Sign in to follow this  
JayJ4758

Ab Workout

I’m a 17 year old and I weigh over 10 stone with 9 stone of me being muscle. I have 7.3% fat and am just under 6 foot. I’m struggling with getting more definition on my stomach even after doing ab workouts for around 5/6 weeks now. I was doing them but had a big break during Christmas. Do you guys have any tips or workouts I could use which will guarantee definition?

Your skeleton and all of your internal organs make up a big proportion of your weight, so you don't actually have 9 stone of muscle. You are probably also more than 7.3% fat actually since however you measured that won't be super accurate. Neither of these things particularly matter but just getting the facts straight.

Visible abs requires a combination of low body fat and muscle size. Growing muscle takes a lot of time and effort I'm afraid so 6 weeks is nothing really. If you train effectively you're more likely to notice a difference after 6 months, and it might take far longer I'm afraid. At your age you might find you have a bit of a muscular growth spurt of course.

If you're training at home I'd suggest you have a look at the Athlean-X YouTube channel for some ideas on exercises and routines. I'd also suggest you don't just focus on your abs but train your whole body.