. 

As for the gear some Labs deffo do, it was only other day I was writing about this same lab, used their test 400 and was completely bunk confirmed by bloods, unfortunatley it happenes.  

Id still expect to see some changes even though his diet etc was off. Like you said, pictures stats training, diet all needs to be posted to give best advice 

Remember, I have gained muscle during my cycle, but only old muscle that was rebuilt. So surely even if my diet was a little off and it was real I should start seeing at least a tiny bit of new muscle. I've seen nothing yet. So if I don't see anything by end of week 4, I can safely assume it's fake.

I definitely am at my genetic ceiling. Believe you me I've eaten more, increased the weight, trained with different people (including an IFBB pro) and not been able to get any bigger in the last 6 months. Hence the reason I've decided it's time for AAS.

7 minutes ago, Charlie C said:

I'm over 6ft and in my mid 20s. I started off at 88kg and am 102kg right now. I'm probably very close to my ceiling if not there as the last 6 months of training I haven't really gained any size.

I'm not looking to be open division big just some more size to eventually get to the level of like a Ullyses or Panda. For now I wanna see where I can get on just 250-300mg test per week. Only reason I did 450mg the last 2 weeks is in the hope that it will make it kick in faster.

I heard Calum von Moger doesn't gain fat, his coach said that in Generation Iron 2. Never seen Simeon Panda not lean in all his progression.

sounds like your doing really well, so keep it going.   dont believe all that crap on Generation Iron 2. When people say they lean, they mean a little fat but still keeping abs etc.  if your believe that you will end up believing Panda is natty !! lols 

I suggest just weight every two week and if weight is going up increase cals  if your genetically gifted to the point you can stay lean and gain muscle then brilliant. 

I would add you say you have gained 30ils in 3 years from 17-20 thats good but your growing still at those ages, so you would have been in your muscle building prime time.  so be careful not to expect to much. 

12 minutes ago, Charlie C said:

Remember, I have gained muscle during my cycle, but only old muscle that was rebuilt. So surely even if my diet was a little off and it was real I should start seeing at least a tiny bit of new muscle. I've seen nothing yet. So if I don't see anything by end of week 4, I can safely assume it's fake.

I definitely am at my genetic ceiling. Believe you me I've eaten more, increased the weight, trained with different people (including an IFBB pro) and not been able to get any bigger in the last 6 months. Hence the reason I've decided it's time for AAS.

Ahh s**t...I read your post wrong I thought you was in 6weeks of your cycle! 

In that case mate yeah it can be too soon, for me  the 3rd week is where the magic starts to happen, see how you are in another 2/3 weeks from now and should see some notoceable changes.

Hopefuly it isnt fake...good luck 

3 hours ago, Charlie C said:

Hi Guys,

UPDATE: The lab is Onyx Pharmaceuticals from Belgium. Anyone had experience with this lab?

Personally on a test only cycle you dont necessarily 'feel it' it's more subtle. You just feel slightly better. Everything else is the same bar maybe sex drive. But there is no rush feeling or mad obvious signs. Especially only on 450mg. It's more subtle. You just put your body in a better position to gain well, provided everything is in place. 3 weeks is still a little early to be honest. It's when you use things like tren etc that you 'feel it' hope it goes well regardless. First cycles are always cool Haha.