Sign in to follow this  
JohhnyC

Anyone own a running machine?

Do you use it? 

Thinking of getting one to do cardio. Can't be f**ked going to the gym just to do cardio. I do weights 4 times a week so it's enough. In any case gym is miles away 

Seems handy to run 30,40mins in my pants then shower . 

Looked at a few, but hard to know how much to spend. Some seem stupidly small. Think I need a 50cm width track min 

Had a treadmill for 5 years now,  

Mainly use it when cutting, but I do use it to get warm in my home gym. 

If you want it solely for running, then I would advise not going for a treadmill but just run normally outside. 

I've never run on mine, just LISS walking on an incline. 

Many bargains to be had pre used, as people buy them, use them little, then they just sit in the garage. 

Go with a better make, something like Nordictrack so you can get parts for it later if need be. 

On 12/02/2019 at 3:11 PM, Sparkey said:

Had a treadmill for 5 years now,  

Mainly use it when cutting, but I do use it to get warm in my home gym. 

If you want it solely for running, then I would advise not going for a treadmill but just run normally outside. 

I've never run on mine, just LISS walking on an incline. 

Many bargains to be had pre used, as people buy them, use them little, then they just sit in the garage. 

missed your follow up mate, 
I tried a few and the all seem too flimsy especially if you pick up the pace. I really need a full size track as you would find in a gym. 

i live in china and too many problems running outside, namely pollution, 40deg summers , -15deg winters, too many people.

I want to do it on my off gym days, 5-10km. After weights is not ideal at all and I really need to focus on cardio primarily for health, fat loss is secondary. 

My doc is saying i need to get doing cardio given my heart condition is progressively getting worse. 

My best mate and his missus used to have one in their bedroom, of all places (only room they had the space for it in). He used to run on it every evening. After about 2 weeks his neighbour pulled him up and was like "mate... how do I get my missus to give me some every night like yours does?". As it turns out, the walls aren't very thick and every night at about 7-8pm the neighbour would hear a rhythmic "bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang" coming from the other side of the wall for about 20 minutes, which happened to be the bedroom, and he'd gotten the wrong end of the stick.